Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 09:49 PM
    I was born in Fountain Valley, CA, then lived in Moreno Valley, CA, then Kingsburg, CA, then Reedley, CA and now Jacksonville, FL.

I'll be moving to Ridgecrest, CA in about 2 months. :p
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Sep 2, 2007, 10:17 PM
    I was born in victoria, we've visited the house we lived in when I was born a few times
    Then we moved to nsw
    Then we moved to a diff house in nsw
    Then to queensland
    Then we drove across australia to live here in wa
    Then we built a house, and moved into that
    I was quite fond of the place I lived in when we first lived in wa, my room was so small, my bed was as long as the room! We couldn't fit all my furniture in it, but I kind of liked having a small room
    Now I live in our built house, and its awesome
    I liked nsw, but I don't really like my past. I'm only sort of content with the last year and a half, the rest id rather not look back on, because the rest isn't me, it's a different person, a person I seriously dislike and never want to be again.
    Home, to me, is wherever my friends are, and wherever god wants me to be.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Stringer, Chicago is somewhere I would love to visit! Nautical, I love most of the California cities I have been too, it really is beautiful there... even in winter hee hee.
    Cal, I am not sure what nsw is and I used to have a really small room too, it was my favorite. Thanks guys!
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    Stringer, Chicago is somewhere I would love to visit! Nautical, I love most of the California cities I have been too, it really is beautiful there....even in winter hee hee.
    Cal, I am not sure what nsw is and I used to have a really small room too, it was my favorite. Thanks guys!
    Northern and Southern California are the most beautiful. I don't think Central is that great. :p

And I could be wrong, but I think NSW is New South Wales in Australia :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Ah Ha... I loved Santa Barbara, a little to upity but still the weather and surroundings were nice. The red woods were nice. The stars out there are terrific...
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Yes! Up in the mountains in the National Parks where the Redwoods are is the prettiest! Have you ever been to Pismo Beach? That is my favorite place to be when I'm in California :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 10:30 AM
    My husband was born in Whittier, he said you can ride on that beach. We were just talking about it yesterday, how weird! He loved it.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 11:05 AM
    I think each area has it's own beauty nauticalstar420. I spent some time in California, Texas, Florida, east coast, etc, believe me they all have their own unique wonders. The Chicago are offers it's own; all the beaches, the large city benefits along with the character of a Midwestern town; not all the craziness. It's beautiful, travel only 30 to 40 miles and you have state parks, mountains, it depends what you like I guess.

I'm curious, have you spent any time in the Chicago area and if so was it long enough to really appreciate it?
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    I'm curious, have you spent any time in the Chicago area and if so was it long enough to really appreciate it?
    I have been to Great Lakes, but only for Navy boot camp. I didn't even get to go into Chicago the whole 5 months I was there :(
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Then I don't think that you gave it a fair shake-huh? Really it is nice.

For example, many people LOVE New York City, I've been the on business and a short vacation and there were things I really didn't like. But I'm sure many parts of N Y. are beautiful and very nice.

Give Chicago a chance come visit the area and yes each season is dramatically expressed.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Stringer, I'm in one of Chicago's western suburbs (Lombard). Whereabouts are you?
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer
    Then I don't think that you gave it a fair shake-huh? Really it is nice.

For example, many people LOVE New York City, I've been the on business and a short vacation and there were things I really didn't like. But I'm sure many parts of N Y. are beautiful and very nice.

Give Chicago a chance come visit the area and yes each season is dramatically expressed.
    I would love to visit Chicago. It seems like a really fun place. I wish I was allowed to go off base while I was in the area :(
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    If anything, curlyben will move this to the Politics board. I shouldn't have asked the question.

start, how did you get from Nebraska to Alaska (sounds like a song)?
    Like Steve Martin singing, "King Tut...born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia, King Tut..."
    Sorry, I can't carry a note...

I was born in Washington state, I first moved to Alaska when I was 3, moved around Alaska till after HS then Miss, Tx, Ca, back to Ak, Colo, NH, Florida now...
    But, I have driven from Ca to Ak, Colo to NH, Fla to Ca, NH to Fla. When I lived in Colo I drove semi's all over, Ut, OK, Wyo, Neb & Ka

http://www.world66.com/myworld66/vis...SCTXUTVTVAWAWY

Here's a fun link to play with (disregard the comments at the bottom)... :
    Visited States
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Stringer, I grew up in western NY. One autumn, we took a vacation around the perimeter of the state. We visited the southern Adirondacks, stopped at Fort Ticonderoga and drove down along the Hudson (beautiful and such history!), went into the Catskills and saw covered bridges, drove west along the Southern Tier, skipped through the Finger Lakes, visited Niagara Falls before heading home to the Rochester area. New York State is gorgeous!
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 11:49 AM
    I was always going to be a truck driver. That is too cool. My dad and I were going to run away from everyone and everything and just drive, make some money and do what ever to survive. Funny how things just don't work out! LOL
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 11:51 AM
    That is a neat link Captain Rich! Thanks! :p
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 11:59 AM
    You, really cool.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 12:32 PM
    And countries:

http://www.world66.com/community/mym...USMXJPKRTHVNGU

US obviously, and Canada, Mexico, Viet Nam and Thialand, Japan and S Korea and Guam (tho it's not much of a country :rolleyes: )
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    And countries:

http://www.world66.com/community/mym...USMXJPKRTHVNGU

US obviously, and Canada, Mexico, Viet Nam and Thialand, Japan and S Korea and Guam (tho it's not much of a country :rolleyes: )
    You're lucky! I've only been to the US (duh! Lol) and Mexico.. I'd love to go overseas, mainly to Italy and Greece. :p
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    You're lucky! I've only been to the US (duh! lol) and Mexico..i'd love to go overseas, mainly to Italy and Greece. :p
    I've always wanted to go to Europe, esp Italy and Greece.

But first, I'd like to go to England and Scotland.
    I want to visit the Cheddar Man caves and ride the Falkirk Wheel once.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Born in you.S With diplomatic parents [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if there is someone with similar issue or if any body can help. I was born in NY and my dad was a diplomat. Under the 14th amendment all people born on U.S soil have the right to citizenship. Except children of foreign diplomats. I currently live abroad and would like...

Why are we born ? [ 63 Answers ]

What is the purpose of our life ? To enjoy ? To suffer ?

Looking for son born 2/24/1965 [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for my son who was born Feb 24, 1965 at Tampa Bay General Hospital.

Looking for brother born 7/2/47 [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for my half brother who was born in Michigan on July 2 1947. I was wondering is it possible to get a list of male's born on that date who live in and out of Michigan. And is there a way to find spouses and family. Thank you Connie

View more questions Search