Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2012, 06:44 PM
    You have some great advice, The other parent merely files in court for full custody, both legal and physcial, you do not fight this in court.

Your rights are not taken away, you just don't ask for them and don't use them.

After that you pay your child support and don't bother other parent.

You can not sign over your rights or give them up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get sole legal custody of my child? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to obtain sole legal custody of my daughter in order to get her passport renewed as my ex-husband lives in England and is too sick to be able to do the required documentation. He will not challenge the process but I need to know where to start.

Sole legal and sole physical custody rights? [ 8 Answers ]

I was granted sole legal and sole physical custody over my son and my ex husband was granted reasonable and seasonable visitation... what exactly does that mean? There is no actual written visitation schedule in our paperwork. I have followed the norm of every other weekend with some holidays,...

Can I get sole legal custody ? [ 1 Answers ]

Well, I have my two daughter that live with me full time, and I live in scranton pa and their mother live in hamburg pa which is 2 hours away from me. Their mother doesn't come to any teacher meeting, dr appointment, sometime doesn't even call her kids. We share join custody, which she gets them...

Sole legal custody and primary physical custody? [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter has sole legal custody and primary physical custody of her son in the state of Az. And that is exactly how it is stated in the divorce decree. Does she need permission from the father to travel out of the country on vacation or does she just need to tell him?

Moving out of state with sole legal and sole physical custody (California) [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently residing in California and currently have sole legal and physical custody of my ex's and I's 2 children. He, unfortunately, and not to bash, is a very bad alcoholic and even going to court this month for drunk in public and disorderly conduct (again). My current husband and I are...

View more questions Search