Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 04:14 PM
    savedsinner7,
    If so then answer me this.
    How could Satan rebel against God IF he did not have free will?
    It appears to me that without free will he could not have gone against God's will.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Feb 8, 2009, 05:45 PM

See post #19.

I cannot convince you if you refuse to believe.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    savedsinner7,
    If so then answer me this.
    How could Satan rebel against God IF he did not have free will?
    It appears to me that without free will he could not have gone against God's will.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fred,

Rather than just telling everyone they are wrong in your opinion, why not show us the scriptural validation for your claim that Satan can repent?
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Tj3.
    Please get this straight .
    I am NOT telling anyone they are wrong. PLEASE Quit twisting my words. I have asked you that several times before.
    I do not KNOW if Satan can repent.
    I just think he can because he has free will.
    All of God's children have free will as far as I can tell.
    If Satan did not have free will he could not have rebelled against God and fell from heaven like a bolt of lightning as Jesus told us.
    Luke 10:18. He said to them, "I watched Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 07:38 PM
    I do not KNOW if Satan can repent.
    I just think he can because he has free will.
    Okay good, this was all you had to say - it is your opinion that Satan can repent. Now, do you have any scriptural validation for your belief that he can repent?

All of God's children have free will as far as I can tell.
    First, where does scripture say that demons are God's children?

Second, even for humans, scripture says that no one can come to Jesus unless they are first drawn by the Father:

John 6:43-44
    44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
    NKJV

Since humans cannot come to the father unless they are drawn, why do you believe that demons have the free will to come on their own? Or do you have scriptural basis for believing that God draws the demons to Him, and if so, why would He do so if they cannot be saved?
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 09:47 PM
    Tj3,
    What demons?
    As far as I know they are fallen angels just like Satan their leader.
    You can not seem to grasp the difference between repentance and forgiveness.
    People who do not know of Jesus can repent of their sins.
    Atheists can repent of their sins and have done so.
    They are not drawn to Jesus by the Father.
    They do it on their own as their conscience tells them..
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 10:40 PM
    You can not seem to grasp the difference between repentance and forgiveness.
    We dealt with that previously. Let me repeat what I said in post #17:

Then this is a purely an academic exercise, because scripture also says that the heart of man is continually (or always evil) (Gen 6:5), and thus without the work of the Holy Spirit (John 6:44), we would not repent either. Satan does not have the work of the Holy Spirit working to restore Him. If the heart of man is evil continually, then how much more evil is Satan, the source of the rebellion and hatred against God. Without a work of God, how would repentance be possible, if it requires God's work on us to repent?

It was also dealt with by others, for example:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/christ...ml#post1536074

Now without making demeaning comments about your opinions of others, can you answer the questions?

First, where does scripture say that demons are God's children?

Second, even for humans, scripture says that no one can come to Jesus unless they are first drawn by the Father:

44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
    NKJV

Since humans cannot come to the father unless they are drawn, why do you believe that demons have the free will to come on their own? Or do you have scriptural basis for believing that God draws the demons to Him, and if so, why would He do so if they cannot be saved?
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 11:05 PM
    Tj3,
    What demening remarks?
    I merely stated that it appears that you can not grasp what I've been trying to say.
    Nowhere have I never stated that I know of scripture saying that demons are god's children but he is the creator of all that is seen and unseen.
    Most people that I know of believe that demons are fallen angels.
    Where did I say that Satan was drawn to Jesus by the father or anyone else?
    I did not!!
    We are talking about can Satan repent. I have said several times that I believed that he could because he gas free will, nothing else.
    I never said that anyone was wrong to believe otherwise. You should know by now that I believe others can believe as they want to.
    I never inferred that Satan can come to Jesus for forgiveness.
    In case you are not aware a person with free will can do what he wants to do.
    He does not need you or I or anyone else to make up his intents for him.
    Satan used his free will to cause a rebellion against God.
    To me that shows the he has free will.
    I did not ever say that Satan repented.
    If fact I doubt that he ever did.
    God is love. Is it possible that Satan may some day in some way HOPE that God may forgive him if he repents?
    Probably not, but hope does things like that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 11:13 PM
    Tj3,
    What demening remarks?
    I merely stated that it appears that you can not grasp what I've been trying to say.
    Fred, we all grasp what you are saying and now I am asking some clarifying questions.

Nowhere have I never stated that I know of scripture saying that demons are god's children but he is the creator of all that is seen and unseen.
    Good - we agree that there is absolutely nothing to suggest that demons are God's children.
    Most people that I know of believe that demons are fallen angels.
    I agree.

Where did I say that Satan was drawn to Jesus by the father or anyone else?
    I have stated it a couple of times, but let me repeat it again since it appears that you did not read what I said:

Even for humans, scripture says that no one can come to Jesus unless they are first drawn by the Father:

NKJV

I never said that anyone was wrong to believe otherwise. You should know by now that I believe others can believe as they want to.
    :p :p :p :p :p :p
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 8, 2009, 11:41 PM
    >Thread Closed<

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What power do we have to repent? [ 9 Answers ]

Have you experienced power over sin? Were you able to repent? Give us some details.

"Repent and be baptized [ 8 Answers ]

Acts 2:38 Peter said, "Repent and be baptized, everyone of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." Just wondering what this verse means to you?

Was Satan the first freethinker? [ 7 Answers ]

He makes the Adams and Eves ashamed of their bestial ignorance and obedience; he emancipates them, stamps upon their mind the seal of liberty and humanity, in urging them to disobey and eat of the fruit of knowledge. Offers them freedom from the most jealous, the most vain, the most ferocious, the...

Satan [ 6 Answers ]

When God created angels I understand that Lucifer (Satan) had a different name. Does anyone know that name?

Forward this message or you'll repent [ 5 Answers ]

Lately, I have been receiving mails saying if I don't pass that mail someone's kid is going to die or something bad will happen. I know for sure that that is all bull**** but why do they send such E-Mails. Is this some sort of advertisement program or what?

View more questions Search