Ask
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 09:29 AM
    Safe travels Stringer. Enjoy.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2011, 09:32 AM

See you later Stringer :) Have a good trip!

EDIT: woops, hello Sunny! I'm not here long though. House is starting. Back in about a half hour :)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 09:41 AM

Safe trip stringer, have fun :)
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    OH thats ok Stringer I was picking. I dont mind the weather good or bad. I have a thing for nature no matter what it is.

I was quite excited to get a bag of deer corn, a salt lick and some other apple lick to put out for my birthday. Not normal gifts but thats what I wanted. Sitting in my house in the kitchen or living room I have the most beautiful view of this field surrounded by trees. We see deer in there often. I am going to try and lure them a bit closer. Nothing better then that nature right there.
    That sounds so pretty. We get the occasional deer, even more occasional bear, and not so occasional mountain lion. I wish it were just the deer. I have about 3 feet of snow in my yard now. It's so pretty. We are expecting more snow towards the end of the week.

I'm still pretty busy. I got in at 5 a.m. this morning, so I figured it was time (now 9:15) for a coffee break and a little light reading - meaning I'll stay off the other threads. :o It will be like this until April 18.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2011, 10:49 AM

I don't even need to put anything out to attract deer... any evening or morning you can see several wandering looking for food... and I'm not anywhere near the real woods.

I'm not putting anything out to not concentrate their numbers even more because of ticks and Lyme disease they carry.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 11:37 AM

Safe travels Stringer.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2011, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    That sounds so pretty. We get the occasional deer, even more occasional bear, and not so occasional mountain lion. I wish it were just the deer. I have about 3 feet of snow in my yard now. It's so pretty. We are expecting more snow towards the end of the week.

I'm still pretty busy. I got in at 5 a.m. this morning, so I figured it was time (now 9:15) for a coffee break and a little light reading - meaning I'll stay off the other threads. :o It will be like this until April 18.
    Mountain Lion? Gosh I freak when I see a cute little red fox. Cute but makes me nervous when the kids are out.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I don't even need to put anything out to attract deer.....any evening or morning you can see several wandering looking for food....and I'm not anywhere near the real woods.

I'm not putting anything out to not concentrate their numbers even more because of ticks and Lyme disease they carry.
    I used to get them a lot in my field. But for some reason the past couple years they have dwindled. At one time the deer population was so bad in my county they extended the hunting season to help it. Sad in a way. I was wondering if that food would attract anything else though. Any idea smoothy?
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2011, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    Mountain Lion? Gosh I freak when I see a cute little red fox. Cute but makes me nervous when the kids are out.

I used to get them alot in my field. But for some reason the past couple years they have dwindled. At one time the deer population was so bad in my county they extended the hunting season to help it. Sad in a way. I was wondering if that food would attract anything else though. Any idea smoothy?
    Rats... strays... whatever wildlife might eat that stuff. Hard to say without knowing that area.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 08:14 PM

I had 8 Coyotes in the field across from my house the other day. They were beautiful. Pretty big ones too. I think they had found breakfast there.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2011, 09:33 AM

Good Morning!
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2011, 09:54 AM

Evening adam
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2011, 12:32 PM

Well, I was late on catching you but how are you Bear?
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2011, 03:30 PM

Don't worry about it mate, I only just remembered to check back and see if you left a reply.

Yeah I'm kind of spaced :(

How about you?
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2011, 07:35 AM

Well, an even later reply, I'm good, just spacing too.
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2011, 04:06 PM

Check this one for a late reply :D

Hope things were better today :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2011, 05:12 AM

Well Bear, I guess it is just going to me me and you chatting back and forth from morning to night.
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2011, 06:10 AM

Midday to night, I don't do mornings :D
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2011, 09:05 AM

Haha, I guess my morning. But It is midday here now and I am still late.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2011, 06:27 AM

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Six inches so far and coming down fast. I'm at work already, so at least I won't have to deal with the other drivers.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2011, 06:55 AM

Thank goodness its only rain for us right now. I've had enough snow for the year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated alice in wonderland [ 6 Answers ]

I want to find an animated version of alice in wonderland. I used two have a vhs tape of it and I'm not sure what happened to it. I think it's from the 90s but it might be 80s I'm not sure. I'm also not sure what company it's by. I think the theme song went something like "alice if only we knew...

Alice and wonderland [ 1 Answers ]

I just went and saw the new alice and wonderland directed by tim burton with johnney depp in it. Does anyone happen to know the name of the dance the mad hatter did at the end??

Weird alice in wonderland movie. [ 2 Answers ]

Years ago I was watching the news and there was a small documentary about movies which were nominated/seen at a foreign festival. All the movies were interpretations of alice in wonderland by lewis carroll. One movie really freaked me out. It was a black & white adaptation of AIW, where alice walks...

Alice in wonderland [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of alice's cat in alic in wonderland?

View more questions Search