Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Here's one that I latched onto when I was a teenager and really liked. :)

There are a number of variations for it. I have no idea where it originated.

Do not walk in front of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend.

Do not walk in front of me, I may not follow; do not walk behind me, I don't lead, walk beside me and be my friend.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow
    Don't walk behind me, I may not lead
    Just walk beside me and be my friend
    Together we will walk along in harmony.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Yes, that is absolutely beautiful. And so prolific... thank you so much for adding it!
    mrssittingduck Posts: 151, Reputation: 24

Mar 22, 2008, 07:13 AM
    I go by the saying that

"the only stupid questions are the ones that never get asked"

I am an administrator on a bird website with members from all over the world,
    However when first joiining the people that don't have much experience of birds are always to afraid to ask questions as they think of them as stupid or they don't want to be seen to ask a stupid obvious question,

In my opinion an answer is only obvious if the person knows the information, to somebody who wants help and doesn't know, if they don't ask they never will know,

I always tell them that no matter how big or small or how stupid a question may seem to them, that the only stupid questions are the ones that never get asked...

If you don't ask you don't get the answer and it is better to ask a question than not know the answer.. and may cause something to go wrong,

I will answer any question I know the answer to and encourage anybody else to do the same, as what seems stupid to one person is quite often not...
    If you want to know something and do not ask the question then in my eyes , it is stupid not to ask for help or guidance in order to solve the problem,
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Watched The Little Black Book this weekend... love that movie. :)

Stacy: I believe we write our own stories. And each time we think we know the end - we don't. Perhaps luck exists somewhere between the world of planning, the world of chance, and in peace that comes from knowing that you just can't know it all. You know, life's funny that way. Once you let go of the wheel, you might end up right where you belong.
    in a state Posts: 80, Reputation: 12

Mar 27, 2008, 04:11 AM
    You must weed your mind as you would weed your garden. ~Astrid Alauda

Beware the fury of a patient man. ~John Dryden, Absolam and Achitophel, 1680

The ear tends to be lazy, craves the familiar, and is shocked by the unexpected: the eye, on the other hand, tends to be impatient, craves the novel and is bored by repetition. ~W.H. Auden, The Dyer's Hand
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Today I'm quoting The Mummy - one of my all-time favorite movies... not actually sure WHY these quotes were in my head today... but for what its worth! :)

Dr. Bey: [stutters in disbelief] Oh look at this! Sons of the pharaohs! Give me frogs! Flies, locusts! Anything but you. Compared to you the other plagues were a joy!
    Evelyn: I am so very sorry it was an accident.
    Dr. Bey: My darling girl, when Ramses destroyed Syria, that was an accident. You are a catastrophe!
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Evelyn: Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am.
    Rick: And what is that?
    Evelyn: I... am a librarian. (In my case... "I.... am a Historian")
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Mar 27, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Every step you take, takes you into the future. But you are the one who decides in which direction you walk.
    - Me
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Mar 27, 2008, 01:55 PM
    ^^ you said it and so shall it be. Lol it just came to me while I was walking lol.
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2008, 01:58 PM
    :) Its looks perfect :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 09:08 AM
    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

The best place to be when you're sad is Grandpa's lap. ~Author Unknown

The history of our grandparents is remembered not with rose petals but in the laughter and tears of their children and their children's children. It is into us that the lives of grandparents have gone. It is in us that their history becomes a future. ~Charles and Ann Morse
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Many a true word said in a joke.

** My mother-in-law** :)
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Mar 28, 2008, 09:16 AM
    When to the sessions of sweet silent thought I summon up remembrance of things past, I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought, And with old woes new wail my dear time's waste: Then can I drown an eye, unused to flow, For precious friends hid in death's dateless night, And weep afresh love's long since cancell'd woe, And moan the expense of many a vanish'd sight: Then can I grieve at grievances foregone, And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er The sad account of fore-bemoaned moan, Which I new pay as if not paid before. But if the while I think on thee, dear friend, All losses are restored and sorrows end.”

P.S. Forgive me if I misquoted shakesphere..
    William shakesphere
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Mar 28, 2008, 09:28 AM
    Interpratation of the quote above.

When in these sessions of gratifying silent thought, I think of the past, lament my failure to achieve all that I wanted, And I sorrowfully remember that I wasted the best years of my life:Then I can cry, although I am not used to crying,For dear friends now hid in death's unending night,And cry again over woes that were long since healedAnd lament the loss of many things that I have seen and loved:Then can I grieve over past griefs again,And sadly repeat (to myself) my woes. The sorrowful account of griefs already grieved for which (the account) I repay as if I had not paid before.But if I think of you while I am in this state of sadness, dear friend All my losses are compensated for and my sorrow ends.

http://www.shakespeare-online.com/sonnets/30detail.html
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jolienoire
    interpretation of the quote above.

When in these sessions of gratifying silent thought, I think of the past, lament my failure to achieve all that I wanted, And I sorrowfully remember that I wasted the best years of my life:Then I can cry, although I am not used to crying,For dear friends now hid in death's unending night,And cry again over woes that were long since healedAnd lament the loss of many things that I have seen and loved:Then can I grieve over past griefs again,And sadly repeat (to myself) my woes. The sorrowful account of griefs already grieved for which (the account) I repay as if I had not paid before.But if I think of you while I am in this state of sadness, dear friend All my losses are compensated for and my sorrow ends.
    Beautiful...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...-me-188081.htm

This is something I wrote... similar to your interpretation... and may give you some comfort.
    banditsmom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 03:56 PM
    An angry dragon may eat you, but an angry woman is truly dangerous. Unknown
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 07:27 AM
    From the one and only.....Mother Teresa....

THE TREE OF SELF DEFEAT

In the branches: * Emptiness, Alienation, Apathy, Interpersonl Conflicts, Crime, Dependendcy, Alcholism, Drug Addiction

In the roots: * Fear, Insecurity, Resentment, Jelousy, Mistrust, Hostility, Guilt, Self-pity

THE TREE OF SELF-REALIZATION

In the branches: *Purposefulness, Health, Joy, Self-Motivation, Contentment, Acceptance,
    Fullfillment, Creativity

In the roots: *Charity, Frienship, Forgiveness, Love, Gratitutde, , Kindenss, Warmth, Trust

Name:  tree.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  3.3 KB
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 07:41 AM
    If sometimes you feel yourself little, useless, offended and depressed, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions.
    theguywithnolife Posts: 82, Reputation: 10

Mar 30, 2008, 03:41 PM
    "People think I've stopped lieing, I've just gotten better"-All-American Rejects

"The greatest thing about man is his ability to transcend himself, his ancestry and hisenvironment and to become what he dreams of being."- Tully C. Knoles

"I came up with a little formula; If you write songs about girls you get girls at show. We write a lot of songs about girls."- Tom Delonge

"If I was a thief, I'd only sneak into peoples houses and steal their underwear:- Tom Delonge

"because you don't know us at all we laugh when old people fall but what would you expect with a conscience so small heavy metal, and mullets is how we were raised Maiden and priest were the gods that we praised"-Sum 41

"If you really want something in this world, hard work, patience and time will go far. Giving up is not an option"-Unknown
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 07:42 PM
    "To have your Rainbow you must first put up with the Rain"
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by theguywithnolife

"I came up with a little formula; If you write songs about girls you get girls at show. We write a lot of songs about girls."- Tom Delonge
    LOL... love it :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has technology influenced our customs and ethics? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not very clear about whether technology has changed our customs or ethics. If so, please present some examples. Thanks.

Need Quotes [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to make some cute christmas gifts by having shirts made from an online site, but I'm stumped on what to put on them. On mine the front will say, Because... And the back will say, I'm the Bride and That's Why I'm looking for one of the mother of the bride (my mom) thought about...

? About quotes [ 8 Answers ]

Hi , I am new to the new construction cleaning business and want to know if anyone can tell me if when the quote for a job by sq footage , is the garage included, or should be included/? Doing a job now and his quote did not add garage which is an extra 800sq ft. this doesn't seem right , that he...

View more questions Search