Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2013, 03:47 PM
    I don't disagree except you are wrong about Iraq . After VI Day we had an agreement with a duly elected Iraqi government that was not perfect ;but on it's way to power sharing . After we left our security commitments on the table and decided to cut and run ,the current adm had little choice but to court Tehran for protection.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2013, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I don't disagree except you are wrong about Iraq . After VI Day we had an agreement with a duly elected Iraqi government that was not perfect ;but on it's way to power sharing . After we left our security commitments on the table and decided to cut and run ,the current adm had little choice but to court Tehran for protection.
    More B/S it was obvious that the shiites would reach out to Iran and that was probable in any event, all you did in Iraq was to disturb the balance of power in the ME. You needed Saddam even though he was an embarrassment to keep Iran in check, You gave them Iraq on a platter and embolden them. You were just Saudi lackeys in Iraq and you can't see it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2013, 07:33 PM
    I stand by what I wrote above . We will never know how things would've worked out if we didn't cut and run. I'll tell you one thing that would be different though .Iran would not be using Iraq as a land route to supply Assad with weapons and Qod forces . I'll tell you something else. There would not be an al Nusra Front in Syria infiltrating into the country from Iraq because by 2008 AQ was defeated in Iraq .
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2013, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    More B/S it was obvious that the shiites would reach out to Iran and that was probable in any event, all you did in Iraq was to disturb the balance of power in the ME. You needed Saddam even though he was an embarrassment to keep Iran in check, You gave them Iraq on a platter and embolden them. You were just Saudi lackeys in Iraq and you can't see it.
    OK how about explaining how us going into Iraq was handing the country over to Iran while at the same time we were being lackeys for the Saudis . You contradicted yourself in one paragraph.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2013, 07:45 PM
    by 2008 AQ was defeated in Iraq .
    AQ isn't defeatable. It's a stateless, multinational movement and operates like the Energizer bunny.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2013, 07:53 PM
    It was defeated in Iraq and yes it is defeatable .By 2008 there was no safe haven for AQ in Iraq. All we needed to do to maintain that status was to keep the security arrangement we had with the elected government in place.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2013, 07:55 PM
    All we needed to do to maintain that status was to keep the security arrangement we had with the elected government in place.
    "elected government"

And that could have been done how?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 7, 2013, 08:00 PM
    LOL, a small contingent of 20,000 troops were going to stop Iranians from running through Iraq to Syria?? REALLY!! Marines are good, but not that good. The deal breaker was our guys had to be subject to the Iraqi authority.

So it wasn't cut and run, it was No Way!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2013, 02:09 AM
    The Obots blew the negotiations.

Yes elected government.. in fact there were 2 successful elections before the emperor's reign. There was power sharing arrangements ,and although the Shia obviously dominated the government , both the Kurd and the Sunnis were represented and had officials appointed and elected at the highest levels of the government.

But now we have a resurgent AQ in Iraq again trying to foment civil war there ,brutalizing the Sunni areas they occupy ;and sending jihadists across the border to fight in Syria.They call themselves al Nusra front . The Obots call them allies.
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2013, 02:29 AM
    ok how about explaining how us going into Iraq was handing the country over to Iran while at the same time we were being lackeys for the Saudis . You contradicted yourself in one paragraph.
    You were being lackeys by fighting a Saudi war, they feared Saddam, by defeating him you removed the barrier to shiite ascendency in Iraq and obviously Iranian influence. You just don't understand that other nations have entirely different agendas to you
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2013, 02:30 AM
    the Obots blew the negotiations.

yes elected government ..in fact there were 2 successful elections before the emperor's reign. There was power sharing arrangements ,and although the Shia obviously dominated the government , both the Kurd and the Sunnis were represented and had officials appointed and elected at the highest levels of the government.

But now we have a resurgent AQ in Iraq again trying to foment civil war there ,brutalizing the Sunni areas they occupy ;and sending jihadists across the border to fight in Syria.They call themselves al Nusra front . The Obots call them allies.
    All you are proving is you don't know your arse from your apex
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2013, 07:17 AM
    All I know is the people making the decisions on this are busy playing video poker and golf.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2013, 06:33 AM
    Well you might be right the whole thing seems like a plot from a video game
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 06:35 AM
    And we STILL haven't heard how John Kerry got out of his one year tour of duty in Vietnam after only 4 months.

And after his anti-war rants after that... why should anyone believe a word he has to say about anything.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2013, 06:41 AM
    But he wants to make amends by leading the country to war from the safety of the White House
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    but he wants to make amends by leading the country to war from the safety of the White House
    Didn't work so well for Obama... and its not going ot work for him either.

Every time someone in the Obama administration opens their mouth about something... they make something worse than it was.

After all... Obama isn't qualified to do much of anything.. except write fiction books... and everyone in his administration thus far has been even less qualified than he is.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2013, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    And we STILL haven't heard how John Kerry got out of his one year tour of duty in Vietnam after only 4 months.

And after his anti-war rants after that....why should anyone belive a word he has to say about anything.
    Kerry threw down the gauntlet... "hand over all your weapons" or face an "unbelievably small" attack... you have one week to comply .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 07:30 AM
    Hello tom:
    "hand over all your weapons" or face an "unbelievably small" attack... you have one week to comply .
    Because it's a teeny, tiny, limited strike, NOT designed to DO anything, is the reason I'm against it..

They oughta send a Tomahawk into Assad's bedroom, and then DESTROY his air force...

Excon
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello tom:
    Because it's a teeny, tiny, limited strike, NOT designed to DO anything, is the reason I'm against it..

They oughta send a Tomahawk into Assad's bedroom, and then DESTROY his air force...

excon
    Then the Hammas, Al Queada or Iran backed rebels will take over the country... a fate far worse than Assad for everyone.

Like I've said... there is no good solution here... only worse ones.
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 08:03 AM
    Kerry threw down the gauntlet .... "hand over all your weapons" or face an "unbelievably small" attack...you have one week to comply .
    Coming from that coward... I bet they are laughing right now...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I caused havoc! [ 7 Answers ]

I'm jules I'm 16 and a month ago I was asked out by a guy I had already dated two times before. He had been very sweet in asking me out and said he loved me and stuff and that he had changed over the summer and is more mature (lol). Since we have similar Christian values and love horses I said yes....

Havoc soundtrack [ 0 Answers ]

When the girls first go to a party,there's a spanish song playing. What's it called?

My dogs poop looks like grits or grain is in it, and its loose what could cause this? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husand got a new GSD (7 weeks) and we started him out on Iams puppy food, he has had loose stools ever since we got him, he got treated for hookworms and also tapeworms but yet still has the problem. His poop looks like it has grits in it or either grains, it is sometimes formed but also...

Can spider bites make dogs loose bladder control? [ 3 Answers ]

We recently moved to Idaho with our Old English Sheepdog ( Arthur ) we have seen black widow and wolf spiders around the outside of the house and had them sprayed but Arthur has become lethargic and last night and this morning has wet himself. This has never happened before, could he have been...

What can you do about a 16 year old is causing havoc? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm single dad w/3kids since 2000. The mother is a bi-polar & acute alcoholic. She has not lived up to her visitation schedule in over 2 years. She has a history of canceling visitation at the last minute or not showing up and her excuses are always suspicious. My 18 yr old son is doing okay but...

View more questions Search