Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 6, 2020, 12:04 PM
    I asked this once and you did not reply, so I'll ask it again in hope that you will. When you read this, what possible alternative meaning can you get from it other than the whole story of the life of Jesus was about changing the politics of his day. Please reply this time, or stop with the silly remarks. "Jesus himself was bucking the system and his whole story (primary purpose J.L.) is about changing the politics of his day." What other possible meaning can you get from "whole story"?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2020, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I asked this once and you did not reply, so I'll ask it again in hope that you will. When you read this, what possible alternative meaning can you get from it other than the whole story of the life of Jesus was about changing the politics of his day. Please reply this time, or stop with the silly remarks. "Jesus himself was bucking the system and his whole story is about changing the politics of his day."
    You tawkin' to me, Willis? Tal said that, then softened it, for YOUR better understanding, with "I suspect bucking the system was an unintended consequence of doing what he was here to do."
    Uber Member

May 6, 2020, 12:12 PM
    That was not the statement I was referring to and you know that, nor was it the statement you were referring to when you said I "misquoted" him. So I guess that somehow makes my characterization of his statement wrong? Got it. Refer to the three amigos comment above.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2020, 12:16 PM
    That was not the statement I was referring to and you know that, nor was it the statement you were referring to when you said I "misquoted" him. So I guess that somehow makes my characterization of his statement wrong? Got it. Refer to the three amigos comment above.
    I have no idea what you're talking about, what you want to hear.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 6, 2020, 12:17 PM
    You take every thing so literally, as some do, and never give an inch to nuance do you. That's okay, nitpick where you please I can always make it your fault. 8D Then I guess you never have to admit you're wrong. I'll do it for you with help from my friends.

Seriously though ancient Jews were playing politics before Jesus was born, as a matter of survival and cooperation in many cases, being occupied by foreign armies what choice did they have not to mention among themselves. Obviously when Jesus came along he had no intention of playing politics with them, their way, and therein lies the conflict. I do believe the ancient Jewish hierarchy was more afraid of the Romans than one man, but it takes courage to buck the system, political or otherwise.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2020, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I do believe the ancient Jewish hierarchy was more afraid of the Romans than one man, but it takes courage to buck the system, political or otherwise.
    From https://www.differentspirit.org/post...ject-jesus.php --

"At the time of Jesus, the Jews were under the heel of the Roman Empire. Their nation was occupied and they were waiting for a leader to arise to rescue them. They were focused on the hope of a Conquering King – so much so that many overlooked the prophecies of a Suffering Servant."

Plus, the Jews feared Jesus was trying to abolish their beloved rituals and OT law.
    Uber Member

May 6, 2020, 01:10 PM
    I have no idea what you're talking about, what you want to hear.
    As expected.

You take every thing so literally, as some do, and never give an inch to nuance do you. That's okay, nitpick where you please I can always make it your fault. 8D Then I guess you never have to admit you're wrong. I'll do it for you with help from my friends.
    It's always the other guy's fault. This time you're mad because I actually took your statement at face value. I guess from now on I'll just imagine it to mean whatever I want.

Seriously though ancient Jews were playing politics before Jesus was born, as a matter of survival and cooperation in many cases, being occupied by foreign armies what choice did they have not to mention among themselves. Obviously when Jesus came along he had no intention of playing politics with them, their way, and therein lies the conflict. I do believe the ancient Jewish hierarchy was more afraid of the Romans than one man, but it takes courage to buck the system, political or otherwise.
    Fair enough.
    Expert

May 6, 2020, 01:16 PM
    2. I always figured you took things the way you wanted anyway, but I ain't mad about it...you just missed the big grins embedded in the post. That makes you wrong AGAIN but who's counting?

8D 8D 8D!!!
    Uber Member

May 6, 2020, 01:22 PM
    you just missed the big grins
    You mean the ONE big grin?

Funny how you say I "took things the way" I wanted to, but then you get aggravated at me for being literal. Well, you can't have it both ways. Do you want a literal reading, or do you want me to just take things the way I want to?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2020, 07:06 PM
    It's always the other guy's fault.
    This has become your mantra whenever you run out of cogent things to say which is your usual state of affairs.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2020, 08:33 PM
    As expected.

It's always the other guy's fault.
    well it couldn't be your fault, could it, afterall you are perfect
    Uber Member

May 7, 2020, 04:08 AM
    This has become your mantra whenever you run out of cogent things to say which is your usual state of affairs.
    Thank you for that confirmation. Always someone else at fault. Never you.
    Uber Member

May 7, 2020, 04:57 AM
    Bad news, Tal, and more likely coming.

"EXCLUSIVE: Transcripts of House Intelligence Committee interviews that have been cleared for release show top law enforcement and intelligence officials affirming they had no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the 2016 election, senior administration and intelligence community officials told Fox News on Wednesday.This would align with the results of former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation — which found no evidence of illegal or criminal coordination between President Trump, the Trump campaign and Russia in 2016 — but the numerous transcribed interviews could raise further questions about committee Chairman Adam Schiff’s past statements saying that there was “direct evidence” of collusion."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rus...c-mode-sources
    Expert

May 7, 2020, 05:45 AM
    Don't know why this would be bad news unless you want to gloat over Schiff not having direct evidence of collussion. We knew that already and we also know why that is, so what's your point?
    Uber Member

May 7, 2020, 06:46 AM
    Wait and see. Might amount to nothing, but the potential for exposing a number of violations of law appears to be significant.
    Expert

May 7, 2020, 07:07 AM
    I seriously doubt that since whatever violations and wrong doing have been effectively swept under the rug by the repub senate during the dufus impeachment. The dufus has since fired his "enemies" and anybody who isn't a loyal sycophant and made a complete debacle of the virus reponce both from a health perspective and an economical one.

That's why I ask what your point was.
    Uber Member

May 7, 2020, 07:33 AM
    My point? You can start here. " the numerous transcribed interviews could raise further questions about committee Chairman Adam Schiff’s past statements saying that there was “direct evidence” of collusion." Where is that "direct evidence" Schiff said they had when, in fact, it seems they had none? You can't claim that was swept under the rug by the repubs when Schiff was claiming he had it even before the hearings started. So where is it???
    Expert

May 7, 2020, 08:28 AM
    I've said all I have to say on the subject and until we get something new and concrete you can speculate all you want about it. Anything to not talk about the current dufus debacle happening everyday. In our other thread on this forum you are bring back the morality of abortion in comparison to the corona deaths so you sound pretty desperate to change the subject to blast the dems/liberals/left while you guys fumble and bumble over what to do about this health crisis.

I'd rather see the lists of how trillions were spent by banks and Mnuchin that was future taxpayer money if you don't mind.
    Uber Member

May 7, 2020, 09:34 AM
    you are bring back the morality of abortion in comparison to the corona deaths so you sound pretty desperate to change the subject to blast the dems/liberals/left while you guys fumble and bumble over what to do about this health crisis.
    I have to bring it up since the moral left on this board absolutely refuses to do so. They just don't care.

I'd rather see the lists of how trillions were spent by banks and Mnuchin that was future taxpayer money if you don't mind.
    Aren't you the one always telling me that we can't value lives over money???
    Expert

May 7, 2020, 10:50 AM
    1. I get it's your pet peeve, and speaking just for me, not mine. It's not like I don't care, certainly not as loudly as you do, but my approach is just much different. Obviously not to your liking. I would prefer all females and males verify pregnancy early, and consult with a doctor for options. After that individuals can make their own decisions.

2. How is asking the question valuing money over people? Fiscal responsibility, and accountability goes to helping more people faster don't you thing? What we can't talk about people and money at the same time or what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Please convert "Evolution", "Transformation", "Phoenix" in Sanskrit [ 0 Answers ]

Please convert 1. "Evolution", 2."Transformation", 3."Phoenix" in Sanskrit God bless - this will be used for a tattoo

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

View more questions Search