Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2020, 11:54 AM
    tomder55: Wow! Pretty awesome thought there! Bloomberg is an overbearing arsehole....and I don't know him personally...but it seeps from his persona: Kind of person you could be around and then want to hurry home and immediately take a shower.

Oh, and believe me: He wasn't doing any of that soft drink or straw stuff for "the public good": You can bet the bastard had some kind of monetary link to those initiatives.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 2, 2020, 03:56 PM
    He has bounced from right to left with his eccentric policies, but he's really rich, so he can do whatever he wants just as the dufus does, so why is that such a big deal with Bloomy? I guess it comes down to if he is your favorite rich guy bully and who he bullies along the way.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2020, 04:06 PM
    The big question tomorrow is does he even get a delegate ? Styer spent $200 million before he gave up and he is going to spend as much again trying to turn the Senate .
    Expert

Mar 2, 2020, 04:18 PM
    Khlobushar just dropped out of the race. The winnowing continues

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/newsi...cid=spartanntp
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2020, 04:43 PM
    yes quite a coincidence the days before Super Tuesday . I see the invisible hand of the emperor in this .
    He is not the emperor's 1st choice ;but Warren is not going anywhere .

Bold prediction Biden and Sanders comes out close to even after tomorrow . The deal for the extreme base is not to add Warren or Sanders on the Biden ticket . Instead I believe Biden gets the nod and he nominates Kamala Harris as his Veep . That balances the ticket in a number of ways .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2020, 05:07 PM
    Desperate move to make sure that Sanders is NOT the nominee.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2020, 05:51 PM
    Chris Matthews just got purged from MSNBC . Here is his finest hour

https://www.mediaite.com/election-20...-won-cold-war/

turns out he had his own woke moment that was revealed Friday in GQ https://www.gq.com/story/chris-matthews-experience
    Expert

Mar 2, 2020, 06:00 PM
    I'll wait and see what the voters say tommorrow and go from there. Realistically I didn't see much of a path to victory for those that dropped out. Bloomy for all the money isn't showing much, nor is Warren at this point who is as smart and qualified, and experienced as any. Of course the establishment rallies around the centrist establishment candidate, as long as that establishment candidate performs to expectations.

I'm not counting Bernie out by any means but politics is politics!

Chris Mathews just retired! Talk about an era ending event!

Mar 2, 2020, 06:17 PM
    I tell you what: If that grabby Uncle Joe tries to play touchy-touchy with Kamala Harris, he is going to get slapped! And she won't care whose is looking!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 2, 2020, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Chris Mathews just retired! Talk about an era ending event!
    At the top of "Hardball," Chris briefly announced his retirement and left the studio. Totally unexpected by the network staff! I've never seen Steve Kornacki rattled before.

Mar 2, 2020, 06:43 PM
    I think Chris Matthews was coerced into "Retiring", like he kind of knows another "shoe" is about to drop....probably a woman's shoe!

Talaniman: Another case of a big corporation "Using Up" and asset and disposing of him, like so much garbage...using the excuse that he alluded that Bernie Sanders may be a closet communist: The Thought Police are hard at it today, working tirelessly to make sure that you color inside the lines and toe the line! The slime balls he worked for didn't try to defend him at all...instead, they threw him to the wolves....I might not agree with most of what Matthews said or even believes but I sure as hell don't like how they treated him, either.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2020, 07:18 PM
    Uncle Joe threw down the gauntlet :

"Talk is cheap, false promises are deceptive, and talk of revolution isn't changing anyone's life."
    Expert

Mar 3, 2020, 07:13 AM
    Vac, Mathews left with an apology and warning, watch your mouth. He had his day and a long good career, and is gone. No doubt compensated richly, so I got no grief with his leaving. The question now can Bernie rally his troops against the establishment and can Biden take advantage of the bump he got in SC, and moderates dropping out, and supporting him. The early, and absentee votes though predate the Biden surge, and could be CRUCIAL for Bernie.

It's on for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

"Talk is cheap, false promises are deceptive, and talk of revolution isn't changing anyone's life."
    YEP! That's how it's going to go from here.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2020, 07:18 AM
    The early, and absentee votes though predate the Biden surge, and could be CRUCIAL for Bernie.
    the big flaw in early voting exposed .
    Expert

Mar 3, 2020, 07:26 AM
    Everything humans do has flaws in it, but do we throw the baby out with the bath water? Early voting is a great convenience for many people, especially working people so maybe such a big field played into that too!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2020, 09:04 AM
    Evidently Matthews had committed the now unpardonable sin of complimenting women on their physical appearance. Men who commit such a heinous act are now expected to grovel and pay penance to the god of womanhood.

Mar 3, 2020, 09:11 AM
    jlisenbe: I hope my "day of reckoning" is gracious: I grew up when whistling at women was EXPECTED: if you didn't look and whistle, people thought something was wrong with you: mind you, you didn't do this to the women around where you grew up...but when you went to town, all bets were off!
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2020, 04:20 PM
    tal early voting is a horrible idea. Many people voted over 2 weeks ago when the field was crowded . I gots a secret for you . The early vote is not even counted unless the ballots taken on voting day are indecisive .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2020, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

talk is indeed cheap and getting cheaper by the day, except for bloomy
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2020, 10:06 PM
    you know what I like about this process it has driven Trump out of the news cycle, he has become irrelevant in the cycle of more important news, must burn him

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elena Kagan the stealth nominee [ 38 Answers ]

After watching the reaction to the President's nomination of Kagan for SCOTUS ,it is clear that unless there is some smoking gun reason ;the Republicans will not be able to mount a serious opposition to her selection. However ,her lack of a "paper trail" ,and judicial record has the left more...

Consent of legal heirs for purchase of flat from nominee [ 2 Answers ]

If I purchase a resale flat in a society from the nominee after death of the owner who has died without making any will, whether consent of other legal heirs of the family is necessary ? What are the pros and cons if consent of others is not taken and an affidavit from nominee owner is taken.

Right wingers Ticked off about Bush nominee [ 2 Answers ]

I've been enjoying all of the fighting on this Conservative site: http://www.townhall.com/blogs/c-log/J%20Garthwaite/story/2005/10/03/159236.html Seems like the conservatives are a bit pissed by Bush's choice... should a liberal be happy about it? Mirza :confused:

View more questions Search