Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 13, 2014, 06:37 AM
    Well Clete you certainly have the right to dig in the dirt, and sell that dirt to anyone who wants to burn that dirt, and poison their air to light their houses. Have at it while the rest of us explore and develop better ideas than that. And good luck to getting rich people not to buy and build their beachfront property, or luxury hotel chains to relocate their resorts to the middle of the continent.

I don't think your politicians give a crap about what the rich guy is saying. And good luck to all those Asians who can't come to your country, but want your dirt.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2014, 09:33 AM
    The UN IPCC is now backing down from their fear mongering and saying that it's unlikely there'll be any dangerous warming in this century.

That being said ;look at the innovation between 1914 and 2000 .... Do you think there will be any less in the next century ?
    Expert

Jul 13, 2014, 09:49 AM
    Or the next decades Tom.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2014, 03:49 PM
    Do you think there will be any less in the next century ?
    I think the concern is whether there will be a next century. Look I know what we are doing is unsustainable but so are our current responses, solar and wind are not viable alternatives and they are just as polluting in the production phases, it is a zero sum net gain, but why should we beggar ourselves while the rest of the world plays games. We are already reducing our CO2 way beyond targets but it won't make any difference. We actually have bigger fish to fry and we are ignoring it, the soaring population is the real problem, not a degree in temperature
    Expert

Jul 13, 2014, 05:45 PM
    I figure the more we play with making new energy sources workable, the better we get at it. We do nothing, then we are stuck on fossil fuel. Why be stuck?

Crawl back in your cave if you are't up to the challenge of evolving and getting better. I'm surprised you bother with shoes with that kind of pessimism.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2014, 08:48 PM
    I only wear shoes half the day tal in those times I don't want anything squishy between my toes. I don't live in a cave, not enough caves to go around which is the point, isn't it? you see that getting all over emotive and making stupid comments does nothing to address the real problem, back when I was born, when the Earth had a population of three billion, we were a long way from this climate problem, wasn't a concern, but the emissions exist because of population. it is rediculous to be providing a solution which costs up to four times as much with no sum gain. It is a pipe dream to think that all of humanity is going to have its energy supplied by alternative energy. I heard the other day fusion is back on the agenda, what a crock, inventing something like that to solve a simple problem. It could all be solved in a century with population control
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2014, 02:26 AM
    The future humanity faces is not one of overpopulation, but of depopulation. Human population will peak by 2050 ;if not before . The population of the world will begin to plummet in a little over four decades. Between 2040 and 2050, the world’s population will decrease by about 85 million. World population will decrease by roughly 25 percent each successive generation after .
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2014, 04:43 AM
    really tom what makes you think that, a few million every generation? there is no plan, and if you think this is the result of poor food supply, war will escalate any numbers. There could be a pandemic these have reduced population from 25 to 50% in a short time, ebola is out of control in Africa right now and your own idiots are experiementing with live anthrax. Anyway we don't have a hundred years or a millenium. 25% a generation, so extinction in thirty generations by your theory. Do the math.

I'd back the abo their technology allowed them to survive isolated for forty thousand years so we win afterall
    Expert

Jul 14, 2014, 04:49 AM
    And your solution for population control would be what?
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2014, 04:59 AM
    Start with segregation and enforced birth control until 25 years of age and a limit on procreation say no more than two children. It puts the abortion industry out of business and introduces some sense into the process but more would be needed, we need a complete change in the moral fabric of the society
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2014, 05:03 AM
    Clete I'm suprised you still believe in the Ehrlich Malthusian lie.
    really tom what makes you think that, ...?
    World populations to stop growing in 2050? - Economic Times
    Expert

Jul 14, 2014, 05:06 AM
    But how would you enforce your new moral restrictions?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2014, 05:40 AM
    Start with segregation and enforced birth control until 25 years of age and a limit on procreation say no more than two children. It puts the abortion industry out of business and introduces some sense into the process but more would be needed, we need a complete change in the moral fabric of the society
    Is this what you preach on your christian radio station?
    Scary stuff.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2014, 06:05 AM
    No karma I was asked for a personal opinion but I certainly would preach that we need a complete change in the moral fabric of our society if we are going to solve our problems. heddonism is the problem which leds to unwanted pregnancies, etc, etc, etc. at least I'm prepared to say so
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2014, 06:20 AM
    I think it's more the lack of caring parenting. Parents now are chasing the appearance of wealth as the main goal of life, kids be damned.
    Expert

Jul 14, 2014, 06:38 AM
    Here we go with this MORALS thing which of course means YOUR morals you want everyone to fall in line with and the deviants are condemned to hell. Good Luck with that.

I see the problem as a logistical one, and the problem of hoarding resources is the root cause of the problem.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2014, 06:48 AM
    when all is said and done ,the human race will regret it's genocidal infanticide .
    Expert

Jul 14, 2014, 06:58 AM
    I think we will regret making abortions obsolete with science instead of religious zealotry, the same dynamic that drives wars and conflicts. Both a waste of human resource.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2014, 07:03 AM
    Tom have you read that article 15.8 billion as a high estimate, no doubt brought to us by the same brilliant minds who brought us AGW modelling

Tal there is a lot of waste of human resource, I suggest you mobilise the waste of human resource you have all around you as a start, it might lead to less abortions
    Expert

Jul 14, 2014, 07:31 AM
    Science and education lead to less abortions, so educate yourself. Or ask the educated females. LOL, Clete, you probably waste as much of your human resources around you as you say we do so what's your problem?

Never mind, you obviously think with your hate and prejudice, and identify paradise and morality with the smell of your own farts. Must be nice to ignore your own stink, and criticize everyone else's. Typical of fundamentalists everywhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why was the Hundred Years War such a pivotal war in European history? [ 0 Answers ]

2. Why was the Hundred Years War such a pivotal war in European history?

Climate change?? [ 35 Answers ]

Hello: Look, I'm a climate change denier too, but this is some crazy weather we're having, huh? So, even though global warming is a hoax, if my home had been destroyed by Sandy, I wouldn't temp fate again. I'd move or rebuild it on stilts. You? 98% of the worlds scientists AGREE that...

Latest weapon in the war on climate change [ 40 Answers ]

Or global climate disruptions or whatever they call it these days, the latest weapon to save the planet is... the official EPA climate change rap. I'm speechless.

World War two prisnor of war camps [ 4 Answers ]

There was movie I saw, back in like the early 70's. The story line was a prisnor of war camp along the German/Swiss border or German/Austrian border. The POW's build a glider and launch it from the ridge of the top floor roof, using a tub that is dropped from several stories to provided the...

Is the Iraq War just merely a political conflict or really a War? [ 10 Answers ]

The Iraq War has been awfully quiet these days. I read historical documentaries about other wars and, every time there's a war, It would cause much panic and it would all be on the news and everything. Officials would be all over the nation trying to find recruits and signs are up. But the Iraq...

View more questions Search