Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2013, 06:26 AM
    Lol if it came to a Civil War ,do you really think the military will march in goose step to Emperor Zero's edicts ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 06:26 AM
    Emperor Zero
    Who is that?
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jan 11, 2013, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, TUT:

And, it's one the right wing bonkers apparently thinks it can win. ??? When confronted with the military REALITY that an assault rifle is no match for an Apache helicopter with 50 cal machine guns, they wanna talk about Indians...

The GOOD news is the country is seeing, maybe for the first time, how BONKERS their opposition really is..

excon

There are no winners in a civil war.

Tut
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2013, 06:29 AM
    When confronted with the military REALITY that an assault rifle is no match for an Apache helicopter with 50 cal machine guns, they want to talk about Indians...
    Yeah you're right.. and you have no problem with the government gunning down the Weaver family or storming and killing men women and children in Waco .

Jan 11, 2013, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    lol if it came to a Civil War ,do you really think the military will march in goose step to Emperor Zero's edicts ?
    Some would, some wouldn't. This is what history has shown us happens in modern times. You think you can buck the trend?
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2013, 06:35 AM
    It's all a hypothetical exercise . The point of gun ownership is self defense ,and it is frankly irrelevant if the government is better armed. That didn't stop the colonists from defeating the best army of their era . Clete likes to point out how the best military of our day is getting whooped by tribesmen in AfPakia.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 06:38 AM
    storming and killing men women and children in Waco
    You try shooting at cops investigating allegations of sexual abuse and illegal weapons, see where that rightfully gets you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 06:40 AM
    Hello again,

But you know and I know that won't happen because the people do not want to be disarmed .
    lol if it came to a Civil War ,do you really think the military will march in goose step to Emperor Zero's edicts ?
    Couple things...

I don't know WHY, but the bonkers right wing thinks somebody is talking about DISARMING the American people... I don't know ANYBODY who's doing that... Not ONE person... So, they want to fight fights, that aren't even fights... If that's not bonkers, what is??

Ok, HERE'S what's MORE bonkers.. They believe... They ACTUALLY believe that the US Army will defect to THEIR side, in the war they want to start.

Bonkers, bonkers, and even MORE bonkers...

Excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2013, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    You try shooting at cops investigating allegations of sexual abuse and illegal weapons, see where that rightfully gets you.
    Yeah it was Janet Reno's finest hour. They wasted 25 children to save them from allegations of sexual abuse. Good job!
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 06:50 AM
    Hello again, tom:

and you have no problem with the government gunning down the Weaver family or storming and killing men women and children in Waco
    Getting desperate over there??

In order to deflect from your BONKERISM, you accuse ME of being a lover of government, which is the MOST bonkers thing you've said this morning...

Bwa, ha ha ha ha.

Excon
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 06:53 AM
    They wasted 25 children
    It was a cult led by a crazy person, it almost doesn't surprise me that they snuffed out the children's lives. Sad all 'round.
    Best to take the cults to place like Guyana where no one will bug you if you want to snuff out 909 lives.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 06:55 AM
    Hello again, tom:

The point of gun ownership is self defense ,and it is frankly irrelevant if the government is better armed.
    Like I said, you actually think you can win...

BONKERS, BONKERS, BONKERS...

Excon

Jan 11, 2013, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

Like I said, you actually think you can win...

BONKERS, BONKERS, BONKERS...

excon

I think he is actually saying that the militia part is hypothetical. Not sure where he wants to put the comma now.
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2013, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    It was a cult led by a crazy person, it almost doesn't surprise me that they snuffed out the children's lives. Sad all 'round.
    Best to take the cults to place like Guyana where no one will bug you if you want to snuff out 909 lives.
    It was Clintoon being a strong arm tyrant. They had absolutely no proof of any child abuse. You call them a cult .I call them a religious community . Either way 76 people were massacred by the Clintonistas. But the sheeple should give up their arms.
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 07:15 AM
    Hello again, tom:

But the sheeple should give up their arms.
    So, I'm out of here. I won't indulge your fantasy any more. Contact me when you land back on earth...

Excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2013, 07:22 AM
    C you
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 07:23 AM
    You call them a cult .I call them a religious community .
    I realize you view their actions as very religious-like but many of us do not see it that way.

In 1959, Florence Houteff (widow of founder Victor Houteff) announced that the Second Coming of Jesus Christ was about to take place, and members were told to gather at the center to await this event. Many built houses, others stayed in tents, trucks or buses, and most sold their possessions.

Following the failure of this prophecy, control of Mount Carmel Center fell to Benjamin Roden, and, on his death, to his wife, Lois. Lois Roden considered their son, George, unfit to assume the position of prophet. Instead, she groomed Vernon Howell (later known as David Koresh) as her chosen successor. In 1984, a meeting led to a division of the group with Howell leading one faction, calling themselves the Davidian Branch Davidians, with George Roden leading the competing faction. After this split, George Roden ran Howell and his followers off Mount Carmel. Howell and his group relocated to Palestine, Texas.

After the death of Lois and probate of Lois' estate in January 1987, Howell attempted to gain control of the Mount Carmel Center by force. George Roden had dug up the casket of one Anna Hughes from the Davidian cemetery and had challenged Howell to a resurrection contest to prove who was the rightful heir to the leadership. Howell instead went to the police and claimed Roden was guilty of corpse abuse.By October 31, 1987 the county prosecutors had refused to file charges without proof and so on November 3, 1987, Howell and seven armed companions attempted to access the Mount Carmel chapel with the goal of photographing the body in the casket. George Roden was advised of the interlopers and grabbed an Uzi in response. The Sheriff's Department responded about 20 minutes into the gunfight.
    While waiting for the trial, George Roden was put in jail under contempt of court charges on March 21, 1988 because of his use of foul language in some court pleadings threatening the Texas court with AIDS and herpes if the court ruled in favor of Howell.

In mid-1989, a Davidian named Wayman Dale Adair visited George Roden to discuss Adair's vision of being God's chosen messiah. Roden then killed Adair with an axe.

On August 5, 1989, Howell released the "new light" audiotape in which he stated he had been told by God to procreate with the women in the group to establish a "House of David" of his "Special People." This involved married couples in the group dissolving their marriages and agreeing that only he could have sexual relations with the wives.
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2013, 07:29 AM
    Regardless of their beliefs ,they did not deserve to have our military assault them . Where were they going ? Clintoon wanted to show how tough he was and that is the real reason for the assault that killed as many children as the recent Connecticut shooting .
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 07:32 AM
    regardless of their beliefs
    It wasn't their beliefs, it was their actions. I believe your country has certain laws that must be followed. Or is that dependent of the group we are discussing?
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2013, 07:44 AM
    Again there was not a shred of evidence to justify their massacre. Almost 80 people killed to be served a warrant ? Give me a break. They patiently wait out hostage situations to save a single life . But over 20 children they rush in with tanks like a bull in a china shop. Nahh ,no tyranny there!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gun Control... it didn't take long [ 1292 Answers ]

I won't go into hysterics that Obama is going to take away our guns. Just one question. If the US backs a UN Treaty to restrict small arms ,what is the law of the land ? The treaty ,or the Constitution of the land... specifically the 2nd Amendment ? After Obama win, U.S. backs new U.N....

Gun control. My thoughts. Just shoot me now. This thread won't end well. [ 332 Answers ]

Okay, I do have thoughts on gun control, and I promised to start a thread where we could discuss guns, and peoples thoughts on guns. But I didn't start the thread about the Connecticut massacre to discuss gun control. That was about the families and their loss. So, to keep that Connecticut...

Gun control by fiat? [ 17 Answers ]

Who needs a congress? King Obama is reportedly working on gun control "under the radar" by way of executive order or regulatory means. WaPo did a story on White House gun control czar Steve Crowley which had this little tidbit that just almost escaped notice. I'm sure that is "under the...

Gun Control [ 29 Answers ]

Hello: The killer we've been talking about was subdued AFTER he emptied his magazine and before he could insert another. He was using 30 round clips. THOSE clips were illegal under the Assault Weapons Ban that EXPIRED under Bush and was not reinstated. If it HAD been reinstated, the killer...

Gun control and socialized medicine in Europe [ 1 Answers ]

Are any countries in Europe that do not have either gun control laws or socialized medicine? I know they're very "europe-y" things to do, but I don't know if the EU requires them, or if a bunch of countries just decided to institute them. (I know the exact polices vary a bit, so I'm guessing it's...

View more questions Search