Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 09:12 AM

Get an Xbox, it worked wonders after my break up. I couldn't sleep, so I'd turn on my xbox and beat the crap out of some 13 year old punk kid in Halo 3.

And yes, I did feel good about myself for picking on the younger kids:P
    crazyoverher Posts: 319, Reputation: 6

Mar 13, 2009, 11:11 AM

Guys... this is the email I just got from her:

First of all...thank you for doing that reference check for me....and no, I hadn't seen the e-mail...haven't checked it for several days. I have a lot to say about what you said in this e-mail and one that you sent a while back, but I really haven't been able to put the words together.

I'm sorry to hear about all the crap going on in your life right now...but I'm glad at least you have FCD to lean on. I'll get back to you soon about the 2 emails.

take care of yourself

What the hell?

I'm sooo pissed. I don't want her to get back to me.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 11:12 AM

Then delete her f-ing emails! That simple. You are doing this to yourself! Take back the power and be done with this entire mess. Wipe the slate clean my friend...
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 11:14 AM

Then put her e-mail address in the SPAM filter, you will have NO IDEA she responded that way
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 11:16 AM

::banging head on wall::

Some people NEVER listen...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 13, 2009, 11:24 AM

Running out of band-aids here fella.
    crazybird Posts: 82, Reputation: 8

Mar 13, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    Crazy,

You don't need our comments on how ridiculous it is to desire someone to call you hunny, sugarpie, sweet lips AFTER you have broken up.

You have one heck of a REALLY THICK skull on you there. Are you enjoying anything about you yet?
    I read the first 2 comments the OP wrote then posted my message. I should have read the following messages before making a comment. My bad. Sorry.
    heartbroke Posts: 163, Reputation: 24

Mar 13, 2009, 04:15 PM

Then don't let her get back to you, put it in the spam folder or delete. If you read what she has to say, then you might have something to say back to her, and it never ends. Im in the same damn situation and because of my curiousity I still do it. Im attempting my final and 8th time of NC. Why I invited her to breakfast this morning and pick her up in a viper... I don't know!! She didn't come anyway. Too bad the viper was really cool to drive around and the food was great.

Mar 13, 2009, 05:44 PM

Wow heartbreak. That's pretty awful. I'm sorryto hear that. Well if I get an email from her I'll just delete it.

I'll let youall know. Thnkx for being there for me. Im sure she has her own support group. Her loser whore friends. But u guys r great!

Mar 14, 2009, 03:51 PM

All right guys... n gals...

I broke nc. Damnit. But she emailed me the one I showed you. I emailed back giving her a deadline / ultimatum for her if she wants to TRY to come back. I know I know... :(

Anyway, I said that if not by this date, then don't do anything... and it will be over.

Now, at least she can be the one to blame and have it on her instead of me.

I feel lousy. But I knew id have this problem if she emailed me...

Comments?
    firsttimedumped Posts: 49, Reputation: 4

Mar 14, 2009, 04:23 PM
    You have to do what everyone is saying... do not contact her you will never get over her.
    It took me 8 months to figure out she was not coming back that's when I started the nc and its great.

I don't know what she's doing because I don't ask or have her tell me... so there is nothing to worry about because the less you know the less it will hurt..

What I started to do was look at myself through someone else eyes.. and let me tell you I looked like a fking sucker.. thought I couldn't live without her.. the stuff I used to say or do to get her back were sad... no wonder she didn't lol... I wasn't a MAN... I'm dating and I realized there's something about me that women like and it feels good..

STOP TALKING TO HER!!

Mar 14, 2009, 05:53 PM

You know what people?

Along with finding out that she thought I was too submisive... which is NOT the case, I was just being sweet. Believe me I can be an a$$hole very easily... but firsttime... brings up a good point

I want your opinion...

She did tell our mutual friend that she questioned my manhood! Canu believe that crap? I couldn't.. so that's when I told her and my friend... my ultimatum and not to contact me until she decides...

AND if she decides not to try with me again... then not to do ANYTHING. In the meantime... im going to stick to NC.
    ONLYHERETOHELP Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Mar 14, 2009, 07:57 PM

she did tell our mutual friend that she questioned my manhood! Canu believe that crap? I couldn't.. so that's when I told her and my friend... my ultimatum and not to contact me until she decides...
    Anger, frustration, confusion, pain, etc. All of these emotions eventually dwindle once you step away from the entire situation. Both physically and emotionally. You need to posses friends of your own. Either that, or, tell this mutual friend not to spring up any information or concern regarding your ex.
    Diehardrocks92 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Mar 14, 2009, 08:13 PM

if u love her really love and do anything for then do something romantic for her like randomly show up at her door with flowers and choclates and if she's willing to go with you bring her to a romantic dinner... but if its just puppy love and you could do better forget her... just remember every girl is after her romeo and will always test you and fight with you because basically us girls we're es

Mar 15, 2009, 12:35 AM

Thankx justwantfair...

Got confused for a moment there. But justwantfair... im feeling very vulnerable now. I gave that ultimatium but I really feel that she's not going tocome back :( as disfunctional as it was, we were going to get married.

So you see the agony I'm going through here. Now I have to wait to see if she contacts me in about one month. If she does then she wants me, if she doesn't then we are broken up. Simple as that. But those were my terms but damn... I really want her to come back to me. Am soooo crazy for her. Maybe I need some pills or something. I was down all day long today. Wonderng what she is going to choose... help!!
    ONLYHERETOHELP Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Mar 15, 2009, 12:40 AM

as disfunctional as it was, we were going to get married.
    Are you starting to see the point here?

You two are DYSFUNCTIONAL together.

You need to separate yourself from this girl. Stop all means of on going information gathering, and contacting, immediately.

I really want her to come back to me. Am soooo crazy for her. Maybe I need some pills or something. I was down all day long today. Wonderng what she is going to choose... help!!
    Other then drowning yourself in self pity, what did you do today that was productive for YOURSELF?

Mar 15, 2009, 12:44 AM

I just moved from an apartment that we were going to share to a single bed apartment. :(
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 05:20 AM

I was down all day long today. Wondering what she is going to choose... help!!
    That's your problem, your wondering what she will do, instead of planning what you want to do.

The ultimatum was dumb, and self serving, an you would have felt better about yourself if you had disappeared from her life, and followed the suggestions here and began the healing process.

You don't need pills, you need to stop chasing ghosts.

Just examine honestly, your progress over 24 pages of advice, over nearly a month. Are you happy with that? I'm disappointed myself, but you get no empathy for self inflicted misery, and pain.

Mar 15, 2009, 07:16 AM

talaniman:

Yes I was very proud of my progress with everyone's help here. I tried and did do all that was suggested except for when she reached out and emailed me that goddam#ed job request and then emailed me about that she will get back with me on my other emails.

Then, I admit, I lost it.

Its so hard to walk away from your loves desire. And I would have felt better if I walked away from her life but now I'm stuck with waiting to see what SHE does to me. Damnit.

Can you tell me what you mean about "chasing ghosts?" does that mean I'm just in denial or what? Is it false hope? A lot of bad things beside her are going on in my life and I KNOW that this is effecting how I am behaving about her.

I want her to respect me but she doesn't. She used to and I used to be strong like that but like I said, lifes problems are really bad with me right now and she knows that and seems that she has... wants to bail out on me rather than helping me through everything.

Example: I had my home forcloesed on last week. I lost my job due to downsizing. I have to file bankruptcy. I have depression because of it all. And NOW my girlfriend... of 5 years is freaking leaving me too!!

God never gives you more than you can handle right? Well it sure seems too much for me to handle. The one person that I need, isn't there for me. Are you surprised that I'm fighting for the one thing that I love? As bad as it might be, without her I have nothing left.

Not trying to have a pity party but reality is what it is... comments please. ANYONE.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 07:23 AM

You have nothing left?

You are alive, you are able to type, you have access to a computer, you have a TON of people that care for you (just look at your thread of heartfelt replies). When things get tough it is especially important to look at you have, rather than focusing on what you don't have. Seems to me, you are getting the shot to prove to yourself, and everyone else, that YOU alone can do this, and this girl who has no respect for you DOES NOT matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking up with someone, heart breaking [ 4 Answers ]

Basically I've only been with my boyfriend for 2 months, but its not working for many reasons. I have a horrible feeling he is seriously taking advantage of me in many many ways and all he is after is sex and money. He says he loves me and I mean the world to him, he needs me, he adores me, his...

I've been dating a girl for 5years and where worce then ever [ 7 Answers ]

The question is I've been dating this girl for 5 years and now we fight a lot and its mostly about her spending money and never saving a dime for a place to live. Worce part is now her mother and aunt is saying bad things and found a place where me sister BF family lives and they don't know that...

View more questions Search