Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 01:45 PM
    gromitt82,
    Is right.
    I enjoy the joy and happiness of my belief in God AND the material things of this world, love of others, of nature, good food and wine, of play and work and good friends.
    For me these are God's gifts to the world s He gave Himself
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Cool, then we are the same. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 02:22 PM
    NeedKarma.
    You say we are the same.
    Then that means that you also "I enjoy the joy and happiness of my belief in God"
    Right?
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Except for that part.
    Quit trying to push it on me.
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 06:42 PM
    NeedKarma,
    I wasn't trying to push it on you.
    I was trying to be funny.
    It looks like my effort was a flop.
    Sorry.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Oct 23, 2008, 03:50 AM
    [
    Nope, no immortal soul.
    Yea but why do you feel the need to bold everything now?:confused:[/QUOTE]

No need at all! I was just following your instructions! :D:o:confused: That's how I feel now

Oct 23, 2008, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michealb View Post
    Say for just a moment that religious people are happier than atheists. It's not true but for a moment I'll play along. I'd still rather be an atheist. Why? You might ask. Simple because my happiness is real. What's the difference you say. Let me give you an example say I could remove your brain and upload it to a computer that would fulfil your every desire. The only problem is that once I remove your brain you can't go back to your body. Would you do it? I wouldn't and I bet you wouldn't either. Why because it's not real. Fantasy happiness is not real happiness. The lesson is believing a fantasy to make yourself feel artificially happy isn't a lasting solution. Just as a child has to grow up and stop believing in Santa Clause the human race will also have to grow up and give up it's superstitions.
    Honestly to God, I'm not interested in pursueing the subject of happiness any further inasmuch as, obviously, you have a different approach to life than I do.
    If your way of thinking makes you feel well, at ease with the rest of mankind and happy, that's fine with me and I wish you can enjoy that satisfaction for as long as you are down here.
    But DON'T EXPECT PEOPLE LIKE ME to be convinced by your earthly philosophy for the very simple reason that we WON'T BUY IT. Our so called "superstition" provides US with a state of mind and a especial happiness that as you CANNOT UNDERSTAND THEM - for you think they are the consequence of childish superstitions - YOU ARE TOTALLY UNABLE TO JUDGE THEM. HOWEVER, You consider yourself totally sound and mature to the point of judge and criticize others like me WHO WILL NEVER THINK LIKE YOU DO. A bit arrogant on your side, don't you think?
    I respect your feelings and your way of thinking EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT!!
    JUST BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS WILLING TO LISTEN TO WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY I READ YOUR POST AND TELL YOU, THAT'S FINE WITH ME, BE MY GUEST.
    WOULD IT BE ASKING VERY MUCH OF YOUR SOUND MATURITY TO RESPECT MY SUPERSTITIONS AND MY FANTASY HAPPINESS...?
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 04:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gromitt82;1335805[B
    ]
    But DON'T EXPECT PEOPLE LIKE ME to be convinced by your earthly philosophy for the very simple reason that we WON'T BUY IT.][/B]
    BUT YET you STARTED THIS thread to CONVINCE PEOPLE that “that there MUST BE a supernatural being” and “Perhaps we should start thinking of how futile our discussions are in front of the awe inspired by GOD, who has created everything that surround us” Who are YOU trying to CONVINCE?

Oct 23, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    BUT YET you STARTED THIS thread to CONVINCE PEOPLE that “that there MUST BE a supernatural being” and “Perhaps we should start thinking of how futile our discussions are in front of the awe inspired by GOD, who has created everything that surround us” Who are YOU trying to CONVINCE?
    This is supposed to be a Christianity Board. Ergo, a board where Christians and/or people who believe in GOD (whatever their religions may be) may feel inclined to comment, debate and/or share their views. These are the people whose "superstitions" help them a lot in living their lives in our beautiful Earth for, whatever their troubles, pains or ailments, they endure them happily (with that phantasy happiness you seem to despise so much) hoping there will soon enough come the moment when they will finally find the answer to their prayers.
    In my trips to Asia I always had the chance to speak with lots of people who did not share neither my views nor my religion but whose spirituality was of such caliber that it make me feel envious,
    It is for believers that Christianity Boards all over are meant.
    Atheists have little to do therein because our language is like Swahili for them and their vain efforts trying to convince us of their own "phantasies", a sheer waste of time..
    The people I was trying, therefore, to convince is NOT YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE but people who are receptive and/or interested in finding out some answers as to WHO WE ARE, WHERE DO WE COME FROM AND WHERE ARE WE GOING TO...
    Those who are so clever that they think they ALREADY KNOW the answers to these questions and consider US as just poor "superstitious ignorants" who cannot tell day from night, you will surely agree, are pitifully wasting their precious time...
    GOD bless you!
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gromitt82 View Post
    This is supposed to be a Christianity Board. Ergo, a board where Christians and/or people who believe in GOD (whatever their religions may be) may feel inclined to comment, debate and/or share their views.
    Actually this is the Religious Discussions board. There is another Christianity board on the site as well. My views here have as much merit as yours, please don't try to censor me.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Oct 23, 2008, 08:40 AM

WOULD IT BE ASKING VERY MUCH OF YOUR SOUND MATURITY TO RESPECT MY SUPERSTITIONS AND MY FANTASY HAPPINESS..
    You have the right to believe in any fantasy you wish. A right that I would never think about taking away. However, you do not have the right to have that fantasy be respected. Would you respect someone who claims to talk to the tooth fairy and wanted to spend your money on projects that involve the tooth fairy or spend time and your money on educating children that tooth fairy is real? Frankly given what is at stake I should really be more forceful in my convictions. So yes it is too much to ask that I respect your superstitions and I will continue exercise my right of free speech to tell everyone that will listen that they are superstitions.

Oct 23, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Actually this is the Religious Discussions board. There is another Christianity board on the site as well. My views here have as much merit as yours, please don't try to censor me.

I'm not censoring you. You can spend the rest of your life writing here (in a Religious Discussion Board) despite the fact you are not religious. I was answering your questions as to what people I was addressing to.
    Quote:
    The people I was trying, therefore, to convince is NOT YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE but people who are receptive and/or interested in finding out some answers as to WHO WE ARE, WHERE DO WE COME FROM AND WHERE ARE WE GOING TO...
    Unquote:
    I'm not even mentioning you:
    Quote:
    Those who are so clever that they think they ALREADY KNOW the answers to these questions and consider US as just poor "superstitious ignorants" who cannot tell day from night, you will surely agree, are pitifully wasting their precious time...
    GOD bless you!

Unquote:
    If you consider yourself within that group is just your own consideration.
    GOD bless you
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gromitt82 View Post
    You can spend the rest of your life writing here (in a Religious Discussion Board) despite the fact you are not religious.
    A lot of people here keep telling me that atheism is a religion so I guess I belong here. There room for both of us! :)

Oct 23, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by needkarma View Post
    a lot of people here keep telling me that atheism is a religion so i guess i belong here. There room for both of us! :)
    great! Keep on writing then! That's fine with me.
    But i beg you to stop trying to insult whatever little inteligence i may have by pretending that i'm daydreaming while you are in possession of the absolute truth.

If i am wrong and i don't need you to tell me so. Soon enough i'll find out.
    Hope you are willing to accept :dthat the same will happen to you
    . :d
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 11:02 AM
    I never said you were daydreaming nor do I believe I possess the absolute truth. Though I constantly hear that Christians know "the Truth" that I don't appear to know.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 06:56 PM
    gromitt82,
    It has always been a mystery to me why atheists are on religious boards.
    I often feel that they are here in attempts to change our beliefs to theirs OR they are inwardly (perhaps unknowingly) searching for a spiritual life
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Oct 24, 2008, 02:46 AM
    I never said you were daydreaming nor do I believe I possess the absolute truth. Though I constantly hear that Christians know "the Truth" that I don't appear to know.
    It is probably because English is not my mother language that I may have misunderstood your comments. I apologize if I have.

As for us Christians claiming that we know "the Truth", we are, of course, referring to Jesus Christ's message to us. We do consider it to be the "Absolute Truth", though we understand others may not agree with us. I must agree that we are not very humble about this assertion, the reason being, perhaps, that this TRUTH comes all the way direct from someone we consider the Son of God. I mean, we are defending a Truth that has been given to us by He Who we consider the Son of God. It is, therefore, a Truth given to us NOT a truth originated in our own minds.
    However, I will grant you that we should be more willing to accept criticism from those who feel there may be other truths.
    Just as well as we should recognize que, more often than not, in the past, rather than preaching our TRUTH as it had been taught to us by Jesus, we have been trying to impose it rather bloodily... And this is not certainly what Jesus preached...
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 03:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    gromitt82,
    It has always been a mystery to me why atheists are on religious boards.
    I often feel that they are here in attempts to change our beliefs to theirs OR they are inwardly (perhaps unknowingly) searching for a spiritual life
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    This isn't a religious board. It's a place for religious discussion. Religion is interesting to atheists because it's an intriguing phenomenon. Many atheists would love to believe in God. The human desire to have security in knowing what happens when we die, to know where we came from, to know what consciousness is, is a very natural drive that all humans seem to have. We wonder how other people have come to the conclusion that the answer is God, and sure, if you can persuade us with real meaningful evidence, we'd love that.
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 04:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin View Post
    Many atheists would love to believe in God.
    I really don't fall into that category. The world is indeed an amazing place without a god required. Boom-de-yada!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 04:58 AM
    I really don't fall into that category. The world is indeed an amazing place without a god required. Boom-de-yada!
    I agree, but I mean if there were evidence for a God, surely it would answer a lot of the unknowns?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

These are amazing. [ 114 Answers ]

7 (More!) Underground Wonders of the World: Lost Caverns and Buried Cities | WebUrbanist 7 Most Amazing Caves of our World

Does anyone else find this amazing? [ 1 Answers ]

It puts our little planet in proportion to the universe. irReligion.org » We’re But A Speck In The Universe

Amazing pictures [ 2 Answers ]

From National Geographic online, pictures of a comet that has it's tail whacked off! Photo in the News: Comet Loses Tail in Space Collision

View more questions Search