Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 05:56 PM
    Congrats Alty! I just found this thread. I didn't even know you were going back to work. Do you feel "rusty"?

I'll bet that those old guys just drooled over you. How did it go, "Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy?" Something like that?

Well, good for you, I wish you the best.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    Congrats Alty! I just found this thread. I didn't even know you were going back to work. Do you feel "rusty"?

I'll bet that those old guys just drooled over you. How did it go, "Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy?" Something like that?

Well, good for you, I wish you the best.
    LOL!

Not quite that bad. They just said "here's, something to brighten your day". One older gentleman did touch my face though. He just wanted to show me how cold his hands were. He's lucky I don't scare easy. ;)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 05:59 PM

Both of those "quotes" sound wrong on so many levels :D
    Pets Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    both of those "quotes" sound wrong on so many levels :D
    Now that I think about it... :eek:
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 06:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    LOL!

Not quite that bad. They just said "here, something to brighten your day". One older gentleman did touch my face though. He just wanted to show me how cold his hand were. He's lucky I don't scare easy. ;)
    I really enjoy spending time with the elderly. All they want sometimes is someone to listen to their stories. They prove that the saying" the older you get, the better you used to be" is true.

I plan on doing some volunteer work, and taking my two boys with me to help, at the area nursing homes.

Most of the guys that age are gentlemen, but watch out for the "dirty old" ones. I'm sure your husband has nothing to worry about. Tell him you're being hit on by guys in flannel pajamas.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 06:08 PM

HOORAY FOR ALTY! I'm glad your work went well. I just found this thread. Maybe if you keep at they'll want to keep you all year. :)

I have my jobe orientation tomorrow, the silly manager finally sent me my forms in the email, so it's all pretty much taken care of, I just want to start working already!
    Pets Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    HOORAY FOR ALTY!! I'm glad your work went well. I just found this thread. Maybe if you keep at they'll wanna keep you all year. :)

I have my jobe orientation tomorrow, the silly manager finally sent me my forms in the email, so it's all pretty much taken care of, I just wanna start working already!
    All year in this position isn't possible, the flu campaign is only for 6 months, but if they like me I'll be asked back next year.

It's perfect for me, work until March, take time to build my tables for the farmers market in summer and have the summer off with my kids.

It works. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 06:12 PM
    All year in this position isn't possible, the flu campaign is only for 6 months, but if they like me I'll be asked back next year.

It's perfect for me, work until March, take time to build my tables for the farmers market in summer and have the summer off with my kids.

It works. :)
    That's just too fun. :)
    Farmers markets are nice, and they have really pretty flowers.
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 06:13 PM

By the way, I found a new signature pic, what do you think? :)
    Pets Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    I really enjoy spending time with the elderly. All they want sometimes is someone to listen to their stories. They prove that the saying" the older you get, the better you used to be" is true.

I plan on doing some volunteer work, and taking my two boys with me to help, at the area nursing homes.

Most of the guys that age are gentlemen, but watch out for the "dirty old" ones. I'm sure your husband has nothing to worry about. Tell him you're being hit on by guys in flannel pajamas.
    I have to say that they were all gentlemen, even the one that touched my face. It's funny because it was just a friendly, grandfatherly type thing but as soon as he did it it's like he realized that he may have crossed the line. When I said "My goodness your hands are cold" and laughed, he grinned from ear to ear, as if happy that he hadn't offended me.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. :)
    Pets Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    By the way, I found a new signature pic, what do you think? :)
    I love it. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 06:18 PM

I found it on Facebook actually, and I thought "that would be perfect for AMHD, I'm sure people would appreciate it."

:)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 07:17 PM

I'm glad you like it Alty... a job that seems to go fast is a good job! Haha

The schedule sounds perfect!
    Bit of extra savings for half the year so you and hubby can go on a holiday... ship the kids off to summer camp ;)

Oh and ohso... I love the sig :D
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 07:24 PM

You put her up in Tassie shaz and I'll put her up in Sydney ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    I'm glad you like it Alty... a job that seems to go fast is a good job! haha

The schedule sounds perfect!
    Bit of extra savings for half the year so you and hubby can go on a holiday... ship the kids off to summer camp ;)

Thanks! :)
    Pets Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    you put her up in tassie shaz and i'll put her up in sydney ;)
    :d
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 07:45 PM

I like that Plan M, It will be winter here then so it will be freezing just like Canada in Tassie, and nice and warm up in Sydney!
    Best of both worlds!
    Pets Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 07:46 PM
    I like that Plan M, It will be winter here then so it will be freezing just like Canada in Tassie, and nice and warm up in Sydney!
    Best of both worlds!
    What do you consider freezing Shazzy?
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 10:35 PM
    What do you consider freezing Shazzy?
    Hmmm good point... how about mildy chilly :p
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 11:29 PM
    I think it was taken off. :(
    I didn't remove it, but it's not there anymore. Wouldn't I have gotten a message or something?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I-751 interview [ 2 Answers ]

I live in California and I have applied for removal of conditions of residence (I 751) on dec 08. They called us for an interview on July 13, 09. I was on Monday at 7am. We were the only couple there. The officer gave us a hard time making questions, trying to intimidate us. We were pretty...

Getting a divorce before 1st interview of marriage based green card interview [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm living in america since 2003 decemeber, 1st I had a f1 then I transfer to h1b and now I'm on marriage based green card status, I'm getting a divorce to my wife and my interview 1st interview is due in a week ,what's going to happen to my status after that I have no criminal record no bad...

I-130 interview [ 1 Answers ]

I was denied political asylum 3 years ago and the judge started removal proceedings,at the time I was dating my husband for a year already so he insisted we get married right away without waiting any longer. Now after 2.5 years of marriage we finally have interview for I-130 scheduled, can I still...

Interview one [ 2 Answers ]

Please describe a time when you had to overcome differences and resistances to bring groups of people together to achieve a common purpose. What did you do? *

View more questions Search