Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LTD Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Whizzing Noise Honda Civic
    Well here goes. When in drive and air conditioner is on, I get a very load whizzing sound from the engine. I've used WD-40 to dampen the sound, but it returns after a few days.
    Do I need to replace a belt?
    highfallian Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Try replacing the belt first and if that don't help change out you ac compressor in the car.mine does it when I turn on my defrost but allot of time it's the alternator wearing out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda civic hatch clicking noise [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 91 honda civic hatchback and I was on my way to work this morning and noticed a strange clicking noise on the fron left side sounds like its coming from the wheel I went to a shop and they said either axle or brakes and said 150 to 175 for each any opinions of what it might...

Noise when starting Honda Civic 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

My 2003 Honda Civic makes a spinning noise when it starts. It sounds like it is coming from the front left. Eventually it goes away as I drive. If I put the breaks on, the noise goes away but resumes as soon as the breaks are let off. It is more likely to happen if I start the car and back out...

95 Honda civic engine noise [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everybody My 95 Honda Civic engine used to some noise when started during the winter which goes like " kat kat kat ...". When the engine warmed up this would go away. But now I get the sound even on a warm day and even after I have driven miles. What could be the problem and how can I solve it...

94 Civic EX Distributor whining noise [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone! When at idle, a whirring or 'rubbing' sound can be heard coming from the distrubutor harness. The sound comes and goes at idle, and may get loud. When moving, I don't hear it much. When the sound is heard, the distrubutor harness shakes somewhat. Power is good, no stalling,...

View more questions Search