Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CantLetGo1227 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2008, 06:30 PM
    9 Months and I lost it with OCD
    Hello, This is my first post, I have been clicking around this site for a few months, its is very useful and helpful and now I find myself with a question, so I hope I can receive some help

I dated a girl for 9 months and it recently took a turn for the worst. I met her through my younger brothers girlfriend, it was a random oh hey nice to meet you sort of deal and then it turned into so much more. I am currently 23, and my ex girlfriend is 17. Yes I understand there is a significant difference in age but to me, it was just a number. I have always been the single guy just out there having fun and not wanting to have a relationship, until I met this girl. We had an instant bond, a connection like no other and it seemed so perfect. I met her parents expecting the worst because of my age and because I have a few tattoos, and it actually went very well.

We started dating a little bit over a month after we had met, we were so into one another, everything was always smiling and such, like it seemed too good to be true, but it went so well. I would say 6 months into the relationship, there seemed to be somewhat of a drastic change, suddenly the little cute gestures weren't around any longer, but it seemed to be a constant fight. When I say it was a fight, I'm not saying like a huge ordeal over something, but it was a small argument that I myself couldn't let go, or look past. I fell in love with this girl, I'm 23 and I've dated and this is the first girl I've fallen in love with, and we stayed together, we seemed to work out our issues with conversation, but like I said, the littlest things were still boiling up in my head and never went away. We recently broke up and to be honest, it was the hardest thing to deal with. She told me numerous times "I love you, and i love bein with you, but i dont want this relationship anymore". Now when I heard that numerous times, its like OK you want me but no relationships, but she would say I can't have both so I need to let you go completely. I was bummed out, we hung out a few times after we "broke up" and every time, it seemed perfect, she was all kissy and lovey dovey, yet every time we ended the night, it was back to the "i love you but can't be with you" type thing.

It recently took a turn for the worst, we continued to talk on and off and then I receive an email from her mother telling me that I'm a good guy, she trusted me but not to speak with her anylonger because it is going to turn into harassment. I saw this and my heart dropped. It was like OK were still on good terms and suddenly its gone to hell and I can't speak with her any longer? I talked to the ex about it and she said herself to leave her alone, she's done, doesn't ever see us working out again, and I need to move on... So what happened? Im standing here in a state of shock where no matter what I say to her, she gets mad at me and says to leave her alone!

I went to the doctor the other day for myself, because I felt as if there was something going on chemically in my mind, where I had no control over my emotions, or things I say, because after they happen, I look back and say, what the hell was I thinking, but I get depressed about it because I have no idea why I did it in the first place. The doctor gave me numerous tests and I spoke with him for quite some time and he informed me that I have OCD, "obsessive compulsive dis-order" And to be honest with you, I kind of had a feeling about this when my ex and I were together. It all came back to the arguments that I couldn't drop, or the trust issues I had for no real reason, the OCD that I had developed seemed to have ruined my relationship!

I spoke with her about it and explained it to her and she told me not to use it as an excuse because I still did it, and yes I did, but I feel as if I had no control, So I'm asking whoever would like to respond to my somewhat screwed up story, what am I supposed to do when the girl I love no longer wants me around, and won't forgive me... but it wasn't really me when I was upset and we fought, but it was more of the OCD that ruined this, any suggestions? Thank You
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Get this under control, with the help of your doctor, before you get into a relationship with anyone, as you have already seen, it can destroy any relationship you have.
    CantLetGo1227 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Yes I do need to find control in myself. I went to the doctor again and I need to see a psychologist so that I can be placed on the right medication. Its unfortunate that this happened to me, it seemed as if it was just a trust issue, but it was so much more deeper then that. I found myself fighting with my insides to hold back getting mad and saying things I didn't mean. Its always as if it took over my mind where I was this good guy and then suddenly the devil came around. I lost this relationship and the girl now wants no contact with me because of this this order. I was brought up in a very good home, I was always respected and always the "ladies man" but this took over me and I lost my girlfriend, and I hurt a lot of innocent people around me, and I felt it wasn't me, but nobody will forgive me, it shouldn't have gotten to this point.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2008, 05:55 PM
    For all you went through, don't feel guilty. Forgive yourself, and give yourself time to adjust, and improve, and start enjoying life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost my virginity a couple months ago do I need to. [ 5 Answers ]

Start seeing an obgyn because everyone tells me once I have sex I need to see one is this true? Is it necessary.. and if I did would my parents find out I had sex I'm only 17 and they don't know and I don't want them to find out because of the circumstances. Do I need to make an appoinment? Or not

7 months on F1; 2 months on OPT; 3 months on H1B - what tax form should I Use? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, 1. I am Indian Citizen 2. I am single 3. I was in school from July 2005 to May 2007. I graduated from school in May 2007. 4. I started working from August 13, 2007. a) First on, OPT until September 30, 2007 b) then on H1B visa from October 1, 2007 to December 31, 2007 (Still working)...

Do you think you I have OCD? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if I have OCD? Well mostly when anybody I know says they are mad at me I freak out never stop thinking about try to fix it no matter what even if I can live without the person when its over but I can't stand haven people mad at me even joking about mad at me I kind of obsess...

Do I have OCD? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm a 19 year old male. Four years ago at the age of 15, I did something really really stupid. Although I regretted doing it, I never dwelled on it too long and realized that I made a mistake and just moved on. About three weeks ago, the thought just randomly popped in my head, and I haven't...

View more questions Search