Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loveishard Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2008, 11:56 AM
    confused, stuck between the guy i love and the guy i like
    OK so I've been dating this guy for almost 9 months, and our relationship really hasn't been the best ( cheating involved), well ever since like the 3rd or 4th month of our relationship me and one of his guy friends have been kind of flirty.. we text each other randomly and when me and my boyfriend broke up a few times he tried to hang out with me and told people he likes me.. and I guess its kind of apparent that I like him to... but I love my boyfriend now.. well I think I do at least... there's been a lot of going on in our relationship. And I don't know what to do.. if I should just break it off with him cause I'm having these thoughts about another guy.. or just stick to the saying " dont leave the one u love for the one u like"
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Does your boyfriend sense that maybe you treat the friend more like he would like to be treated?
    Maybe things aren't so great with you and your boyfriend because he sees you act differently when you are around the other guy.
    If you leave your boyfriend that does not guarantee that you can run to this other guy and expect open arms. He may like you on the flirty basis but not be interested if he sees you want more.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 29, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Your having those feelings because your still mad about his cheating, as you haven't gotten over it quite yet, but your afraid to be alone, and wonder if this new guy will work out. The best thing to do is break it off with your b/f, and then do whatever you want. The way it looks now, is your willing to cheat on him out of revenge or something, so if you have to sink to his level, then that's not healthy.
    The_Nice_Guy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Well I guess I would go about this from my point of view.

Im with this girl now and we COMPLETELY love each other.

Were that couple you know you'll meet at the 20 year high school reunion still happily married.

I would never cheat on her but if she found out if I did, if wouldve been done right there, and honestly if you are having trouble deciding whether to stay with this guy over some flirt you have, then why are you even still with him?

I say just move on...
    o NitSuA o Posts: 47, Reputation: 0

Mar 30, 2008, 04:30 PM
    I say move on as well. Personally when cheating gets involved w/o kids it means the relationship should be over. Its not like you are going to marry your current b.f are you?
    loveishard Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by o NitSuA o
    i say move on as well. personally when cheating gets involved w/o kids it means the relationship should be over. its not like you are going to marry your current b.f are you?

That's true were not going to get married , he's 17 I'm 16, but the thing is he's going on a family trip with me in June to California for 2 weeks..

I tried to break it off with him last night, and he kept insisting that we talk, like talk everything out and he wouldn't like leave my house until he knew things were OK..

But like I can't find myself trusting him at all or ever forgiving him for what he did to me..
    So its like a crappy situation that I kow I shouldn't be in but I'm in it cause I do love him..
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 04:44 PM
    I tried to break it off with him last night, and he kept insisting that we talk,
    I hope you understand you have caved to his pressure, and he has ignored your wishes to get his way. Does this sound like love, or control?
    depressedhelp Posts: 91, Reputation: 3

Mar 31, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Ok. My Outlook On This Is.
    When You Love Someone.
    That's Ur One And Only.
    Now If U Or Him Cheated.
    [[IDK who Cheated on who, OR both.]
    But, Whoever Did Cheat.
    Was Either Having regrets.
    Problems. Or not likign the relationship anymore.
    If this guy you "like" "likes" you bak.
    And you like him. I would say go for it.
    You never know.
    BUT.
    If You WOuld NVr EVEr give your Current
    Boyfriend Up 4 Anyone.
    Then He JUst Mayb The One.
    But From What I KNow.
    I don't Think Hes The One.
    o NitSuA o Posts: 47, Reputation: 0

Mar 31, 2008, 06:52 PM
    just say its over. There's no discussing it. If he doesn't cancel the family trip then you always can. Or be friends and not worry about it =)
    Uruha Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Apr 1, 2008, 06:04 PM
    1: if you love him, you wouldn't want to leave him for cheating, although you feel you should
    2: I honestly think you should leave him, if he cheated in the first place, what makes you think he loves you in return

If he begs and pleads it doesn't matter, I let a guy I dumped run my life. When I dumped him, he wouldn't leave me alone, and I ended up taking him back, then he left me. I honestly have to say it wasn't worth it, but I was drunk when I took him back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New guy said I love you and I am confused. [ 5 Answers ]

OK guys, I need your advice please. I started seeing this new boy that I really like. He just ended a relationship with his ex and everything is fine. We both like each other, no doubt about that but every time I ask him about what he wants out of this, his response is I really like you and I don't...

This Guy is Stuck in my head!--is it love? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi people, I really do think I'm in love here.. I mean this guy is perfect! Sweet, charming, cute, just adorably awesome! I truly think he's the one.. he gives me butterflies-he sits by me everyday-he IM's me everyday-when he sings he makes me all happy and tingly-hes just so nice to me-yet like...

Female likes guy stuck in friendzone (for a friend irl.) [ 5 Answers ]

A friend of mine has been in my ear for the past few months Starting in January telling me how she knows this guy and he has been one of her best friends and that they're really close and trust each other implicitly and she thinks potentially it could turn into something more, What she'd...

Confused about this guy [ 1 Answers ]

Firstly hi! Now here's my problem - there's this guy at work, we've known each other for about a year and a half but never really said more than 'hi' because at the time I was in a 2 year relationship and my boyfriend didn't like me talking to this other guy. He probably saw him as a threat...

Very Confused Guy [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. 3 years ago I became friends with a girl. We became very close and developed feelings for each other and remained awesome friends. Through many trials, we really grew close love got strong. She was forced to move away with her family and I had no say in the matter( she was 19 and I was 24...

View more questions Search