Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JamesTough Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Air Conditioner Remote Control
    I have Carrier 24000btu Spilt units in my motel. They have remote controls to turn on or off, control temp and so on. They work great but every now and them some stup checks in and starts pressing buttons like crazy and the units freeze up and quit working. I then have to turn off the breaker and reset the unit.
    Is there any where I can get a simple remote with only ON, OFF and Temp Control?
    Or any other ideas out there?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 08:02 PM
    No universal remote for that system your stuck with that style remote for that system. You can set the remote to sense air temp at the wall unit and not the remote and then hide the remote or just tell them hands off. I personally would go with the hands off.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 08:28 PM
    I'm assuming they are infrared.

Possibilities:
    1) Take apart the remote and use paint on the contacts to render the undesired buttons inoperable.
    2) Use a learning TV remote and program cha up/ch dn and on off to activate the AC.
    3) Have somebody re-package the remote's guts into another case with say a membrane switch. Example: Membrane Switch - Nameplates, Membrane, Switches, Rapid Prototype. It's possible that the modification could be non destructive to the original remote. These http://www.e-switch.com/pdf/TL3302.pdf are probably too small for individual switches. They are available in small quantities from Digi-Key Corporation - USA Home Page.

How many remotes are you talking about?
    JamesTough Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Yes it is infrared. It is a total of 15 remotes.
    I kind of like the paint on the contacts idea.

Might try it tomorrow morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit [ 3 Answers ]

Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?

Code 33 air conditioner blows warm air [ 2 Answers ]

a/c blows warm air.. I checked and replaced my filters and vents(as best I could).is there another way or better yet. Can someone pont me in the right direction for other things to check... the blower and everything else appears to be working fine. The wheel spins.. Any help or guidance would be...

View more questions Search