Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sankari_h Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 04:19 AM
    Should I give some mote time to try my marriage life
    Hi,
    I got married 2 yrs back. Till now I have not raised family life with my husband. He is not moving close to me. He is very specific in repeating I am not the wife he expected.
    He rarely speaks to me. We have spent little time together in sharing thoughts.
    I was very caring for him. I did my maximum to change myself to his level of expectations but not successful thoroughly.
    Now I am at my parents place as he do not want to see my face anymore.
    Till date I am able to identify why is he like that?

Will he change. Should I wait for him or part him permanently.

I am emotionally disturbed a lot. I still love him lot & I miss him lot.
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Mar 14, 2008, 09:11 AM
    I am so sorry to hear about your situation, it sounds very difficult. I have to ask why all of this came up after you were married? Did you now know each other very well? Did he know what your expectations, future plans and goals, wants and needs were, and you his?

In addition, he sounds awful if he speaks to you and addresses you in this manner. That alone needs to change right away. I think the two of you really should go and talk to somebody, sooner than later.

I am not the expert with this type of thing and I do hope one or more of our relationship experts offers some ideas for you. I do hope you can find some suggestions helpful and then utilize them to help fix what is obviously broken in your relationship.
    LifePaparazzi Posts: 86, Reputation: 9

Mar 14, 2008, 11:46 PM
    Hello Sankari, I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and hope I'm right. But it almost sounds like you ended up in arranged marriage. While these are very traditional, and culturally correct in many parts of the world, these types of marriages are usually not very happy ones While there are certainly exceptions to the case.

Be that as it may, you sound rather desperate. Now given the fact that I am in no way an expert on relationships, I still see where you are coming from. You see, when I was 24, I met a man at my place of work. We went out a few times, even though my family would never accept him, due to religious issues.

When my parents found out, they issues an ultimatum of, either him or us. Well, I choose the man. I told myself that I would really love him, and I still do this day. But we were totally wrong for each other.

My ex-husband made me feel ugly and kept pointing out my flaws. He woud compare me to other women and constantly told me how I was not a good wife to him. But lets fast forward a bit. It took me 8 years to finally gather the courage to divorce him. Even though I worked and paid for almost all we owned, I just walked away with what I could load in to my vehicle and he got the rest.

Today I am happily re-married (something I thought I would never do) to the man of my dreams (well close anyway LOL) It was very hard at first, to struggle on my own. But it also did not take me long to discover that I was a beautiful woman, with a lot of good qualities. I learned that I was a prize to be treasured.

Don't get me wrong, I still loved my ex. and some part of me will always love what we once had. But my life with my ex. Was just pure missery, and I have learned that life is to short to be misserable. Only you can change your happyness.

In closing, keep in mind that you can not chage anyone in to something you want. Just as you can not really change yourself in to something that you are not, and expect to be happy. Now while I am in no way saying that you should run out and get a divorce, please just consider these few thoughs.

Hope they might help.
    Regards,
    LifePaparazzi
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 06:16 AM
    He is the one with the problem.
    It takes two to make a marriage work
    He wants you to change for him
    Marriage is about working things out and compromise.
    He has the wrong idea of how a marriage works.
    He is treating it more like a business arrangement
    He is the boss and you are the lowly employee and
    You have to work your way up the 'marriage ladder'

I bet he was no prize-winner himself.
    You can do better find somebody that loves you for you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chevy mote carlo [ 11 Answers ]

I recentrly replaces a radiator on my 1995 chevy motecarlo 3.1 engine the issue that I am having is that the low coolant light on the dash board comes on and off periodically I check the level of the coolant and it is normal why is it the low coolant light in the dash board keeps coming on and off.

Marriage life [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My name is hema, I am married my marriage was arranged marriage but we are like lovers. Can you tell me my husband loving me from his heart?

89 civic dx does not give sign of life [ 1 Answers ]

ok i have and 89 civic dx hatchback the car wont start i changed the main relay and the switch but still wont start i know the battery is good because the lights and the stereo go on and stuff but when i turn the key to "on" nuttin happens no crankin no nuttin..please guys i really need to get it...

My life is a mess! Can somebody give me a hand? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 37 years old and live in Switzerland and California as often as I can. Almost 2 years ago I met an American and we fell in love. (well, at least I fell in love, I'm not sure if he did, even though he told me so). We kept contact all the time but couldn't meet as often as we wanted to. I...

Will I wait for his marriage or give it up? [ 6 Answers ]

Whenever I need something to figure out, I pray. If I have decisions to make, I try to pray. But now that I am getting older, I still have problem on distinguishing answers to my prayer. I am confused. I want to get married soon and have my own family but my boyfriend of tow years seem to keep on...

View more questions Search