Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ultrajoker Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2008, 07:03 AM
    Exterior door In brick- Can I reduce wood frame thickness
    I Have an exterior door leading into my basement. It is in a cinderblock foundation. The door frame is built out of 2x can I rip it out and replace it with 1x pt to mount a new pre hung door? Thanks in advance.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Mar 8, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Yes you can use a 3/4 board as a fastner, you may have to angle your nails to hit it. As long as the brick molding will catch the 3/4 board it will be fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing exterior brick. [ 7 Answers ]

We are currently trying to sell my great uncle's home. The foundation is fine but the exterior brick has settled about 1-2inches. We have looked into hiring a contractor to jack the brick up, but we're worreid about cracking. Our estimates have been between $14-18,000. So, instead... could we...

How do you replace a exterior door frame? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you replace a exterior doorframe?

32 exterior door [ 10 Answers ]

Hello All, I scored an awesome deal the other day. I bought an 32 in exterior door, got it home and realized it is a 6 1/2 jamb for a 2x6 opening. I have 2x4 framing. So I need to make this fit. Where can I get another 2 inches at ? Should I rip cut a couple of 2x4's and add to the...

Repairing exterior door frame only [ 1 Answers ]

We had a customer use force to try and open a locked exterior door and broke the frame. The maintenance man did not know how to fix this and took a section of the frame off to repair, and now cannot get it put back together.

View more questions Search