Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sidamb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Getting divorced and dating
    Hi! This is my first time to this site and have had a horrible day. (YEAR) I am currently separated and have been dating someone. Well, he broke up with me today. WE have had this amazing relationship. He tells me that he has never felt this away about anyone and one day wants to marry me.
    Well, I do have 2 small children which of course he knows about. Well, he tells me that the reason he is breaking up with me is because: 1) I am not getting divorced fast enough. He thinks that I am dragging my feet and 2)he is afraid to get close to my children because his last relationship had children involved. He doesn't want to ever hurt my children or himself if something happens to us.

I am absoltely devastated and was shocked with this break up. The one person I could trust and count on has left me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Sorry but he is giving excuses not telling you the truth, he does not want to hurt the kids, ( pure bull excuse)
    Not getting divorced fast enough ( OK, you should not have really dated till you were divorced) but he did not have an issue dating you while you were not divorced yet, so if he really loved you, that would not be the issue either.

There has to be more to why, don't know, maybe it does not matter, but it sounds like he was being nice and trying to give you nice reasons and things you can'[t control as the reasons
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 6, 2008, 09:25 PM
    If you want to know the truth, what are you doing in a relationship, when your still married? Please don't say your one of those people who needs someone to make them happy? How about some more info, before I jump to conclusions here.
    JL FANATIC Posts: 40, Reputation: 7

Mar 4, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Im 27. Go back to your husband, if anything he still loves you. I am separated from my Fiancé and I'm hoping that she comes back to me, and I would be devistated to hear her talk like that about someone else besides me. Please try and work it out for your family.
    CrystalAngel Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 08:34 AM
    How long were you dating? If you are getting divorced it can take time. You can still date, just because you jave a bit of paper saying you are still married does not mean it is still so in life if you've been split for ages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Any thoughts on dating for 41 year old divorced dad? [ 20 Answers ]

I want to get some feedback about a personal situation. I'm divorced for over 7 years. Never been in a relationship since the split-up. I have a 10 year old son who makes me incredibly happy! I see my son often but he does not live with me. I live about an hour away. I want to move...

Just divorced and want to start dating [ 3 Answers ]

I recently divorced and I think I want to start dating. Is it too soon?

Married in California, divorced in Spain. How do I get divorced in CA? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in California in 1998 and moved to Spain where I got divorced in 2005 under Spain's Law. I've tried contacting the US consulate to validate my divorce, but they referred me to the County I got married in. The County has no clue, they tell me to show up there. How can I validate my...

Desperate, dating a 30s divorced man [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm latin-american and I know this guy since last summer. We began to date in January 2007. I'm 22, he's 34 years-old. He's divorced since 3 yrs ago. We made a connection, but after my first time havin' sex with him, he ran to the shower leavin' me on the bed. I felt very bad and when he...

View more questions Search