Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wannabehappy Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 03:20 PM
    date a guy who my ex knows.
    hi! My ex boyfriend broke up with me 2 mounths ago, and I'm finally getting better... I found someone we already knew but never be friends.. just said hello,goodbye. I always told my ex I think that guy was cute. Now I'm chatting with him, also have his cellphone number and I thinks he's having some interet in me. He's nice, but I'm thinking a lot about it.. he's 7 years older than me (I'm 23, he's 30) and I know that if I date him, it will probabily be in a bar where the probability of find my ex or friends are large... I'm confused! The problem is that my ex and this one are both musicians and my ex use to go see the other one play in bars, even if they aren't friend... it's strange!
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Feb 28, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Slow down. You are just getting better from your last relationship and as a result you shouldn't be jumping into another one anytime soon. Give it some time and let things flow naturally. To answer your question, I don't see anything wrong in the age difference or the fact that your ex use to see him play music. If their not friends then don't worry about getting your ex angry, he has no control over you and you can date who ever you want. However, I still want to caution you to take things slow. There should be no hurry to find someone else.
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Feb 28, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Why do you care that you may run into your out boyfriend? If you new boyfriend doesn't know who your ex was tell him, and continue about your business.

If you feel that you will hold back or act differently when you get in the same room with this ex boyfriend then you are not ready over him and its actually wrong to even be dating now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Is your town that small, or are you happy about running in the same circles. Why not stay single, and find a whole new circle? What's the hurry getting into another relationship. At least leave the musicians alone for a while.
    JL FANATIC Posts: 40, Reputation: 7

Feb 28, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Your asking for awkward situations to occur. You just might steer him away if you don't let him know what's on your mind. Trust and honesty you can start now.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Feb 28, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabehappy
    hi! my ex boyfriend broke up with me 2 mounths ago, and i'm finally getting better...i found someone we already knew but never be friends..just said hello,goodbye. i always told my ex i think that guy was cute. now i'm chatting with him, also have his cellphone number and i thinks he's having some interet in me. he's nice, but i'm thinking a lot about it..he's 7 years older than me (i'm 23, he's 30) and i know that if i date him, it will probabily be in a bar where the probability of find my ex or friends are large...i'm confused! the problem is that my ex and this one are both musicians and my ex use to go see the other one play in bars, even if they aren't friend...it's strange!

First because you just got out of a relationship you should take your time, there is nothing wrong with dating, and having friends, but take your time getting to know him, and there are other places to go out to with someone you want to take you serious besides the bar. Start with a lunch or something in a comfortable atmosphere or even dinner or something, because I don't see how you can have a civilized conversation in a loud bar. Just take your time being single is not a bad thing, being lonely is not a bad thing, sometimes your greatest innovations comes from being alone. Have friends, don't get caught up too soon into a new relationship... it will be a rebound..
    wannabehappy Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 06:35 AM
    I talked about go to that bar because the new guy asked me to go there.. but I didn't, I think it's not the best thing to do now. I'm taking my time... thanks a lot!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Guy acts different after 2nd date [ 12 Answers ]

Well, I'm a girl... and I really really really like this guy. He asked me on 2 dates... and the 2nd, he cuddled and held hands for about 2 hours straight... but ever since then, he's been acting differently. He calls me, but only talks for about 5 minutes, and when I call him he always says he'll...

When should a guy call after a First Date? [ 3 Answers ]

I felt the date I had on Thursday went very well with this pretty girl, she was smiling when I complimented her, she complimented me and brung up the topic of sex. We sat in the park and talked after we had coffee so now I'm just trying to figure out what do I now as far as calling her. I told...

I want to date this guy. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I posted this on another board and wanted to post it here as well to find out more opinions on this because I am completely confused by this... Ok so there is a guy I have been friends with at work for a long time and we started hanging out about a year ago. We would always talk at...

Ladies: What do you expect from a guy on your first/second date? [ 22 Answers ]

... and what should he expect from you? I'm asking this question in relation to a thread I posted in the Relationship Section, but I'm just curious from a female's perspective as to what you all expect from a guy you just met on your first and/or second and third dates. Do you expect the guy...

View more questions Search