Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arnavaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 05:26 AM
    Teen behaviour
    Hi,

I have a 14 year old son who tends to get rude and angry with me sometimes. He does not give me that amount of respect as he gives to his father. How do I deal with this. His father is not involved in his studies. And largely he is much closer to me that him
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Feb 28, 2008, 05:34 AM
    This is typical behaviour, because they spend more time with you they are always pushing barriers. And because you have to push him in studies and all the other boring stuff (as seen by him ie: chores etc) Dad's the fun person and us mums are the ones that are there to prevent them from having fun. I found that getting dad to help with home work and spend a bit more time on that front makes it a bit more balanced... its not fair that mums are always the ones that seem to get the brunt of it all!
    A quick question, when he does get angry and rude, how do you deal with it? He needs to know that its not acceptable, so whether this is reinforced by dad is up to you, it needs to be done in a subtle way though, not the whole "wait till your dad gets home" syndrome... there needs to be concequences for his actions... Does he ever appologize?
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 28, 2008, 05:55 AM
    I would try to spend more time with him let him know you are there to. Get more involved with what he does like his studies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cats behaviour [ 1 Answers ]

My cats are acting so weird lately, one has been peeing on our jackets if left on the floor or behind my sond hockey net that is down in the basement or on floor mats... the other one is constantly on our kitchen counter looking for food like he is starving or something... when we sit down to eat...

What does this behaviour mean? [ 11 Answers ]

I know I should just dump him technically speaking but when you love someone properly you seek out reasons for why he is acting a certain way etc. First off, I am pregnant - nearly 24 weeks gone and 26 yrs old, v miserable and alone, working my bum off in Ireland, to try and get money up for...

Consumer behaviour [ 1 Answers ]

What is the consumer behaviour?

Signs of behaviour [ 4 Answers ]

When you have been seeing a man a while and he say its just me and you sexually babes no one else in this then what happens is you have caught this man out arranging to meet another women you challenege him about this and get the answer no I wouldn't hve gone there.then said its getting to heavy...

Cat behaviour [ 1 Answers ]

I have a one year old spayed female calico cat. The cat has one terry cloth toy that she has been carrying upstairs to my bedroom, or depositing at my bedroom door quite frequently. Curious to know what type of behaviour this is. She doesn't bring it back down, however if I do, I usually...

View more questions Search