Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Braden23 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Feb 22, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Praying After a Break Up
    I am going through a break up with this girl that I work with and it's turned out to be more difficult than I thought. I realize that time is the only thing that's going to make things better. My question is, what should I pray for, how should I pray, and how do I let go and let God. I thought that I was doing okay with it and thought that I'd forgiven the girl, but I'm angry about the whole thing and have mean and negative thoughts that I can't seem to shake. I don't like being angry, I don't like being mean, and I don't want to feel like this, but I honestly can't help it. I've prayed for help controlling the thoughts, for help forgiving her, and for some kind of peace, but I can't seem to get it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can't seem to quit dwelling on it. Is this normal? Someone, please help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Often when we are hurt, this is normal, Pray for strength and pray for God's will to be done in your life, And often we have to work at it one day at a time, It is not easy but we can get though anything with God's help
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2008, 02:18 PM
    You have to express *out loud* your negative emotions to someone like a therapist or a trusted older person. The worst thing you can do is keep silent. Keeping emotions inside warps us human beings.

Get your emotions out by telling someone. :) Don't pretend that you are "strong"

Good Luck in 2008,
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 22, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Talking to a counselor or other person can really help. If it were me, I would ask God for strength to get through this, ask for help forgiving her, and for peace and love to be in my heart. It's always so hard when these things happen. Just remember that God has a plan for everyone, and even though it is hard now, someday you will understand why this happened. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you feel better soon! Would it help to talk to your minister about how you're feeling?
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 24, 2008, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Braden23
    I am going through a break up with this girl that I work with and it's turned out to be more difficult than I thought. I realize that time is the only thing that's going to make things better. My question is, what should I pray for, how should I pray, and how do I let go and let God. I thought that I was doing okay with it and thought that I'd forgiven the girl, but I'm angry about the whole thing and have mean and negative thoughts that I can't seem to shake. I don't like being angry, I don't like being mean, and I don't want to feel like this, but I honestly can't help it. I've prayed for help controlling the thoughts, for help forgiving her, and for some kind of peace, but I can't seem to get it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can't seem to quit dwelling on it. Is this normal? Someone, please help.

I can't tell you how to pray or what to pray for, but, maybe this is a time when you can spend more time praying / talking with God about what you feel. Like in the Psalms.
    I know that during the rough times in my life, it seemed like those were the best one on one times with God. And He always makes it work out in the end. I've always asked for help! Guidance, wisdom, patience, love, comfort. Blessed are the poor in spirit and those who mourn. I will pray for you.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Feb 24, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Just pray to him from your heart, let the tears flow and just cry out to him with all of your problems, bring all of your junk to him and he will help you to get through it.
    I would advise looking on the net for something called nooma with rob bell (I think that's his name) it is inspirational and it will help you.
    cess221026 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Last month I was feeling exactly like you, since then I have been talking to my priest and he is helping me a great deal. I still get angry at times but for 5months I was angry and crying every day several times a day but after sharing my situation with my priest I am in a much better place.
    trying4babykirk Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Feb 28, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Talk to someone you trust and get an accountabilty partner! Trust God that He is in control. Give it all to God! And try and fill your life with things that don't remind you of her, and hang out with supportive friends or family! (PUSH) Pray-Until-Something-Happens Good Luck.. I will say a prayer for you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should we always kneel when praying? [ 17 Answers ]

Is there a particular verse in the bible that says if we should kneel always when praying. I was brought up praying in no particular position. But my friend says that as christians, we should kneel when we pray like how muslims do when they pray. Is this founded in the bible? Im a roman catholic.

Praying for Divine Intervention [ 14 Answers ]

If as Christians we truly believe that God controls our destiny----controls the whole world actually and has the power to unleash natural disasters and plagues and that His will will always be done-----------Then why do we pray? If your days on this earth are numbered and your time is up what good...

Praying in church [ 28 Answers ]

Who do you pray to in church? Mary, God, Jesus?? I am a cradle catholic and have just become extremely interested in what I have been doing all my life. I know that Jesus is the son of God. Do you pray to Jesus, who took his life for us? Do you pray to Mary for she is the one that gave birth...

Praying mantis [ 1 Answers ]

Is it illegal to keep a praying mantis in pa

Praying for financial relief [ 6 Answers ]

I have been praying for financial relief. Will I get an answer?

View more questions Search