Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missmarple Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Invoice in Forms 2/3 items subtotal $ Total
    Hi there Whizids!
    Can anyone help me as Im at my wits end. I know it can be done but how?
    I have created a Table with 5 people. I have used autonumber and only want the one person to appear once in Forms where I have created calculated fields for Quantity price per unit and Total.
    But I would like to have more than one entry in this form e.g.. Two / 3 different items with a subtotal then vat and Final Total.
    Should I do it in Design view in Datasheet and how?
    That's briefly what I want If its not clear ask me and I am only too willing to oblige!
    Sylva Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 03:59 AM
    Your question is not clear but may suggest that you see the Orders Form in Northwind DB. It might help. Or you can try re-phrasing your question for clarity.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 29, 2008, 07:23 AM
    I agree with Sylva, what you are trying to do is not clear. It does sound like you are trying to do order entry so looking at the Northwinds sample should help.

What does your table structure look like?

Also you should not have calculated "fields". Calculations should not be stored, but done on the fly as needed.

Feb 29, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Thanks. Yes I know Shall I say, after creating a table with name, Desc. Quant. Price per Unit & Total. I go into forms run the wizard and then I will do the calculation in the Text box (source control) e.g.. For the Total I put =[PricePerUnit]*[Quantity]. That works fine, no problem there, but if I want 3 different items for the same person, 3 different records come up. I want only the Same person to have one record with the 3 items totalled on it. Hope that makes sense... Thanks or your time though.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 29, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Okay that helps and it makes it even more imperative for you to look at Northwinds.

An order entry app requires at least 4 tables:

TblCustomer
    CustomerID (Primary key Autonumber)
    CustName
    Address
    etc.

TblProduct
    ProductID (PK Autonumber)
    Desc
    UnitPrice

TblOrder
    OrderID (PK Autonumber)
    CustomerID (Foreign Key)
    OrderDate

TblOrderDetails
    OrderDetailID (PK Autonumber)
    OrderID (FK)
    ProductID (FK)
    Quanity
    UnitPrice

By linking the detail record to the order record through the OrderID, you restrict the detail items to those items for that order. The customer is then linked to the order by the customerID so you know what customer made the order.

Feb 29, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Hi there ScottGem
    That really is too complicated for me! I will check out the Northwinds as you suggested though. Thanks again for you valuable time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invoice total [ 4 Answers ]

Do you include shipping on your invoice total. Example: Quantity Unit Descrption Unit Price 150 ea. Calculator 10.63 150 ea. ...

Access 2003 Create invoice in Forms with 2 more items [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there Whizids! Can anyone help me as Im at my wits end. I know it can be done but how? I have created a Table with 5 people. I have used autonumber and only want the one person to appear once in Forms where I have created calculated fields for Quantity price per unit and Total. But I would...

Mechandising of invoice prices [ 3 Answers ]

Merchandise with an invoice price of $4000 is purchased on June 2 subject to terms of 2/10, n/30, fob destination. Transportation costs paid by the seller totaled $150. What is the cost of the merchandise if paid by June 12, assuming the discount is taken? My answer is $3920 with the 20%...

View more questions Search