Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Feb 19, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Sometimes, people need to hear the harsh, blunt truth to get it through their heads. Lets hope this helps justme005. If you want to get better from your sickness, you have to cure it! And if you wanted it cured, this forum would have ended ALONG time ago. It's obvious it's only going to get worse, might as well try to fix the problem before it gets to that point. We can only do so much, you have to do the rest, and that would be to get help.
    justme005 Posts: 200, Reputation: 7

Feb 19, 2008, 09:20 PM
    I am getting help.
    Cheshire2008 Posts: 74, Reputation: 17

Feb 20, 2008, 06:35 AM
    I echo J9's sentiments This thread can go on 4 ever with the same result.

Feb 22, 2008, 05:27 PM
    My advisor has been calling me every day since I told him my problem to check in w. me. I think this is very nice of him. I will meet up w. him Monday to talk and we will go from there. I had a good 2 nites of no drinking and then last night I blew it by having a black out. So.. I decided to write in a journal everyday since my thoughts are so confused when I'm sober. I have lack of energy and motivation when I'm sober. I feel worthless and hopeless. But I know I am not. Its just a feeling.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Alcohol is a depressant!! Your supposed to feel bad.

Feb 24, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Okk so what r your thoughts on the dietary supplement melatonin? It helps w. sleeping... think I shoud try it out, its over the counter.
    Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Stop drinking, and you'll sleep like a baby, and wake up refreshed. Nice try, to change the focus.

Feb 24, 2008, 11:51 AM
    I have trouble sleeping if I don't drink though...
    Expert

Feb 24, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Could it be you are passing out? The last thing you need before going to bed is a drink. Your body rhythm is all screwed up, and you need to clean your system out, and get back in rhythm

Feb 24, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Okkk I'm starting tonight. I have a ton of hw anyway so I won't be able to party until like next weekend maybe.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Just checking up - how you doing? Did you get the help that you need?

Mar 4, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Hey... thanks for checking up! So here's the deal... haha... umm I told my advisor about 3 weeks ago that I think I may be getting off track and I have an alcohol issue. Once I told him I drank for 19 nites in a row and told him the situation he "was concerned about me". So he told me to try and stop for a week and see if I see any red flags (not sleeping, heart racing) all signs of addiction. He called me every day for a week to see how I was doing. After that we just met up on Monday Friday of the next week. He says I need to get some help. I made a promise of not drinking for a week and I drank for like 2 or 3 nites out of the week... so he said he was not convinced I could do it and was very concerned. I told him some sypmtons I was having and he said they were not good. But I told him I was OK and I could do it on my own, I know I could. So we left off that I am not drinking this week. I will meet up w. him Friday. If I break my promise again I have to get help for sure. If not I do not know what he will tell me... ill have to wait and see. So far I am doing good. No drinking Sunday night or Monday night. So I got to make it till Friday. He has been so nice to me and sometimes I regret he knows the real me. He is my advisor and he's an important person in my educational future. Well now he knows what I am going through and hopefully can help me out a bit.

Thanks for your concern ill let you know how my week is going!

Mar 7, 2008, 11:27 PM
    If anyone is still out there...

As we all know I always have blackouts when I drink. My head has been hurting so bad all the time now? Do you think somehting is wrong w. me and my body? I am so tired of this!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2008, 05:51 AM
    Are you still drinking?

Mar 10, 2008, 06:58 AM
    Yes but not everyday...
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2008, 07:03 AM
    DARLIN! You're not going to stop blacking out, having headaches, losing time until you stop drinking! It's that simple!

Yes, there is something wrong with your body. But I can't tell you if you have irreparable damage to your kidneys or other organs, I can tell you that you're on your way to passing the point of no return.

Honey, you have just got to stop. Having a counselor to help you is a great step, but its not going to help anything if you don't choose to stop.

Mar 10, 2008, 04:24 PM
    I know... he's beeen really helpful.. he gave me this sheet survey thing today and told me to fill it out in my spare time. I just did it and of course it says I have a drinking problem. Now tell me something I don't know! Haha. Anyway, we will see what happens. I leave the country to greece on thurs for 10 days so thatll cheer me up! Haha
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Greece sounds very nice. Why not take these 10 days and not drink - get it out of your system. You'll be away from your normal crowd... this may be your best chance to start your recovery...

Mar 11, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Yea maybe... I've been thinking about this so much and I've come to the conclusion that I cannot do this on my own like I've been saying. I just cant. I need help. I don't know what to do though. I wish this would just go away. I can never sleep if I don't drink. I feel paraluyzed in my sleep, I sweat like no other, I'm jittery. I'm talking to my advisor when I get bak and admitting I want help and don't know how to and don't really want to. Ahhh! My life is scaring me.
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 04:02 AM
    Good. I'm glad you've realized that you need help.

Its up to you. I still believe in you, but you must make the decision.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Drunk [ 1 Answers ]

A completely inebriated man walked into a bar and, after staring for some time at the only woman seated at the bar, walked over to her, placed his hand up her skirt and began fondling her. She jumped up and slapped him silly. He immediately apologized and explained, "I'm sorry. I thought you...

Having a hard time losing weight again, any ideas are appreciated [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22/5'4/235 lbs I really never even dreamed of getting overweight like this, but here I am now. Back in High school I was a huge workout addict, everyday I would lift/cardio for 8 hour sessions. But now I have a daughter and didn't work and didn't have time to exercise, so now I'm extremely...

Losing weight in a short amount of time? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to lose weight but I can't seem to lose it as fast as I started to a month ago. I wanted to lose weight for the summer but summer is almost here what can I do??

Losing a long time friend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi last September I lost contact with my best friend of 4+ years over something so stupid. It would take down forever to write what happened but I'll try and write something brief: Basically it started because me and another friend of ours was invited out by some old school m8s last minute. She...

Drunk Problems [ 9 Answers ]

My friend Drew is mad at me. On Friday of last week there was a party he and I were invited to. I didn’t go knowing there would be alcohol. He did unfortunately. Well he got drunk and made out with his now ex-girlfriend’s now ex-best friend. She was at a party with me that we knew no alcohol would...

View more questions Search