Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 08:45 PM
    I'm about ready to unsubscribe from this thread. I can go to any bar on any day of the week and watch as some woman gets drunk and whores around... there is a reason I don't though... I find those skanks repulsive. I don't need to invite them into my home to read about them on here.

Enjoy your life as well as whatever problems you encounter.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 08:59 PM
    I know how you feel, oneguy. What else can anyone possibly say? The ball is in her court.
    justme005 Posts: 200, Reputation: 7

Feb 17, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Everyone.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 06:26 AM
    So? How's the head this morning? Stomach?

Is today the day you're going to get help?
    Cheshire2008 Posts: 74, Reputation: 17

Feb 18, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Just me
    You have been discussing this since January and you still have not spoken to anyone.
    We are just a board You need a live fesh and blood sponsor. The rest of your life is waiting. You need to take action not tomorrow not maybe you need to do this. We cannot sit here and watch you slip over and over and say it is OK. What are you afraid of?
    The council you seek is in front of you. Talk to someone let them in. they will show compassion. No one will think less of you I promise. I am sure they will want to help as much as we have all wanted to help you.

Feb 18, 2008, 05:33 PM
    OK folks.. I did something rite for a change. I told my advisor. It was weird and scary but I feel better... he's like, why did you want to tel me? And I was like I think it be a god idea to talk to someone and I was told to do so by some friends. So he's like don't drink tonight.. try and stop and check for red flags. Such as, not lseeping, shaking, heart racing. He wants to check bak in w. me on Friday after class. You think this was an OK idea? Even though he's my teacher and advisor he's easy for me to talk to and stuff... and it's a way for me to vent to someone in person.

OK I haven't eaten today and its 7:30pm... holy god. I got to get on that!

Thank you all!
    YOU ROCK!

Feb 18, 2008, 06:11 PM
    It's a start and see it wasn't so bad. Now you need a professional who can help you with your problem someone who has experience. I hope you will pursue this and be as honest as possible
    Best wishes

Feb 18, 2008, 06:23 PM
    What you mean professional? He is a professional therapist... hopefully I work things out. I do have alcohol in my fridge though and I was told not to drink tonight... this will be a challenge

Feb 18, 2008, 06:26 PM
    What kind of therapist is he? There are many different kinds and they have different specialtys.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Feb 18, 2008, 06:27 PM
    Yes, I do agree. I think you should seek some professional help as well. All in all, I wish you the best of luck with your addiction. And if I were you, I would throw that alcohol out.

Feb 18, 2008, 06:51 PM
    He is a music therapist... he's got his dr. he helps all kinds of people.. and music therpy is used in rehabs and w. drugs so...

Feb 18, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Have you thought about going to AA meetings?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 07:02 PM
    At an early stage of stoping, having it anywhere in the house, as a challenge is seriously dangerious, there should not be any in the house and you can call and talk to someone, if you feel like going out to get it.

Please consider a AA program with experienced drinking couselors.

Feb 18, 2008, 07:23 PM
    I see... I haven't opened the bottle yet so...

Feb 18, 2008, 07:25 PM
    But do you still have alcohol around you?

Feb 18, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Yehhhh...

I was just thinking about this... can my advsor get me in toruble since he knows I'm not 21... he said he thinks it will be OK but he has to check some legal issues first.. I don't know what this means.. now I'm scared.. maybe this was a bad in idea.

Feb 19, 2008, 04:54 PM
    My throat is so sore... but a weird sore.. like I'm not sick... I'm just tired, not eating and have a slight headache. Cold coming on? Ahhhhhh! Lol
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 06:50 PM
    How long has it been since you had a drink? Now tell truthfully.
    susangpyp Posts: 258, Reputation: 73

Feb 19, 2008, 07:15 PM
    It sounds as if you are starting to have trouble drinking and it's only going to get worse. You really need to read up on alcoholism and see if you fit the profile because social drinkers don't really black out. Go to a few AA meetings and identify, don't compare. It's only going to get worse so be careful.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 08:24 PM
    Apparently you are not ready for help yet. We have tried until we have beat our heads into a brick wall, yet you don't listen.

This is going to sound harsh, and yes, I mean it to be. We have tried here to help you, but you need more help than we can give.

Either sh!t or get off the pot. By that I mean either get help or don't it's your choice.

Some people have unsubscribed from this post because they are tired of giving you advice and you not taking it.

Be a drunk if you want, get kidney failure, cirrhosis of the liver if you want. We have tried, but you don't listen.

Is it a joke to you? Are you playing us? Are you having fun? Or is this a real problem? Do I smell a troll?

This is post 180 and you have done nothing to help yourself, but we have taken our time to help you. What more do you want from us? We can't come to your house and pour out the liquor, put out the joint... that is something you have to do.

So, again, tell us... what more do you want us to do? The decision to keep drinking or stop is yours, and yours alone. There is nothing more we can do for you.

THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Drunk [ 1 Answers ]

A completely inebriated man walked into a bar and, after staring for some time at the only woman seated at the bar, walked over to her, placed his hand up her skirt and began fondling her. She jumped up and slapped him silly. He immediately apologized and explained, "I'm sorry. I thought you...

Having a hard time losing weight again, any ideas are appreciated [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22/5'4/235 lbs I really never even dreamed of getting overweight like this, but here I am now. Back in High school I was a huge workout addict, everyday I would lift/cardio for 8 hour sessions. But now I have a daughter and didn't work and didn't have time to exercise, so now I'm extremely...

Losing weight in a short amount of time? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to lose weight but I can't seem to lose it as fast as I started to a month ago. I wanted to lose weight for the summer but summer is almost here what can I do??

Losing a long time friend [ 3 Answers ]

Hi last September I lost contact with my best friend of 4+ years over something so stupid. It would take down forever to write what happened but I'll try and write something brief: Basically it started because me and another friend of ours was invited out by some old school m8s last minute. She...

Drunk Problems [ 9 Answers ]

My friend Drew is mad at me. On Friday of last week there was a party he and I were invited to. I didn’t go knowing there would be alcohol. He did unfortunately. Well he got drunk and made out with his now ex-girlfriend’s now ex-best friend. She was at a party with me that we knew no alcohol would...

View more questions Search