Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Jan 29, 2008, 05:23 PM
    No water pressure
    I have no water pressure ecept for the faucet in my bathroom. The shower my washer and my kitchen have no pressure. I have checked for leaks cannot find any. My meter is not running when water is off so therefore I have no leaks. I do have city water and really need some help can anyone direct me in the next move??
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 29, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Start with the aerators on the kitchen sink. Here, you should be able to remove the aerator at end of kitchen sink faucet spout either by rotating/unscrewing clockwise by hand or by way of a pair of pliers (be careful not to bite down to hard or will mar finish).

Then, remove pieces inside (remember order removed.. will need to replace in exact order later) and clean of any debris. Then put all back in reverse order. Turn on faucet and see what happens.

If this fixed it... you will need to go to your washing machine and shut off hot and cold water and then remove the hoses from the washing machine... then clean the screens inside the hose ends or the washing machine ends... if you do not find any screens then will need to remove hoses from the washing machine valve and see if the strainers are there (or again inside the hose ends) . BUT all this is IF the aerator cleaning did any good at kitchen sink faucet.

If all above worked, then remove shower head and see if screen clogged there.. may need to go deeper here... get back to us on it.

I am thinking maybe your lines have gotten clogged with sediment.. did not affect bath sink... but all else.. happens sometimes. Sometimes, city/town will purge fire hydrants and this can cause issues with city system and unleash all kinds of sediment that clog stuff... see if neighbors have same problem..?

Anyway, this is just a first thought... If you have had any plumbing done as of late let us know.. if not... try these things first and get back to us. Good luck!

If answer helped please rate the answer below. Thank you.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Feb 5, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008
    Start with the aerators on the kitchen sink. Here, you should be able to remove the aerator at end of kitchen sink faucet spout either by rotating/unscrewing clockwise by hand or by way of a pair of pliers (be careful not to bite down to hard or will mar finish).

Then, remove pieces inside (remember order removed..will need to replace in exact order later) and clean of any debris. Then put all back in reverse order. Turn on faucet and see what happens.

If this fixed it...you will need to go to your washing machine and shut off hot and cold water and then remove the hoses from the washing machine...then clean the screens inside the hose ends or the washing machine ends...if you do not find any screens then will need to remove hoses from the washing machine valve and see if the strainers are there (or again inside the hose ends) . BUT all this is IF the aerator cleaning did any good at kitchen sink faucet.

If all above worked, then remove shower head and see if screen clogged there..may need to go deeper here...get back to us on it.

I am thinking maybe your lines have gotten clogged with sediment..did not affect bath sink...but all else..happens sometimes. Sometimes, city/town will purge fire hydrants and this can cause issues with city system and unleash all kinds of sediment that clog stuff ...see if neighbors have same problem...??

Anyway, this is just a first thought...If you have had any plumbing done as of late let us know..if not...try these things first and get back to us. Good luck!!

If answer helped please rate the answer below. Thank you.
    That worked thank you so much I really do appriciate it and god bless

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Water line replacement = entire house low water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a water line break in my front yard. The city replaced the line but ever since (immediately following the water being turned back on) the water pressure has been significantly lower throughout the house in both the hot and cold. I checked and the valve is completely open so I am...

House water pressure from well losing pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a well at my home that provides the primary water . I have replaced the well pump with a new one, the pressure tank was bad replaced it, pressure switch was bad replaced it. Now I cannot maintain pressure through out my house. The initial pressure is good for about 10 seconds then it slowly...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search