Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 3, 2006, 09:53 AM
    Hmmmm, some of the postings I'm reading are getting a little prickly, it almost seems as if some people may be internalizing and taking things a bit personally. I wouldn't describe myself as needing attention, I don't really like attention that much, I get enough. I'm not a flashy dresser, I don't even wear make-up and as for my husband, though he has his flaws, he gives me more attention than I require. I am not off to have an affair, I am committed to my marriage, as bad as it gets at times, I just don't like to misread people, and because I am somewhat reserved around men, I don't always get a good "read" on their intentions. Nothing more really, I'm sure it is just a crush on my part, I think at some point in time, many people wonder if they could/would/should have an affair. I am not a foolish woman, I know the game and it's limits, sometimes it's just hard to tell whether the palyers are just playing for fun, or out to win.
    If a patient came to you just giving you piece by piece information, you'd make the same assumptions and/or ask for more. And since you then could read by the body language and their stature while answering your questions, you'd catch on more quick than we did, of course. So, please don't take opinions on this thread as criticism negatively - we can only do so much with the information we receive. And, if you noticed, our main concern was for your well-being.
    I am actually trained as a counselor, so I know I should go, but I just don't have the energy to talk about it anymore. I understand that I don't have the strength and courage right now to move on, but I know one day I will. I'm sure it would be better for the kids, but they adore him and he really loves them, the stress of us arguing has taken its toll on their sense of "well being" though, and my husband at least recognizes that and we both work really hard now not to discuss things in front of them. At this moment in time, we are both working to help our children
    Since you are also in this profession, you more than most are aware of the chances if you don't both seek professional help. And also know that you both need to WANT to do this together. And by all means, nothing in secret as the children will eventually let it out whether you want it or not.

I do hope that you benefited from the answers you received here one way or the other and that you now realize that only you can change your future. We here are always ready to help in any way we can with the information we have to work with and at least are sincere in our efforts to help anyone on our own time and for free. Again, lots of luck from a fellow therapist. No matter how depleted and stressed you are, please drop us a line and keep us posted anyway. Thanks, and remember, we do care and wish you all the best.

pburke Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2006, 01:40 PM
    Thanks for your kind thoughts. It's especially nice to have a place where people can get feedback and just "vent" if they want to.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 3, 2006, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pburke
    Thanks for your kind thoughts. It's especially nice to have a place where people can get feedback and just "vent" if they want to.
    Be careful this site is known to be highly addictive:) :cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search