Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Jan 19, 2008, 11:41 AM
    What works best on dark stretch marks?
    I am an african american woman with a very serious stretch mark problem. I recently gained some weight in a very short period. I am working on losing the weight but I don't think it will do anything for the extremely dark and ugly stretch marks I have acquired. I have them on my lower back and my thighs. They are so unsightly and I am looking for something that will reduce their appearance even if they never completely disappear. I'd just like to be able to wear a bikini again without it looking like I have tree branches growing up my back. Yeah it's that bad. Please anyone with information please help. Thanks.
    mariansc Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsHec4
    I am an african american woman with a very serious stretch mark problem. I recently gained some weight in a very short period of time. I am working on losing the weight but I dont think it will do anything for the extremely dark and ugly stretch marks i have acquired. I have them on my lower back and my thighs. They are so unsightly and I am looking for something that will reduce their appearance even if they never completely disappear. I'd just like to be able to wear a bikini again without it looking like I have tree branches growing up my back. yeah its that bad. Please anyone with information please help. thanks.
    I do not believe anything will take them away, sorry to state this, maybe surgery. But, you can use Vitamin E or Bio Oil on them and it will help fade them to a point. Either can be picked up at the drugstore, I seen Bio Oil at Walmart about a week ago, so they carry it now, probably cheaper. Hope this helps
    niyah922 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 12:52 AM
    Place olive oil on your stretch marks after you get out the shower. Works like a charm !
    Purplerowt Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 02:35 AM
    I have been working on my stretch marks for about 2 months now and they are really fading. I use raw unrefined sheabutter and mix in olive oil. I use an exfoliating brush in the shower. After I towel dry my skin, I massage in the mixture. This is supposed to fade the marks within 6 months, but like I said, it's been almost 2 months and I have seen a huge difference.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stretch marks ? [ 8 Answers ]

I have stretch marks on my inner thighs and breasts because I gained weight really fast, a few months ago I went from 95 pounds to 130, I have used vitamin e and cocoa butter and it doesn't seem to do much of anything and they aren't even fading so I just wanted to know what I should be doing or...

Stretch marks [ 1 Answers ]

I was 12 when I got stretch marks due to gain of wait... can you please suggest me a home remedy for how 2 get rid of dem... because I'm just 13 and can't do laser treatment:( :eek:

Stretch marks [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed last night after I got out of the shower stretch marks on my lower abs. I am not pregnant and my weight has stayed about the same. I did weigh more on the doctor's scale a couple months ago then on my scale at home. At the office it was 207 when I came home that day it was 196 at home....

Stretch Marks [ 8 Answers ]

I am so young and I'm already starting to get stretch marks. I tried coco butter and everything and nothings working. What should I do?

Stretch marks [ 7 Answers ]

I have stretch mark on my hips,arms,shoulders,belly,and behind my knees. I was wondering if and one used something to clear them out that has worked before?

View more questions Search