Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mandmo Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Jan 14, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Prom date!
    Our school is having a semi-formal soon. It is like a prom! How do I let every guy know that I want to go to prom with a date. I heard that this one guy that I really like wanted to ask me, but he thinks I just want to go with a group of friends! Ahh! How do I hint to him that I am looking for a date! Thank you SO much for your help!:p
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2008, 01:35 PM
    If you want to go to the dance with this guy, why don't you ask him to go with you. No need to wait around for a guy to ask you to go to the dance. I am sure he is probably nervous and is afraid to ask you.

Jan 14, 2008, 02:15 PM
    I am really shy and nervous person as well. I just want to know how to bring it up in a conversation so that he won't feel nervous and ask. I want him to know that I am approachable. How do I let him know that?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Ok I understand I am very shy to or I might be antisocial I am not sure! Next time you are around him causal bring up the dance say something like I'll probably end up going to the dance with my friends but I would really like to have an actual date to the dance. Then ask him what about you are you just going with all your friends or do you have a date? Then hopefully he will catch that and say No I don't have a date do you want to go together.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 03:04 PM
    You can be really shy and nervous and alone at the dance.

I will assume this is early teen thing, and that is a issue all in their own world and issue, Well the "friend" can tell them for you if you can't

Note, boys are normally about as scared as you are and often don't ask for the same reason
    qwerty108 Posts: 55, Reputation: 3

Jan 14, 2008, 09:06 PM
    I know I'm a shy guy, and I would like for the girl to ask me in that situation. Being a guy in that situation is a tough and full of peer pressure to ask a girl out. If you ask the guy, maybe his friends will think that he's cooler because he got asked. Let me know how it goes! Good luck
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 09:44 PM
    Well you can waste a bunch of time trying to get him to ask you, or you can ask him yourself, and have time to plan the event together. Ever notice shy people sit home a lot?

Jan 16, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Well you can waste a bunch of time trying to get him to ask you, or you can ask him yourself, and have time to plan the event together. Ever notice shy people sit home a lot?
    Hey I am a very outgoing persona dn never sit home a lot. I is just something about asking a guy out or telling him that you like him that makes me scared because him and I are such great friends and I wouldn't want to make it awkward! And also I have another problem, my best friend is like in love with this guy and she thinks that I am over him! Ahah! She keeps talking about him all the time and that she wants to go to semi with him. Ah! Hehe I think I am going with this big group of friends and going to have a blast. I probably will pucker up the courage at the dance to ask him to dance with me! I just don't want my friend to be mad at me now!
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Jan 16, 2008, 06:09 PM
    I have had a similar situation with you when I was in junia high school,my best friend was in love with one boy who seems liked me more,at that time I really don't know what to do,that boy is one of my best friends too,but after I know what happened,I kept distance with that boy cause I thought that would be better for my girl friend! But bad things still happened as that boy still like me even now!and that girl has not meet me for a really long time! I feel sorry for that! And I don't know what to say to you! Sorry!
    puttuna Posts: 17, Reputation: 2
    -

Jan 16, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Bring it up in the Conversation , (I like the name derek so ill use as an example :))
    You: Hey Derek!
    Derek: Huhh.. Hi.. Mandmo
    You: How are you DIDLEY DEE DILDEY DEE (dont say that)

Later in the Conversation
    You: Are you going to The Semi Formal?
    DEREK: Yeahh...
    You: Who are you going with?
    Derek: Uhh, uhhhhhh... I don't know
    You: We'll I am not going with anyone, so want to go together <3
    Or you could make up your own

BUT THIS IS AN IDEA!

j
    a
    c
    K

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Date for prom [ 2 Answers ]

I don't have a date for the prom and don't know who to ask . What do you think I should do, go alone without a date or ask one of my friend who's a boy to go with me? What do you think I should do ?

Prom? [ 6 Answers ]

So here's the thing. I was moved up a grade due to my academic achievements So I transferred to PCHS. Why Ill never know but it was a good thing. Yeah, so this girl Haley and I have no classes together. But we sit with each other at lunch and we meet in the mornings. I would hate to lose her as a...

Who to ask to prom [ 1 Answers ]

I like two guys but I don't know which 1 to ask to the prom. Guy number 1 has a girlfriend and guy number 2 goes to another school, and he seems not to be up to my standards. But the thing is I don't who to ask to accompany me... do you think I should ask guy number 1 although he has a...

When during prom night should I ask her out? [ 2 Answers ]

Here's the situation. About 2 months ago I found out that this girl wanted me to take her to our high school prom. I have known her all of my life but have never really hung out or done anything together. I got to know her over the last couple of months and asked her to be my date for prom. She...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search