Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foolish old girl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 01:14 AM
    Is he a born liar
    Not living with husband at moment as he has issues with drink and gets violent when drunk (every weekend). I went out for meal with girlfriends on Friday, got back early so thought I would go to our pub to finish the evening off. I was driving, so not drinking. I rarely drink anyway. I walked in and he was standing in a corner with his mate and two females, who I know vaguely and I just watched his behaviour. He was all over her. People in the pub looked embarrassed. I just made him aware I was there then left with no bad scenes. He was absolutely drunk again.

I packed my remaining clothes and left our property. I have refused to see him as he can't see what is wrong, he said he was only having a giggle and fun. He blames both his exes for not seeing his various kids. He blames me for not seeing his most recent brood. He blames me for his alcohol problems. He has told so many people that I am bad that I now had to move out of our home town to a new town knowing no one. He earns about £50,000 per annum, yet we lived like pigs, no carpet, no curtains. I don't know where money gone to. Im up to my eyes in debt trying to care for a sick mother and my daugther. Is it me, am I mad like he tells everyone. Am I right to have been suspicious about his possible lies and cheating?

I feel sick when I think of all the times he disappeared and come back drunk. I feel sad that I have beat myself up because he told me I make him like this. His previous two relationships failed because of his drinking and violence and lying. I believed him when he said he had been though a hard life. He has sucked me dry.

Advice on my next move please?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Dear lady,

You have zero to be foolish about, Take a great deal of pride from what you have been able to do.

Close the door on thjis man. He has done nothing to warrant you to be willing to become a target for an angry drunk.

You are out, stay out. Build your new world without him.

Get an attorney and hold him accountable for his actions and the support you need.

To me you are a hero, not a fool!
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Jan 15, 2008, 05:42 AM
    If he has problem with alcohol and violence and has done with 2 other females then HE is the problem and not YOU! You are better off out of the relationship he has issues and needs to address them, so far however he has 3 (including you) failed relationships because of this. You alone are not going to be able to make him see where he is going wrong, he needs to see it for himself. You would be wasting your time/money/energy and you 'self' attemping to make him see, all of which would be far better spent on you daughter and mother, who need you and are probably far more grateful for your input!
    He seems to have little or no regard for you or any of his children, he just spends £50 grand a year (practically, if you are in debt) on drink.

Don't be down (I know you will be for a bit) but know what you are doing is the best for you!! Keep reminding yourself of the reasons you left, this will make it an easier transition.
    Good luck!
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2008, 06:57 AM
    He seems to be an emotionally sick man. Is he still within the period of warranty? If not, get a barracuda/lawyer and give him something to really drink about.
    BROCKSGIRL86 Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jan 15, 2008, 11:53 AM
    It is not your falt that he drinks, he he didn't want to drink he should have put the drink down. Tell him that you will come back ONLY if he go to AA and tries to slow down on the drinking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he a liar [ 2 Answers ]

My Name Is Monica And Me And I Love This Boy Named Marquist And My Friend Told Me He Tried To Talk To Her He Says He Didi'nt And He Says He Relly Care About Me I Want to Know If Its True Or Not

My boyfriend is a liar [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I just recently broke up. He told me that he was going to be single until after university, but he has also lately been telling this one girl that he loves her. I know they're pretty close, but the girl is really close with me too, and she wouldn't go out with him because she knows...

Billy Liar [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a copy of this movie. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a liar [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem lying. Not just to my friends and co-workers, but to my family and to my husband. I chose to have emotional relationships with men at my work against my husbands wishes, and did so for months. He had already confronted me once about a phone call he saw, but I continued...

View more questions Search