Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Nov 29, 2007, 09:07 AM
    I'm not so sure about that Kiki. I don't think its fair to say that if she truly loved him she would not have dated other men. Sometimes people wonder what else is out there, or need a break. I don't necessarily believe that true love exists only when two people date and never break-up.

Reminds me of a lyric " Love is how its lost, not how its found"
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Nov 29, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Well, we two different people with two different opinions... this is the beauty of this site, you can get lots of opinions... I think you can only give yourself to a person you truly love... but then you probably disagree on this one also.
    needofhelp Posts: 129, Reputation: 14

Dec 3, 2007, 12:17 AM
    Talked about it, and as anyone would guess, there's no good outcome from it. We weren't together, she went out with guys, says nothing happened. I believe nothing happened, but the fact she did go out with them bothers me. She says she only wants to be with me. SHould I be so bothered by this? Will this pass? She wants it to work and I do to, but Im not sure how this issue will go for me.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 3, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Then leave it alone. You will stew over it and then you two will be arguing.
    If you two were not together, I don't know why it would bother you that she went out with someone else, unless it's an ego thing , it bothers you that she could even conceive being with someone else, in which case I'd say, get over it.
    I'd like to see you two back together, but if you are still hurt and angry, it will not work. Move on.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Dec 3, 2007, 08:14 AM
    I think its normal for it to bother you, however, I'm not convinced you totally believe nothing happened. Imagination is a terrible thing when it comes to ex's. I understand it bothering you, but if you step back and look at it your wish is that this girl NEVER go out with anyone but you, even if you are not together. I'm sure you've liked other girls and its sad but our girls may just like other guys.
    Matteus Posts: 199, Reputation: 18

Dec 3, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kiki_doki
    Well, we two different people with two different opinions.....this is the beauty of this site, you can get lots of opinions..... I think you can only give yourself to a person you truly love...but then you probably disagree on this one also.
    And here comes a third opinion... kiki, although most of the time I am against your opinion, yet this time I'm against it, but I promise it will be the last :) no, really, how can you love someone "truly"? Can you explain it? I wish I could have love my ex "truly", but I took the wrong path maybe... by being there for her, caring about her feelings, taking care about her problems, and everything, and in the end, what did I got? A truly disaster. I mean, OK, I loved the wrong person maybe, or I loved the "need to be alone", or a passion´s nomad who, like squirrel, jumps from a branch to another, till one of those branches breaks and she falls and cracks her head, or just someone who had a different level of feelings toward the others. I don't know, but I know I should have been a little more "caring about myself, and being a little selfish and egoist". Who knows, sometimes it works, at least until you know you will not have have a hurt of feelings in the end, so that you can truly love that person (?? ) I don't know, but I guess, after 2 years you can and you are allowed to give yourself in completely, without the risk of being hurt. If you cant, than what remains in here? Always having the same "insecurity"? And once you give yourself in, you get a headache for 6 months? Do you understand what I mean? You are not allowed to love someone truly, as you are not allowed to trust someone´s actions and reactions truly! We can't read the deep of their minds!
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Jan 11, 2008, 05:06 PM
    OK, well what I mean by truly loving another person is: the closest you could possibly get to loving a person unconditionally! I think (just my opinion) that people love their children unconditionally (I know I do) now to me truly loving another person i.e. husband/wife etc is loving them almost to the point of unconditional love but not quite there... do you get what I mean?Now I do not mean unconditionally because there are lots of things you accept from your kids but would never accept from another living human being. Nothing to do with squirrels or trees... Ho Ho, I get what your saying though (",)
    The new pics cool... very 50's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search