Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lighting nut Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Cooling system pressure testers
    I have a 2001 Mercury Mountaineer and I need to check the cooling system for a coolant leak. I need to pressurize the system in order to find the leak. I have an older model pressure tester but it does not fit on the radiator neck that uses the smaller cap. I have been looking around for a new tester to buy and I am a bit confused.

I have was looking at the KD model 3700 and it talks about a Universal Bladder system that will fit all (or most cars). I assume that this is some sort of inflatable bulb that you would pump up with air to seal off the radiator neck. Has anyone out there ever used this type of tester?? Any pro or cons??

I was also looking for an adaptor that might fit my old unit. Anyone know if that is a possibility??
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Jan 11, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Does it cost that much to get it tested instead of buying your own tester. First try to find an adaptor online through Google, then go to NAPA, then buy an entire kit that has all the adaptors, not sure if it will be worth the entire cost for a tool that will not get used all that often.
    lighting nut Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 06:17 PM
    The biggest problem is that I trust my 48 years of automotive experience more than I trust the ability of some of the local technicans. I have not had many GOOD experiences with having someone else repair my vehicles.

Besides, it is sort of a hobby with me!
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 f-250 7.3 getting fuel in the cooling system [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a 99 f 250 with 200K miles on it and it is starting to get fuel into the cooling system, no other problems or symptoms, I noticed it a few weeks back, it was only a few ounces at first but I am starting to see more. I have drained the system and replaced the coolant. Any ideas?

Right cooling system for home? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1700 sq ft home. It is heated with radiators (water not steam). The current boiler is older (home is about 70 years old), but is in pretty good condition. I would like to add air conditioning for the whole house. What is the best and mose economical system for my home?

Heating & cooling system [ 3 Answers ]

I have a two zone heating/cooling system, with one generator unit. With this type of system, there are two trunk lines leading off the furnace. The dampers alternate when each thermostat indicates which one should turn on. One of the trunk lines has started making a loud whistle, indicating...

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search