Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buffettgolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Gutting a room
    When gutting a room, do I need to remove the trim and sill around the window ? I have replacement windows that have caulk around the inside trim
    peter030205 Posts: 56, Reputation: 5

Jan 11, 2008, 12:43 PM
    What do you mean by gutting a room? If you're not removing drywall around the window then you should be able to leave it alone.
    EIFS EXPERT Posts: 126, Reputation: 8

Jan 11, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Usually not the sill but yes to the trim and the trim under the sill.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Buffet, you really would need to be a bit more specifi about what you are doing. The trim is on top of the drywall but the sill is part of the frame.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A ghost in my room? [ 4 Answers ]

I moved into my basement a year ago and one night I was up and I saw a shadow next to my bookcase the size of a child. Also I have a couple deck of cards and I put them together in a way so they don't get mixed up together. Well like 4 or 5 times I went to get my cards and they were mixed up. Also...

Circuit breaker OK, but no electricity in living room/dining room [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old farm home. The lights went out in living room and dining room Thanksgiving night. The circuit breaker appears normal and the panel is OK. What went wrong?

Bathroom gutting [ 1 Answers ]

I plan on gutting a full bathroom and converting it to a butler pantry with a prep sink. After I remove the bathtub and toilet what do I do with the drain pipes from the bathtub and toilet?

View more questions Search