Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teenLOVE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 03:13 PM
    I have a boyfriend but I'm starting to fall for another guy. What should I do?
    I've been going out with this guy for about 4 months now. He's totally in love. Like he tells everyone about me, is always around me, always wants to do something like hang out, and is always telling me that I'm his world. Being a teen, I think he's a little to in love. But going on, I recently started talking to a friend that I haven't talked to in 2 years. He's really sweet and cute. He's smart and loves to do the same activities as I do. He has a girlfriend that he's been going out for a while but is saying that they're not doing too well. Last night, we were on the phone for about 2 hours talking about everything. Compared to my boyfriend, I can actually talk to this guy about everything. He also told me that he likes me but doesn't want to do anything because he has a girlfriend. Not for long. 5 minutes after getting off, he called me back with an excited tone. He told me that he called up his girlfriend and told her that he would rather them be friends and she agreed. He was extremely happy. I'm so confused because I really like this guy but I have a boyfriend. Oh and another thing. My best friends, who I'm really close to and trust them with all my heart are also my boyfriend's friends. I'm scared that if I brake up with my boyfriend that my relationship with these people is going to be different. Yeah you might say that if there my friends they will understand, but it's different. There all guys and like they say, "Bros before hoes"! I need help and fast!
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 8, 2008, 03:37 PM
    You must be something else having all these guys jumping at you. You think you boy friend's too eager, but this new guy dumped his girl within 5 minuites?! How much more eager can you get? You obviously like him or you wouldn't be posting on here, but he was that quick to dump his g/f before so what if you two start dateing and you fall in love with him and he loses interest in you like he did his ex (she was OK with it so maybe he's quick in more than one way).
    Personally I wouldn't risk what I have got on someone who might leave me at the drop of a hat, but I don't know how you feel towards your b/f. but you could tell him to lay off the worshipping for a bit maybe? Then see how you feel about the other one.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2008, 03:37 PM
    It is a risk you take - you will most likely have those kinds of risks in your life, it is the natural order of things.

So you weigh the balance here - you like this guy you are dating but you know he is more into you than you are into him. It is not love for you. Now this other guy is someone you could really develop a good relationship with. You have more in common, he is easier to talk to, etc.

You want the gentle break-up with the current boyfriend or do you still want to see him and possibly start seeing this other guy? Part of me says to take it very easy with this other guy - he is just getting out of a relationship. You are not totally sure how this girl is going to react when she finds out he is dating you. Same for your boyfriend - when you break up and then he finds out you are dating another guy right away. Give yourself some breathing space!

Have an honest discussion with your boyfriend and tell him that you do not think you two are going in the right direction. Maybe you feel smothered by him, maybe it is something else. Tell him that you wish him well but it will not be with you. Whatever you say, don't allow him to believe that you and him are still going to see other or have him hold onto any false hope.

Then honestly, what I would do, is just relax. Take a deep breath and then talk to the other guy. Keep it simple at first. Casual. Let this take it's natural time. See if this is for real or simply an infatuation.
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 8, 2008, 03:47 PM
    You just basically told her to cheat on this boy who is totally in love with her!! Being cheated on hurts like being stabbed, and like being stabbed and shot simultaneously if your in love. NOBODY deserves that. Although your right about talking to your boyfriend and not rushing any thing.
    If you cheat on him you will most likely upset your friends aswel. So ask yourself if you can live without you friends AND your boyfriend before you do anything drastic
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2008, 06:26 PM
    No, I never said she should cheat on her boyfriend. Read it - I said talk to her boyfriend and break off with him BEFORE trying to see this other guy. Geesz.. I did ask her what she wanted - to see both at the same time? I did not condone it. Some people, however, are successful at dating more than one person at a time. But you have to have honesty in all things for all people.
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Jan 8, 2008, 06:44 PM
    First off, don't ever stay with anyone so that you don't lose touch with mutual friends. This action is unfair to both you and your boyfriend. If they are truly his friends they would be more mad at you for ruining his chance to find someone who loves him the way he loves them. If you don't love him or want to be with him, break it off. Be completely honest with him. However there is NO need to throw this other guy in his face. In all honesty I wouldn't pursue a relationship with the guy right away. It's never good to jump straight from one relationship to another. Hang out with him, go out with him, DATE him, but don't jump right into full fledged relationship mode. It sounds to me like you need to be single for a little while to find out what it is you truly want. If this "other" guy won't give you time, then he isn't worth it either. Take time to find out who you are and who you want. Don't force a relationship, let it happen. Good luck to you girl!

<3 Leslie
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 8, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Your not into your b/f, so let him go. That's first and foremost. The other guy, even though you like him, do you really want a guy who can break up, and want you in 5 minutes? Hey its your world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fall in love again [ 1 Answers ]

How do you or any one for that matter get there man to fall in love with them all over again and to be able to tell if that person really loves them because that person does not show emotions well?

I like him starting to fall in love but he has a girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

I have been knowing this guy since my 9th grade in high school and we were so close of friends but never acknowledged that we both liked each other. He moved away and I never saw him again.:( Now its been 3 years since we saw each other and he has a girlfriend and even a kid away. Recently we...

Free Fall [ 3 Answers ]

A rock is thrown up with a speed of 22.0m/s a. Determine its maximum height b. determine the time it takes to reach its maximum height c. determine its velocity after 1.50s d. determine its velocity when it reaches a height of 10.0m Please help!

Me Fall Down Go Boom [ 1 Answers ]

What cartoon character (probably 50's or very early 60's) was responsible for the phrase?

Hair Fall [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am Swathi.I am 25 years old.I am a married women.I came to USA(atlanta) 8 months back.Since I started living in atlanta, I have been suffering my severe hair loss.I am taking head bath weekly twice.I eat lot of vegetables, eggs,dates,fruits(Grapes) and juices(Orange).I don't have dandruff.I...

View more questions Search