Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AzPete Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 11:41 PM
    Cultlery Collection
    I have an extensive collection of knves that vary greatly in intended use, materials and function. A small portion of the collection is dedicated to spring loaded knives from many diffent countries. Many predate 1900, some are made by custom makers. Any good suggestions where they may be listed for sale?

Thxs,
    AzPete
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2008, 12:08 AM
    What do you mean by "spring loaded" knives, please?
    AzPete Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Clough..

Spring loaded as switch bladed... knives of this sort first made their way into the market place after the civil war as an aid to those missing a limb. Many smaller US made switch blades found there way into a number of Mom's sewing baskets as they were very handy to open one handed. It's sad that Draconian laws passed in the 1950's limited the production and use of "spring assisted" cutlery. I've collected them off and on for the past 45 years and am presently culling my total collection. Thxs for the assist on the Navajo jewelry, I have two books on reserve at the local library with hopefully more information than I have been able to find online.

Thxs

AzPete

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection of Receivables [ 3 Answers ]

How can management practices speed the collection of receivables

Collection company [ 2 Answers ]

I was contacted by a collection company stating that I owe an account from 1998-2000 on a phone bill for $768 in Florida. I stated that I need to see proof of this. They sent me an incomplete copy of a phone bill without it being itemized. At this point I don't even know if this is a accurate...

About Collection Agencies [ 6 Answers ]

Do US collection agencies have jurisdiction in Canada? Do US judgements have any effect on debtors from Canada?

Collection agencies [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if there was a way to help pay collections agencies? I have so much debt due to medical bills and need to pay off over $7,000. I'm on a very fixed income & budget & am worried about bankruptcy. I need help. Also, can a collection agency take you to court?

Collection agencies? [ 6 Answers ]

I recently moved out of an apartment, did the walk through with a leasing agent, she told me everything was ok'd, now I get a call from a collection agency for $522.00 so they can replace the carpet. I heard nothing about it until the man from collections called me. I was never given a copy of...

View more questions Search