Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Jiser wrote: "Once someone knows they have the other person, its no longer a relationship."

Absolutely.

And what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. If it's the guy that has the other person, same problem; It's not really a relationship. Personally, I think wearing the pants is over rated. :-) If you view a relationship as a constant power struggle, you are going to spend all your time trying to figure out who is on top and trying to ensure that you are still in charge. Sounds exhausting and not very loving or fun.

Sure, you can maybe find a woman who will just give in and let you be in charge, but over time, in order to prove to yourself that you are still in charge, you'll need to keep asking her to give in to different things and you'll either make a non person out of her or she'll begin to resist something you ask for. And then you are either not in charge or you are in charge of nothing. Somebody who can only say no when you tell them they can say no isn't a full person.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking
    Wow! I totally disagree that the guy needs to be "in charge" in a relationship. I especially disagree that either person has to be in charge. I believe in egalitarian, mutual relationships. So when guys try to be In Charge of Me, I tend to resist. Then they think I'm trying to be in charge of them or the relationship when I'm just trying to be in charge of myself. If I want to go buy groceries or whatever, I don't want someone telling me I can't just to show he's in charge of me. Why would I want someone else in charge of me? I can't think of a single reason why that would ever be a good thing unless one person was mentally defective and needed to be protected from their own actions!

Well so, in your view, if the guy is in charge of the relationship, how does that help the woman? I don't understand why you think the guy being in charge is a good thing or why you are worried about the woman's integrity, but not a guy's. What if he's in charge and lacks intergrity? This is better?? Or in charge and has integrity--so he can tell me where to bank and who my friends will be? I don't think so! Why not just have no one in charge, and treat one another as full human beings with complete autonomy?
    Asking
    Hey Asking, I see there was some misinterpretations/confusion I'd gladly like to address:

Let me clarify a few things:

1) The THREAD asked what about a WOMAN drives you insane. Ergo: the specific reference.

2) When ANYONE is in charge of a relationship it is NOT good.

3) As I said, when someone LACKS integrity, he or she (in this case she) they use this power of dominance - in regards to their partners supplicance it's a sad tale.

4) Equality and equanimity are what we should all strive for - and anyone who is in an overly lopsided relationship needs to get out... or be driven... INSANE :-)

**And by "in charge" I mean there are always swings and changes that happen in the course of a relationship... I do not mean that someone is metting out orders and instructions... it's just the ying and yang... of the day or the week... and good people do not try to be in control or dominant of a relationship.
    Simple Asian Posts: 302, Reputation: 13

Dec 29, 2007, 10:47 PM
    silent treatment... >.<...

playing hard to get... = I am not chasing you you can play that by yourself...

Said this but do that... ( it OK... u go and have fun with your friends... then later on... u call her... she like... why u left me alone ? Am I not good for u ? )

the say THIS mean THAT... ( I am OK, don't worried... and we be OK.. if u say u OK...

last but not least... THE "WHATEVER"

ahhhhhhhhhh hahahahaha
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 01:57 AM
    Its typ of people that drive me insane. I love women but if I'm with someone that uses me.. it really annoys me. Yeah I'm kind and I give a lot.. I don't want to stop being that person..

Friends and Girlfriends do it to me. That drives me insane.
    but I'm the cause of all my situations =)

I just don't like people that use other people.

Oh yeah

I have to agree with Simple!. the "WHATEVER really annoys me. That's the best way to piss anyone off. Your talking and then they go yeah whatever. Or if there talking about something that's really upset them.. and the end they go

well whatever.. its like babe.. what the hell was I doing listning to you for 5 hours if at the end all of this your like whatever!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 02:48 AM
    Moodiness and not communicating directly about what's on their mind.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 02:58 AM
    Well so, in your view, if the guy is in charge of the relationship, how does that help the woman? I don't understand why you think the guy being in charge is a good thing or why you are worried about the woman's integrity, but not a guy's. What if he's in charge and lacks intergrity? This is better? Or in charge and has integrity--so he can tell me where to bank and who my friends will be? I don't think so! Why not just have no one in charge, and treat one another as full human beings with complete autonomy?
    Asking
    Because, despite what the Women's Movement may claim, most women still expect the man to be "in charge" and don't have respect for him or the relationship if they're the ones "wearing the pants." You can deny it all you want but if you take a good, honest look at things from your own perspective you'd have to agree.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 10:52 AM
    What drives me crazy, is when the game is on, and she wants to vent, talk, or go somewhere, with me. AARGH!
    crushedovernover Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Dec 30, 2007, 03:27 PM
    The thing that gets me is, a women never takes the time to stop and look at her man and say "thank you" for many reasons. We are always the one to be on the chase. I know every man likes to feel apreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

A guy, well 2 guys, well, maybe like 20 guys. [ 4 Answers ]

Um, well, I like a guy. He says I'm pretty which is really sweet. And I like him a lot. I am willing to do anything for him. I like a lot of other guys but I don't know them well. And I know the are just crushes. So I know the first guy, I'll call him bob. Well, I know I should be with bob. He...

MATCHMAKER ALERT (Nice guys do not always finish last -but NICE nice guys do) [ 2 Answers ]

There is a general thought that: - nice guys don't get the girl. - nice guys get walked on. - nice guys get left behind. It's not that simple. 1. Nice guys can get any girl. As long as they "own their space" -- that is, they know themselves and their life purpose and what drives them.

Guys [ 5 Answers ]

When a guy feel really bad about hurting a girl because he did soemthing that really got her upset (hooking up with another girl) Even though he OK with his actions, Will he ever call/ email to try and make it better even If the girl told him, right now he can't say anything to make that girl feel...

View more questions Search