Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Glad you understand. Most 2nd year nursing students didn't understand it LOL

Yes, they gave you a shot today because of the bleeding. Since they don't know the blood type of the baby they are protecting the baby by giving you the shot. This is why it is advised that you get the shot anytime there is bleeding since we don't know if baby's blood is mixing with yours or not.

I know you are in the UK, but this is how we do it in the US. Here in the US whenever a gal comes into the L&D with any form of bleeding, and she is negative, she gets the shot. It doesn't matter how many times, but we give it to protect the baby.
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

Dec 28, 2007, 05:05 PM
    thank you, you have been a great help!
    so now if I have any more bleeding I will be straight back to the hospital
    I can't believe my midwife or my doctor didn't tell me I had to go back and have the shot again if there is any more bleeding x
    you have been a great help to me and now I know if I need any advise I can come here and get a brilliant response thank you so much xx
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 05:09 PM
    As I said, Melissa, you are in the UK, I am in the US, that is how we do it here. Check with your MW and see if she feels this is necessary for you. I am not sure how it is done there.

And you are VERY welcome. Anytime you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask.

While my major is in mental health, my minor is in Obstetrics.
    roach79 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by melissa1
    hiya everyone right im 12weeks 3 days pregnant i have had 3 occasions where i have been spotting, the first time it was pink and the doctors said it was nothing and i had a scan at 10 weeks and everything was fine now on christmas eve i had some more brown spotting so i contacted the doctors again straight away who told me if its brown then its old blood and to just keep my eye on it and if i get any pain to go to the hospital!!!
    i had no pain and spotting only happened when i wiped so i didnt think anything of it.
    last night i went to the bathroom at approx 3am to find more pink spotting which i got quite worried about i went to docs first thing this morning who have arranged an emergency scan for tomorrow!
    my doctor has been really good and has told me its prob nothing to worry about as there is no pain and its just a little bit of spotting which prob only lasts for 5 mins!
    at this moment in time i have no more spotting or anything but am in a bit of discomfort with my back it is killing me i dont no if the baby could be lay on a nerve or something but its hurting!
    could someone tell me if its anything to worry about and has anyone experienced the same things as me and carried on with a healthy pregnancy im so scared right now just want to know my little baby is ok!
    thanks melissa
    Hi I had the same problem. The docter ordered a emergancy ultrasound because he thought it might have been possible miscarige. Only to find at the ultra sound everything was fine and that it turned out I was expecting twins
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

Dec 30, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Wow twins well I am only having the one and everything seems to be fine at the moment so fingers crossed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light pink spotting after intercourse then stops [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my fiancée are trying to conceive, for the last couple of weeks now we have had unprotected intercourse, and every time after words I go to the bathroom and I have very very light pink spotting, but stops and goes away until we have intercourse again. What could this possible mean? This has...

Pink discharge.with IUD.could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had a termination in January and the T IUD inserted at the same time.. Since then I've had one period slightly heavier and longer then before... I had unprotected sex a few times with my boyfriend just at the end of my period.. Though it seems like my period has never really stopped.. I...

Pink spotting [ 3 Answers ]

When I wipe there's a light spotting of pink blood. I don't know what is wrong. And I have cramps but my period isn't due until next week. What is going on wit me?

Pink or brown spotting [ 2 Answers ]

I had sex right before and after my period. My period was on time and normal. But then a few days later I started spotting. Some times it was brown and some times pink. I have had a little nasuea lately but nothing out the ordinary could that mean I'm pregnant?

Pink spotting [ 1 Answers ]

When I wipe there's a light spotting of pink blood. I don't know what is wrong. And I have cramps but my period isn't due until next week. What is going on wit me?

View more questions Search