Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momof3angels Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2007, 03:52 PM
    What does this mean?
    I had a normal period in October but on Nov 2nd I had gotten my period very light and it only lasted for 3 days and then was followed by 2 days of brown spotting. I'm not suppose to get my period again until Dec 1st. I usually check my cervical changes for conceiving purposes and today when I did I had noticed that my uterus was rock hard. Is your uterus suppose to be rock hard or is it suppose to be soft? Could the rock hard uterus mean pregnancy? I would really appreciate any advice that anyone could give me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Actually a softer cervix means pregnancy. It's called Goodell's sign. Rock hard huh? It should always be somewhat soft, softer in pregnancy, especially early pregnancy.

As far as your period goes, we always have an off month here or there. This just could have been yours.
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momof3angels
    My CERVIX is soft but my UTERUS is rock hard....that's what I was curious about.
    Thank you for your PM, however, can we keep the questions and answers on the board for others who may have the same question so that they may get the same answers.

Sorry, I got a little confused. Now, your uterus should NEVER be rock hard except when you are having contractions in labor. I am curious to know how your uterus was rock hard if you were checking your cervix. As a nurse I can't even do that.

Nov 24, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Thank you for your PM, however, can we keep the questions and answers on the board for others who may have the same question so that they may get the same answers.

Sorry, I got a little confused. Now, your uterus should NEVER be rock hard except when you are having contractions in labor. I am curious to know how your uterus was rock hard if you were checking your cervix. As a nurse I can't even do that.
    I don't know now correct me if I'm wrong but your uterus is the large lump attached to your cervix right? If this is so then I could feel my uterus.
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Attached to your cervix? It is above your cervix, yes. And usually the cervix is so thick that without applying fundal pressure you aren't going to feel the uterus.

Nov 24, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Attached to your cervix? It is above your cervix, yes. And usually the cervix is so thick that without applying fundal pressure you aren't going to feel the uterus.
    OK so if you are feeling inside but not inside the cervix and you by pass the cervix and there is a bulge there what is that?
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 04:16 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't think I quite understand you. How do you bypass the cervix?
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momof3angels
    ok so if you are feeling inside but not inside the cervix
    Do you mean "feeling inside but not outside?" I'm just a little confused. It's really hard to talk about this stuff over the internet as I am a very visual person. It's easier for me if I can "see" what you are talking about.

Nov 24, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Do you mean "feeling inside but not outside?" I'm just a little confused. It's really hard to talk about this stuff over the internet as I am a very visual person. It's easier for me if I can "see" what you are talking about.
    Yes exactly
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up. I thought so, but wasn't sure.

Now, to feel your uterus properly, when you insert your fingers to feel your cervix you have to press down on your abdomen above the uterus. So, I am not exactly quite sure what it is you are feeling.

Nov 24, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Thanks for clearing that up. I thought so, but wasn't sure.

Now, to feel your uterus properly, when you insert your fingers to feel your cervix you have to press down on your abdomen above the uterus. So, I am not exactly quite sure what it is you are feeling.
    Huh that is really weird then. Well I guess I'll just have to wait it out see what happens right?
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Well, you have what a week to wait for your period, right? If it doesn't come, it would be in your best interest to make a doctor's appointment.

Nov 24, 2007, 08:06 PM
    Well, you have what a week to wait for your period, right? If it doesn't come, it would be in your best interest to make a doctor's appointment.
    All right I will do that thank you so much for trying to help
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 08:15 PM
    I'm really sorry I couldn't help any more. Please let me know what you find out. I am always up for learning new things!

Nov 24, 2007, 08:16 PM
    I'm really sorry I couldn't help any more. Please let me know what you find out. I am always up for learning new things!!
    OK I will

Nov 25, 2007, 09:00 PM
    So here's the deal I today got my period 5 days early but it is really light. Heavy enough to wear a pad though!! Now what?

Dec 23, 2007, 10:47 PM
    Well I had it confirmed that I am 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant!!
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

Dec 27, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Congratulations xxxxxxxxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search