Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glminnalex Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 08:03 PM
    No plea
    I will not take a plea because I did nothing. They (the Cops) said I touched a ladies butt on a crowded train. Arrested me and the who none yards. So if there is trial there will have to be one because I'm not losing my life and career for some crap like that.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Hello glm:

All right! Go for it. You've convinced me. Kick some butt.

excon
    Sanjay Persad Posts: 110, Reputation: 0

Dec 21, 2007, 12:11 PM
    What were you charged with?

Until proven innocent the actus reas stands as you committed this alleged act. You can be prosecuted as this is assault as their was no consent. Now you can try to prove that their was no mens reas (premeditated thoughts) and you did not intentionally commit this act. (e.g you accidentally bumped into her while exiting the train). If so then the charges are dropped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not Guilty Plea [ 3 Answers ]

My court date is in two weeks for a P.I. in Indiana. My friend told me that I should plead not guilty even though I am guilty so I can have a lawyer after my hearing. Should I? If I plead guilty at the hearing does that mean I get my sentence right then and there? What should I do.

Plea Agreement [ 1 Answers ]

I have not had an indictment it has been over 6 months. I want to plea this out to felony probation. I have not had any prior felonys but I have had misdemeanors. I have been on misdemeanor probation and revoked it but sat my time out in jail. If the DA accepts a probation plea agreement and I...

Plea bargaining [ 4 Answers ]

I have read and appreciate all of your replies!. I don't know if this helps to answer my question a little more. My lawyer and I were just starting to plea bargain ( they offered me 6 months to a year ( gun possesion)).. So what I really want to know is will there me additional charges on top of...

View more questions Search