Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    envee505 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Potty Training Tips?
    My daughter is 25 months old and we want to start the potty training process. I am a first time mother so I am not sure as to how to go about it. She has used the potty a couple of times and her diaper stays dry all night. She also knows when she has peed or pooped however she tells us afterward. How do I get started?
    jmurray Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 08:25 PM
    At just over 2 my child's teacher told me to get some of those thick training pants that they sell for toddlers and over the weekend just let her walk around in them at home. Each time she had an accident she had to take them off herself and clean up the mess from the floor. She would repeat this at school during the week (pull-ups were not allowed at her school and the teacher has to be willing to participate). You will do lots of laundry for a while or so, but it does work. It worked for me and I believe all of the children at the school are potty trained this way. She still wears a pull up at night. I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Effective Potty Training Tips [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 7mos.old american eskimo & a pomeranian. We have been trying to potty train them using puppy pads -when we're not home & at night. When we're at home we take them outside -all they want to do is play , not potty. We spend 25 -40mins outside , and then coming in the house they go on or...

Potty Training [ 3 Answers ]

Why is there a myth that girls are easier to potty train than boys?:)

Potty Training Tips? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. My daughter will be two years old in December. I have been trying to work with her on potty training. Some times she will tell me "pee pee potty" and go to the bathroom door. So I take her in there, sit her on the potty and she just sits there. Nothing happens, then she says "done" and gets...

New to Potty Training [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 2 1/2 year old son and I'm currently in the process of trying to potty train him. I need some help. He will tell me he has to go to the bathroom but when I put him on the toilet he just sits there. He won't go, but as soon as I put the pull up back on him he goes. I've tried bribing...

Potty training [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a year old mini dacshund and he is not potty trained, he refuses to do his poopies outside. We do have him in a crate and he goes for a long period with not accidents in there and we take him right outside and he won't go. We have disciplined him for this much, even put him back in...

View more questions Search