Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawncline Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Grant for home improvement
    I need a grant for home improvement project. I have many health problems and need to be able to fix my back deck and make it handicap accessible, also need to repair front porch and put in guard rails. Are there any grants for this type of home improvement project?
    GrantGopher Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Dec 14, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Sometimes cities have grants available to assist individuals with home repair and improvement. Check your city and county websites. If you don't find anything there, try searching for nonprofit groups in your area that provide assistance and services to disabled/handicapped individuals.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2007, 02:59 PM
    If you are a veteran, check with the VA, and with the VFW and the American Legion. ( or a spouse of a vet) Also check out your church group, a lot of projects are done by non profit groups.

Also cities or areas in a city receive funds to help the low income and elderly, if there is a program in your area you can apply for it.

Also what is your illness, sometimes here are support groups for that illness that offer help at times.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Try your local usda office. United States Department of Agriculture. They have resources for such if you meet the criteria.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home improvement grant for a disabled individual [ 3 Answers ]

Need to know if there are grants available to disabled individuals to remodel the home such as interior painting, taking off paneling and replacing it so it can be painted, putting in a bathroom vanity, new kitchen floor, remodeling kitchen cabinets, putting in new carpet and finishing a garage...

Home improvement [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there I am having problem removing ceramic tile from the soft partiton wall as I don't want to apply force to avoid plaster board demage any recommendation I thought heat gun might be an idea but haven't tried yet advice any easy method Secondly how to take off gloss enemal from a warnish...

Exterior Home Improvement [ 1 Answers ]

Exterior house painting was completed Wed 9/19 - Started raining very heavily Friday 9/21 and still raining. Will the rain adversely affect the paint n some way? It is Dunn-Edwards Acrylic paint.

Interior home improvement [ 4 Answers ]

How high should a chair rail go on a wall when it is in a living room?

Home improvement business [ 2 Answers ]

I am considering starting a home improvement business in Connecticut , I already know how to get a contractors license but I would like to know what the average cost of liability insurance and workers compensation insurance is and is it possible to make monthly payments. I have equipment but need...

View more questions Search