Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wirechaser1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 06:24 AM
    No heat, crack in ignitor.
    I have a Janitrol heater, say 2001 in marker on it. Blower goes, no heat, shuts down after about 90 seconds and I get 1 blink. 1 blink = ignition failure, check gas flow, gas pressure, gas valve, and flame sensor. I cleaned the flame sensor and the gas tubes are clear of debris. I also tightened down the blower box that has the orange gasket as someone suggested. I removed the electric ignition source, it is ceramic in the shape of an "M". On the ignition there is a crack all the way through and around the crack is white residue. I disconnected the ignition and after cycling the system I got the same result: 1 blink. Seems obvious that the ignitor is bad, but I wanted to make sure that isn't a gap like a spark plug has. I appreciate your advice and have learned a lot here already just today thanks to your previous responses.

EDIT: After Posting I was directed to a post that told me there should be resistance though it, so it is not supposed to be cracked. Off to buy a new one now!

Check out some similar questions!

Need for replacing ignitor [ 2 Answers ]

At what OHMS reading does the gas furnace ignitor need to be replaced? It is a White Rogers furnace.

Ignitor will not ignite [ 7 Answers ]

I have a intertherm honeywell furnace about 6 years old and the ignitor will not ignite so furnace will not turn on... I put in a new ignitor in but still will not ignite... Is anybody out there familiar with this problem and can direct me in the right direction... Thank you very much... Paul

No Ignitor Glow [ 8 Answers ]

Not sure the brand.. When I have the thermostat call for heat the vent blower and the blower both come on and there is no glow.. I have tested and bypassed the limit switches and that doesn't fix the problem. Now the diagnoses light flashes 4 times which is supposed to mean that there is an open...

Blower on and ignitor is glowing, but no gas heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a residential Carrier model. When heat is turned on, the blower comes on and the ignitor begins to glow, but the gas heat never fires. The gas valve is definitely turned on, and our hot water heater and oven work fine with gas heat. After the ignitor glows, I can hear a hissing sound for...

Possible ignitor problem [ 2 Answers ]

My York Gas Heater Won't Fire Up!! After Accessing Panel To Gas Components I Heard Rapid Ticking... ignitors I Suspect. But No Flame! Do I Have A Ignitor Problem? Txs In Advance, Matt

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.