Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TOMNARRON Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 07:26 AM
    How to adjust auxiliary heat setting on Carrier?
    I have a heat pump with propane auxiliary heat. It has a carrier programmable
    Thermostat #960-120032-2.

It was programmed for backup heat to come on at 40 degrees when it was installed and I
    Would like to reset it to a lower setting. I have read the manual and it makes no mention
    Of this setting or how to adjust it.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Carrier has no such part number available.
    Please post correct part number.

Dec 11, 2007, 02:22 PM
    The number from my owner's manual is TSTATCCPRH01-B
    I hope this helps to identify it.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 04:30 PM
    800-284-8227
    Thermostat technical specifications
    Amy Sellenriek
    Replacement Components Division, Carrier Corporation

Ask Amy about cycle rate and anticipator adjustments and heat pump lock out temperature.
    I looked over a electronic diagram of your stat and it does not say. If that is the case after talking to her then you have a fixed setting thermostat and you will not be able to adjust it.

I believe yours might be a series from about 1998 and those adjustments were offered as extra cost to the dealer.

Info on your stat

TSTATCCPRH01-B
    Thermidistat Control – Non-Programmable/Programmable Thermostat with Humidity Control. (For use in Dual Fuel,
    AC, HP, and 2S applications. Includes Outdoor Air Temperature Sensor

Dec 12, 2007, 06:05 AM
    Thanks for your help. I'll give Amy a call.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat setting [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ny state and own a house with an apartment what is the correctthermasate setting for heat is the heat to be set at 68 degress or 72 degress > Where can I look up this information

AC unit won't turn off when on heat setting [ 3 Answers ]

I have an Amana furnace and for some reason the cool air keeps blowing out. Both the furnace and the ac unit seem to be running at the same time. Earlier today I was able to get hot air out of the vents, but now nothing but cold air. The thermostat is set to heat, so I don't know why the ac unit...

Carrier heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, How can you tell how old the unit is by the model or serial number? Serial is #3996e24342, model # is 38ycb03030300. Thanks!! spence

Carrier Heat Pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 ton Carrier Heat Pump Heating and AC unit. Lately, the unit has been making a horrendous, loud bass trombone sound. This sound comes from the outside unit that houses the fan and compressor. It occurs when the heater/blower in the atic is NOT on. The sound is so loud that it wakes me up...

View more questions Search