Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albinonerd13 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2007, 04:16 PM
    I hate my friends
    Okay, so there are these two guys I hang out with (not saying 'friends' anymore) that I absolutely hate, but I can't tell anyone, because I carpool to school with them every day. Today they ripped up my English project "as a joke". Haha. Nice joke, guys.

NOT.

What should I do?
    enigmagnetic Posts: 333, Reputation: 45

Dec 11, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Cordially and in a kind way distance yourself from them. What they did was rather cruel and they see you as a pushover. See if you can find someone else to carpool with. You know the old saying right "with friends like them who needs enemies". Furthermore, always try to stand up to for yourself. It doesn't have to involve violence, but you have to assert "listen what you did was not cool and I won't stand for it." try to find another ride.
    enjay22 Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Dec 13, 2007, 09:21 PM
    No no no no no

That is SOOOO not okay..
    If they are/were your TRUE FRIENDS... they would listen to you.

TELL THEM THAT.. THEY WENT TOO FAR!

Hopefully, this will blow over, and you will all be friends/okay again.
    But for now, you need to teach/show them that. Its not cool.
    jjaja Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2007, 09:41 PM
    Tell them how immature they are! Lol
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 10:58 PM
    Your mom drives them to school? Does she know what they did to your English project? Do they behave like jerks in the car where she can hear it? Tell her about it. Maybe she'll have an idea of what to do.
    misterk Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2007, 12:17 AM
    Tell the teacher too.
    Skittles911 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2007, 12:25 AM
    I'd just tell them that if they keep being jerks that I wouldn't have my mom drive them to school anymore
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2007, 01:40 AM
    Does your mom drive them? Because you actually never said that. If your mom actually does drive them, then yes... tell your mom but also talk to your mom about a plan of action. Parents can sometimes be overprotective and go all out and call the parents of your friends, and you don't need that. Simply talk to your mom about maybe her talking to your friends in the car and threatening them to not drive them anymore.

If it's not your mom driving, then you're actually screwed if you tell any authoritative members as you don't have a way to get to school.

I'm not sure how old you are... but if you're in middle school or high school, there is little maturity for your friends to actually understand if you talk to them; especially if they rip up your project. Yes, disney lies... kids don't actually talk about their problems... and on top of that, if they somehow did, the other kids wouldn't understand.

I'm not sure... if telling your teacher will help. There's a rule of the playground: don't tattle. Yes, your problem will get fixed... but many new ones will arise.

When I first came into this country (I was 9), I was picked on quite a bit due to my clothing, lack of english, and food. My "friends" and neighbors would open my backpack and take things from it on the bus when I wasn't looking, they would knock on my door and run, they'd call and then not say anything multiple times a day.

I told my parents and teachers, and yeah, they stopped picking on me, but the entire school isolated me because I was that kid that "told on his own friends".

Many people won't agree with me on this, but this is my opinion: get them back. Don't take them all at once, you will lose. Isolate one and do the same to him. Take his MAJOR paper assignment and rip it to shreds. If he asks for your homework so he can copy off it, write up a homework assignment that has some right parts in it, but are mostly wrong, and give it to him. Just pull pranks, but don't put your anger in it, as you can go too far. He may not get the whole OH, I SHOULD TREAT OTHERS LIKE I WANT TO BE TREATED, but he will learn you're not a pushover.
    albinonerd13 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albinonerd13
    Okay, so there are these two guys I hang out with (not saying 'friends' anymore) that I absolutely hate, but I can't tell anyone, because I carpool to school with them every day. Today they ripped up my English project "as a joke". Haha. Nice joke, guys.

NOT.

What should I do?
    Here's a little update.

In the past few days they've been making a mental list of reasons I'm a loser (they talk about it on the way home and on the way there, when my mom's there, they text and whisper about it). So far they're at 21. They use stupid reasons like "It hurts when I punch your arm" and "It takes you forever to get to the car after school" (My electives are WAY farther from the car than their's, mind you). They're still jerks that make me want to go insane. Today one of them "passed" the basketball to me by throwing it at my face, then afterwards I was kind of laughing it off, acting like I didn't care, and my face was red from getting hit. The friend that hit me was like "Your face is red right under your eyes...it looks like you're about to cry, and I know you probably are." to which I had nothing to do but look at my friend's totally mean, degrading, smartass facial expression.

HELP!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 03:55 PM
    ... why does your mom still drive them?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Does your mom know what is going on? What they're doing is not OK. They are getting away with being total jerks and no one can stop them? Is there someone else you could ride to school with? I know it seems like if you complained about it it would backfire, but in 10 years those two will either be apologizing to you about the way they used to treat you or in jail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

My ex said he me to hate him [ 7 Answers ]

ARGH SORRY the title is supposed to be "my ex wants me to hate him". I have no idea what I wrote. Apologies! Hello everyone, ARGH I'm so stressed at the moment, in the middle of exams but I'm crying everyday and having these stupid random breakdowns in the middle of the day. My boyfriend...

I hate myself [ 3 Answers ]

I hate living and no one wants me around and the only thing I'm good at is work and for money my parents want to kick me out and I the told me they wish I was dead my ex girlfriend is making my life a living hell and she makes me feel like I can't do anything and none of my famil wants me to move...

View more questions Search