Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dumbo22 Posts: 53, Reputation: 0

Nov 30, 2007, 02:00 AM
    Diet pills/supplements do they work
    Hi I recently ganed some weight and I really want to get rid of I been running and cutting down on foods but I need a boost. I was working out hard for a couple months and got big people were asking me if I was on steroids lol.. I got an injury on my arm and ended up getting surgery. I haven't worked for 3 and half months if not more and haven't been too much exercersie. I have gained stretch marks on my arm pits and thighs maybe had them for awhile but just noticed them bad now.. so in other words I'm getting fat.. I can't work my arms because of injury witch makes me think why I getting stretch marks on arms. And other than just been lazy eatting not getting much exersie.. I'm about 5.7, 5 8 180- 178 pounds.. gained quite a bit.. I'm wondering do diet pills/ body burngin suppelements work and what are the best to lose weight... I was taking some before when I was working out before the injury and seemed to help me gain muscel. If you have any ideas that ot thoughs that be great. I'm getting quite depressed about this incident so help and thanks for your time:D
    dumbo22 Posts: 53, Reputation: 0

Dec 1, 2007, 02:11 AM
    Thanks what would you prefer though because I have no idea
    Sanjay Persad Posts: 110, Reputation: 0

Dec 9, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Yeah some diet pills work but you need to be exercising. Also check with the pharmacist or a doctor what is safe.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2007, 11:21 AM
    It depends on what your problem if it will work for you all the diet pills that use to work for me haven't been working now.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Dec 14, 2007, 02:39 PM
    The key word in this thread is "supplement." The word "supplement" = "something in addition to."

ANYTHING that you buy at a store is merely going to be supplemental and assist you in what you're already doing successfully.

If you're eating garbage and being lazy, then spending any money on a supplement is the same as flushing that same money down the toilet. You'll get MUCH better results if you just focus on your nutrition and eating and slowly rehab your injury.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2007, 07:43 PM
    You really don't need diet pills to lose weight, most of them are full of all sorts of additives, herbs, vitamins and minerals, which isn't bad) and a lot of caffine, which that part you don't need. What the majority of diet aids say is to watch what and how much you eat and exercise, And this is the real key to losing weight, Correct portions, like 3 oz of lean meat, veggies and fruit with each meal, along with legumes, beans for added protein, small quantities of nuts and seeds, for power snacks, cutting out high sugar, salt snacks, fatty or fast foods, and any drinks that contain high fructose corn syrup, instead drinks lots of water all day. ANd finally exercise on a regular basis, 3-4 times a week, even if it's as simple as walking or biking a mile a day, or resistance training, aerobics, dancing, swimming,but you must move your whole body in order to lose body fat, on a regular basis. You may lose weight on the pills but generally this weight comes right back once your off the pills, if you watch how much and what you eat and exercise, you will lose weight and keep it off, and it's a lot better for your body to do it without the pills and caffine.
    MassNutrition Posts: 75, Reputation: 5

Jan 26, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocasean
    The key word in this thread is "supplement." The word "supplement" = "something in addition to."

ANYTHING that you buy at a store is merely going to be supplemental and assist you in what you're already doing successfully.

If you're eating garbage and being lazy, then spending any money on a supplement is the same as flushing that same money down the toilet. You'll get MUCH better results if you just focus on your nutrition and eating and slowly rehab your injury.
    I absolutely agree with Bocasean. This is why they are called "supplements", and not called "replacements". They should be used in conjunction with what you already do, as in workouts and diet. There is no such thing as a magic diet pill, but they do ASSIST in giving you an edge when we lose focus, or hit a sticking point where we JUST CAN'T lose those LAST 5 lbs! Just do your research in which one you choose, don't burn your wallet/purse with gimmics, and follow label guideleines. Good luck!
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Jan 26, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Simple answer to your question. Yes, most diet supplements work, all in different ways. Some help with water weight, some with appetite control, some with energy levels, some with metabolism, etc. The right thing to do would be to figure out which area you need the most help in and tackle the "diet pill" that will help you the most. I don't need to repeat everyone else on here and tell you everything you already know, that you need to eat right, and exercise, etc. That is common sense. I think what they are trying to say is if you can't do the basic things inclued in a healthy lifestyle then don't bother with the diet aides. Best of luck my man!

P.S. Xenadrine worked best for me before they banned ephedra, now Hydroxycut has proven most helpful (great for energy levels and appetite control). Just for lovespa they make it in a caffiene free version too ;-)
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Diet pills for the most part are a lot of herbs, vitamins, caffine and are only effective if you cut down on your portions of foods and exercise, otherwise your, spending money on products, that give you too much caffine, and false promises. Everything you can do on your own, with smaller portions of healthy foods and exercise!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diet Pills [ 27 Answers ]

I need some advice and information on diet pills... I have started a low calorie diet with regular exercise. Are there any diet pills that ACTUALLY work, that would help this process speed up? :rolleyes: Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Diet pills [ 1 Answers ]

Are diet pills safe? I don't no if it comes under this subject but I need to find out for a study I am doing on it , so are they?? :D

Diet Pills [ 1 Answers ]

I had my beautifull daughter about 10 months ago and I work out everyday and diet as well... I've tried everything so I was thinking about using a diet pill any suggestions??

Adricted to diet pills and over the counter pills [ 5 Answers ]

:o I have for the past 4 years been adicted to dietr pills and over the counter pills I even take more then I need toi have tried to stop before but just couldn't stop. I want to stop and I want to get better but I don't know how I can stop with out help but I don't want to sign myself into a...

Diet pills [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 26 And Weigh About 163 And I'm 5'6. I Working Toward Losing 20 Pounds. So Does Any One Know Of A Diet Supplement That May Be Helpful That Really Works. I Also Watch What I Eat And Exercise.

View more questions Search