Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wjuenger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 02:03 PM
    LIFO reserve in accounting
    If a company has a large LIFO reserve and is negotiating a selling price, does that affect the purchase price? And if so how?
    student 101 Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wjuenger
    If a company has a large LIFO reserve and is negotiating a selling price, does that affect the purchase price? and if so how?
    Not sure about your question... to my understanding lifo only means that we are selling the last inventory in so our cost of goods is the actual amount the last shipment cost it does not affect price unless your selling it for a lower amount then it will affect and have to be record as a sale expence or discount depending on the company..
    fleocapra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wjuenger View Post
    If a company has a large LIFO reserve and is negotiating a selling price, does that affect the purchase price? and if so how?
    Do you have the answer for this question?

I'm facing the same question with you...

If yes, do tell me... asap... thanks a lot in advanced
    MF Controller Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Yes the reserve would affect it. This is because the reserve means that the amount of loss you have should you try to liquidate some asets. Review the meaning of why there are reserves for inventory... LIFO would mean you might have some really old inventory that would have to be scrapped

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reserve requirement [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to solve for the reserve requirement?

Escrow reserve formula? [ 2 Answers ]

Most mortgage company required you to keep a mortgage reserve in your escrow account. But how is the amount determined. Is it a percentage of the mortgage, is it a % Of the your monthly payment, or what??

Ferderal reserve [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to stimulate the economy? I'm thinking by increasing the reserve requirement and increasing margin requirement but I'm not sure

Accounting, fifo and lifo [ 2 Answers ]

Bought Sold January 40 at £30 each June 30 for £68 each April 20 at £44 each September 14 for £60 each 19 Based on the above figures, what is the closing inventory value that would be shown in the Balance Sheet using FIFO? a. £480 b. £704 c. £700 d. £1088

View more questions Search