Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radmg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 12:04 AM
    Correcting an entry
    A check has been correctly written and paid for by the bank in the amount of $570 is incorrectly recorded on the company's books for $57. What is the right adjustment on the bank reconciliation
    student 101 Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 12:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by radmg
    a check has been correctly written and paid for by the bank in the amount of $570 is incorrectly recorded on the company's books for $57. what is the right adjustment on the bank reconciliation
    OK now find out what the check was for and credit cash $100 and debit whatevert the account the check was for

(account check belon'g too)... $100dbt
    Cash... $100credit

Nov 26, 2007, 12:17 AM
    I'm sorry not 100 but 500 which is what is owe to the books

Nov 26, 2007, 12:18 AM
    Sorry very sleepy just post the difference of 570 to 57 which is 513 I'm so sorry
    qcmar24 Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Nov 26, 2007, 01:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by radmg
    a check has been correctly written and paid for by the bank in the amount of $570 is incorrectly recorded on the company's books for $57. what is the right adjustment on the bank reconciliation
    OK this is what you need to do, since the check was recorded in the cash account for less of the actually value you need to deduct the difference of 570 less 57 (513) to the cash account, and in the journal you need to debit that to the account that was initially affected for 513 and credit cash for 513

Cash book balance... xxxxxx
    Deduct
    To correct check No.x... 513

-------------------------------------------------------------

lets say the affected account was rent expense
    Dr. Rent expense... 513
    Cr.Cash... 513
    To correct check No. x that was uncorrectly recorded.

Hope this could help you

Nov 26, 2007, 01:07 AM
    Pardon me expert sunshine but I'm doing my hw too and I did not read the complete question.. but when doing journals in real life accounting bank reconsiliation in least inportant than posting the rigth entry to get the rigth balance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Correcting a Balance Sheet [ 1 Answers ]

I have to correct a balance sheet. It says the client failed to mention amounts for interest payable and for salaries payable. If I add them into the liabilities than my liabilities will be greater than my assets. So what do I do?

Correcting my posture [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can improve my posture? I have a bad habit of not sitting up straight or I walk with my shoulders bent forward. Can I somehow help myself with this problem before I turn into the hunchback of notre dame... I am in my upper 20's. Any advise is appreciated.

Correcting entries [ 1 Answers ]

Which accounts would I use to correct an entry, where a bill was posted as being paid and later it was realized that the bill was paid with the owner's personal money?

Correcting scars [ 2 Answers ]

I cut myself for three years and now I have very noticeable scars all over my arms legs ankles and I don't know how to reduce their visibility or make them less obvious... any ideas?

Correcting entry [ 1 Answers ]

What is the inccorect entry correct entry and correcting entry The purchase on account of a computer that cost $3,000 was recorded as a debit to supplies and a credit to accounts payable for $3,000

View more questions Search