Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Asaahi Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 03:11 AM
    Girl drives me nuts and I'm sick of texting!
    So basically, there's a girl at the movie store. We went out on 2 dates. Both times she fed me (This was around end of October). But I scheduled it. On Nov. 2 she came over to my place, watched a movie, and we kissed for the first time and went a bit further (No Sex).

So anyway, a day later I asked her if she was free the following days but she seemed a bit distant. I remember her mentioning something about hating "clinginess" on our first date so I toned it down a bit. She still texts and sends little messages here and there though, and picture messages.

The thing is we never talk on the phone, the only way we communicate when not in person is text. It's F-ing annoying! Basically, her birthday is tomorrow which is going to force me to call and say Happy Birthday, but besides that I'm just going to wait for her to initiate a date or conversation.

Oh and I asked her out a couple other times past weeks. She said she had work and such.

Is she genuinely BUSY?

Basically my questions are, have I fallen into the friend zone?
    Should I let her initiate things now?
    What should I get for her Birthday?
    Should I even call for her birthday which is today?
    And lastly, how do I show her that I'm not clingy?

Thanks!
    nomatter Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Nov 13, 2007, 04:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Asaahi
    So basically, there's a girl at the movie store. We went out on 2 dates. Both times she fed me (This was around end of October). But I scheduled it. On Nov. 2 she came over to my place, watched a movie, and we kissed for the first time and went a bit further (No Sex).

So anyways, a day later I asked her if she was free the following days but she seemed a bit distant. I remember her mentioning something about hating "clinginess" on our first date so I toned it down a bit. She still texts and sends little messages here and there though, and picture messages.

The thing is we never talk on the phone, the only way we communicate when not in person is text. It's F-ing annoying! Basically, her birthday is tomorrow which is gonna force me to call and say Happy Birthday, but besides that I'm just gonna wait for her to initiate a date or conversation.

Oh and I asked her out a couple other times past weeks. She said she had work and such.

Is she genuinely BUSY?!

Basically my questions are, have I fallen into the friend zone?
    Should I let her initiate things now?
    What should I get for her Bday?
    Should I even call for her birthday which is today?
    And lastly, how do I show her that I'm not clingy?

Thanks!
    Well you must have heard "what goes around comes around" she'll come around.. what you can do to prove her that you are not so clingy is you can stop texting her so often. And no need to get her a birth day gift, no need to call her, just send a simple and cute sms to her cell phone as a wish on her her b'day. That's all. Well I can't say you have fallen into the friend zone, you have fallen into her avoid zone. It sounds more like she is kind of ignorin u (no offense OK dear).. so let her come around..
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 02:34 PM
    She may be 'avoiding' you because she doesn't want to get into anything too fast and too deep and wants to make sure you are not the clingy type first. Give it time and eventually you will know how she really feels
    dataguneed Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Nov 14, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Maybe she is not interested anymore because you might be clingy in her eyes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbor's LOUD R/C car toy drives me nuts [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Is there a way to intercept my neighbor's remote control car toy signal? He drives me nuts with this extremely LOUD toy. The guy is married, about 24 with a kid and owns the house next to me. I've closed the front door, all the windows and the noise still pierces through my house. I've...

Texting ma ex [ 11 Answers ]

Do you guys think that it is weird that I can't stop contacting my ex after freaking 8 months. I will go up to two weeks without talking to her and then I'll send her a text message or something. I still think about her a good bit but I never call her. Usually if I write her I will immediately...

Only Texting [ 2 Answers ]

This guy and I have liked each other for about 3 months now, and everything was going fine. He was being super sweet and it was amazing. We just remained only friends because it took the stress out of it. But then we had spring break and I didn't see him for 2 weeks. I was so excited when I came...

Unlimited texting [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know of a cheap cell phone plan that lets you have unlimited text messaging @ a cheap monthly rate? Preferably pre-paid...

My ex is texting me again... What does it mean? [ 7 Answers ]

I posted this one up about 2 weeks back https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=23777 Now after how it was left off on Friday her saying it will only complicate things more if we see each other as friends and for me to take care I get a text from her yesterday (4 days after I said that)....

View more questions Search