Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorab915 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Can't seem to move on from my ex
    My ex-fiance and I were together for 5 years. He was deployed overseas for a year and wanted this relationship more than anything. Then when he came back, he just refused to see me, talk to me, anything. His family is very manipulative and controlling and would basically disown him if he were to do anything but live with Mom and Dad. He's 39 years old.

We had an incredible relationship. He says it's a once in a lifetime. I don't know how to move on. I live in my own little shell now. I drink more than I should and am very lonely. The thought of going out with others makes me sick. I feel like I would be cheating and I really don't have feelings for other men.

Why do I love a man who would do this to me? What's wrong with me?

I'm attractive, have a good job, am a good mother. But deep down inside I'm miserable.

Please help me. I'm 43 years old and life is passing me by.

Don't know what to do, where to turn.
    linds03 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 12:42 AM
    Not sure what happened to him, but it sounds like something definitely snapped. When did this end? If it makes you feel any better I just ended a 5 year relationship with my ex for various reasons and now I completely regret it. Could have made it work... my thinking is that he will eventually come back to you. Maybe he needs some time after his deployment because of PTSD or something? If your relationship was as great as you say it was I would bet money that he'll realize what he lost. Are you willing to try it again if he does come back to you?? Be strong! Don't call or contact him in any way... he will wonder what your up to and wonder if you've moved on without him. This is what I think everyday and it makes you want that person even more. Give him time and space... but I do think he'll come around. I also know what you mean with the dating thing. I don't want another man to even look at me. Give yourself time and keep busy... otherwise you'll drive yourelf crazy thinking about it 24/7. best of luck with everything!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't move on [ 2 Answers ]

You should realize, first, that I am so desperate right now that I've even resorted to an online help forum. I am very depressed and heartbroken. I dated this guy for 3 years and we lived together and had a very serious relationship and he just dumped me about 5 weeks ago. It's very hard for me to...

Move out [ 2 Answers ]

What will happen if a person moves out of a mobile home wihtout paying the balance. They own nothing. They will be moving into a family rental house. What consequences will happen to them. Will their wages be garnished for the remaining balance?

Help I want to move [ 3 Answers ]

I have joint custody of my 11 year old son. I live in Florida it is expensive, we live paycheck to pay check. I was offered a promotion moving no more than 500 miles away to South Carolina doubling my income. In my divorce papers my ex-husband had a stipulation put in that I have to have a hearing...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search